This is the latest page I've been working on.....I just picked up this awesome collection by My Little Yellow Bicycle and couldn't wait to play with the goodies!! .....while I'm here I thought I'd add a little challenge I did at sb.com. Pammy a friend of mine at sb.com challenged a bunch of us to do a list of 5 scrapping secrets and 5 cool things......here's mine!!
5 Scrap Secrets.....
1. Well, I may as well put it here since every second day I'm answering this question for someone! LOL!.....How do I do my scallopes on my pages!....No big fancy gadget, I'm totally old school on that one! I collect anything with a fancy edge and us it as a template and then cut out by hand!....my latest favourite is the Bazzill "Just the Edge" pieces....a package full of cool edges to use as templates...and since there are 2 in a pack, I can use one of each as a permanent template and the others for scrapping!
2. I don't have a corner punch.....but an easy way to get even rounded corners is to turn your photo or matting over and use a dime to draw a perfect round ...then cut it out!
3. I have a great place I like to go to find quotes and poems and fun titles for my layouts....hhmmmm, should I share????.....okay...it's http://www.dennydavis.net/ check it out if you ever need just the right quote for a page or have trouble thinking up a good title for a theme page!
4. I'm often asked what do I use to make the circle's in my layouts..... again, none of the expensive circle cutting tools....heehee, I reserve my funds for the newest blooms, papers, and bling LOL!!!....I use a circle template by Crafters workshop, I simply draw out the circle the size I'm looking for and hand cut.....easy peasy!
5. Another question I'm often asked is 'how do you do such perfect hand stitches'......what I do is....for example on my 'She..." page......I drew out the circle I was going to hand stitch....then I put a soft foam mat underneath my layout (you can use the mats you use under stamping, or even a foam of rubber bottom mouse pad)....then I take the needle and poke even holes along the pencil line. Then when I take my needle and thread it is easy to get perfect uniform stitches.
5 Cool Things
1. I just love my Quickutz Revolution and die-cut alpha's.....always handy for DT work when you didn't get some alpha's to go with the kit.....also you never run out of vowels or the popular consonents anymore!
2. I recently tried the Bo Bunny pink flex ruler.....awesome for making a nice even wave on your page!!....I used to draw and redraw a wave for my pages....but with this ruler you just keep flexing the ruler till you have the wave exactly the way you want it, then simly draw it onto your patterned paper. (again, you can see the item below).
3. One Item I almost never scrap without is my Colorbox chalk ink in the colour 'chestnut' ....it always seems to make the edges of my patterned paper pop more and adds a certain warmth to the page.
4. And I have got to say I just LOVE rub-ons.....my absolute favourite? Daisy d's for sure!!!.....love the white and black combination rub-ons.....they always add that little extra to a page.
5. Another favourite product is any of the Prima bling flourishes!!! I just can't get enough of those!!