Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hold on to your hats!!! The kits for My Creative Scrapbook are revealed today!.....


....And they are out of this world!!! I know I'm often saying this but I think this may be my all time favourite Main Kit from MY CREATIVE SCRAPBOOK ever!! This kit featured the gorgeous papers from the new Webster's Pages 'Natures Storybook' collection, and my goodness, wait till you see these in person, just breathtaking!! And the beautiful embellishments that Pam married up with these papers just get your creativity going!! Prima blooms and crystals....a variety of lovely trims and ribbons and can you say CAMEO's??! Yep, a collection of 5 gorgeous cameo pieces to co-ordinate with the lovely Websters papers!! and LOVE the alphabet stickers that Websters Pages makes!! so versatile and just the right sizes! The above page is one of 4 layouts I made for this kit. One thing I really love about these papers is the wonderful handcutting they allow you to do. I cut out the lily of the valley blooms and the butterflies and layered them onto the page with foam pop dots to add more dimension to the l/o.....here are some close ups....

Check out the beautiful bronze/gold crystal and pearl flourish in this kit....love the richness it adds to a page. Below are some close-ups of the hand-cut paper (I added a little bit of stickles green glitter to the edges of the cut paper for more shimmer) and check out the cute cameo piece, I gave it a bit of a frame by adhering it to some dark cardstock and using a scallop edge scissor to cut around it, then I used some gold/bronze 3 dimensional metalic paint drops to give the piece more of a 'jewelled' look......



With this next layout, I tried out an old technique called 'Quilling'. I had seen this technique many years ago when I first started scrapping. But recently I was taking some books out of the library and some fresh designs sparked a renewed interest in this craft for me. In this page I quilled some green strips of paper to create the leaf/vine design and then combined a quilling and paper curling technique to make the little pink rosettes....For a tutorial on how to make these cute little quilled pink roses see my tutorial at My Creative Scrapbook or click this link Quilled Roses

Here are some close-ups of the paper quilling and some of the beautiful trims and embellishments included in this kit.....


This kit allows for so many different looks, the 3rd l/o I made with the main kit I used the lavender colour papers and again incorporated more quilling designs. (For Quilling basics come see my tutorial at MCS just click this link Quilling Basics) I was inspired by the exotic bloom in the top left corner of the patterned paper to make the Fuscia blooms out of a variety of burgundy/purple strips of cardstock paper......

The photo is of the beautiful Lupin that bloom in my garden every spring, it started out as a little plant I put in, and now this perennial plant has spread into this wonderful cluster of blooms that just pop up for me every year! Chloe took this photo and I'd been wanting to scrap it for a while now....Here are some close-ups of the quillwork I did to make up this page....



And for a 4th page I made up for this kit I utilized the blue tone papers in this collection....there is some lovely tulle and light as air silk ribbon in this kit that was a lot of fun to play with! I used the silk ribbon and stitched a floral design with it and then used some DMC floss to make the stems.....

Here are some close-up detail photo's of the trims and embellishments in the kit....



I still have so many wonderful extra papers left over from this kit and will for sure be revisiting this kit (when my pinched nerve lets up a bit!!)

Another wonderful kit this month is the Limited Edition kit! Gorgeous papers and packed with really amazing blooms and trims!! Here are a few pages I made up using this kit.....

I think Pam felt that the LE kit girls deserved a pretty cameo piece in their kit too so, voila! the lovely cameo you see here is included in this kit! Along with more lovely blooms, lace and pearl trims and I just love the intricately cut chipboard flourish in this one too. Here are some close-ups....



I had been looking for just the right paper to use for this photo of my girls and their cousins playing at their grandparents house....I just giggle everytime I see the funny look on Meagan's face, I wonder what was going on in her head at the time LOL! I found just the right colours in this kit....




And a third l/o I made with the LE kit, check out the wonderful floral/fibre in this kit, no need to arrange flowers and trims, this all one piece! Lot's of extra Prima blooms and branches in this one too for all you Prima lovers....



For those of you who are really looking forward to doing some Autumn scrapping, you'll really enjoy the October Creative kit! Here is one l/o I made using some of the spicey autumn colours in this kit! The photo is of my sweet niece and her puppy taken up at my brother's cottage....

There are so many fun embellishing elements to this kit, along with a variety of pretty blooms, there are wonderful chipboard elements and Pink Paislee glitter sticks. I 'sugared' the chipboard pieces with the glittery goodness included in this kit. Here are some close-up details....



A second layout I made using this kit was of a photo I took of my parents when we were on a walk about a month ago. They recently celebrated their 50th anniversary and I feel blessed that I still have them in my life.....

For this page I cut a few dried grasses from my backyard and tied them up with some of the ribbon in the kit. I drew out the Dandelion flowers with a brown pen and then added a little glitter to the tips of the blooms/weeds to add some shimmer to the page. There is a lattice piece of chipboard in the kit that I cut down, then cut little points at the top to create the small picket fence embellishment. Here are some close-ups...









Looking for more inspiration?....Don't forget to have a look at what the rest of the designteam has been up to this month, there's loads of beautiful pages and projects at the Design Team Gallery to get scrapping! And take a second to check out my Quilling tips at My Creative Scrapbooks Tips & Techniques thread or click the links below, it's fun and a great way to add a little pizzaz to your pages!

Quilling Basics
Quilled Roses
Quilled Butterflies
Thanks!!

~Gabrielle xxx

35 comments:

Marisol said...

Hi Gabrielle
Like you say, I think these are the best kits of MCS too.
Your Layouts are wonderful. I always say to you the same, but It is because I love all your LOs....
They are amazing, I love them!!!!
Thank you for all ideas you make on your jobs!
greetings from Spain.

Angélique said...

Hello Gabrielle,
I can't believe my eyes, your pages are all so gorgeous !
I especially love the quilled fuchsia ! You are so creative and talented ! Thank you for the inspiration.
The kits are fabulous.
Have a great day (not rainy like here, in France !).

Sandy said...

Once again I sit here in awe of your talent...thanx so much for the wealth of inspiration you share with all of us...you are amazing!

Darien said...

WOW!! Beautiful Kit!! And love the pages you had made!!!! They are Gorgeous!!

Eileen said...

Your layouts are absolutely STUNNING! I love coming here!

Romy said...

Wow, all your layouts are stunning. I so love your style. It's very unique and full of amazing details. Love your quilling technique too!

Scossie Jane said...

OMG Gabrielle, these layouts (lost count) are stunning, your eye for detail never fails to amaze me, you seem to know just what to put where, and it is always visually pleasing, your quilling technique will, I'm sure, spark a renewed interest in this time old craft - love the fuschias - love the layouts xx

wendela said...

wow wow wow!! Gabriella, your work is stunning!!! it's all eye candy!!

Mieke said...

Who needs more inspiration then this? Lol! Your layouts are stunning Gabi, really pretty. I can't wait to get the main kit. Love Websters and you are right that Pam can make the best kits come together.
Hugs,
Mieke

angelwhispers said...

Gabrielle these are just "Stunning" the layouts are so creative and with all the added sewing & quilling theyui8 are just out of the world xx

JJ Sobey said...

Such beautiful kits. I'm always soooo disappointed that she won't sell single purchase kits. I never subscribe to kits because I won't commit to buying something I haven't seen. So I miss all her kits. :(

Sally said...

Gabrielle. How do you keep doing it? You are amazing. I sooooo look forward every month to you uploading your blog. I have to come back here time and time again cos I always find something I didn't see the first time.
I absolutely love love your work.

Pearl said...

You absolutely take things to the next level with each new kit reveal , Gabi! amazing use of colors & such craftmanship in each creation ! always a pleasure to see !!!

Terry said...

OMG! Gabrielle, your work is AMAZING! I have never seen anything like it!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gabi...you always blow me away with your creativity and flair...you are one awesome scrapper!

Okispice said...

Well you sure came back with a bang! I am sorry you still ache but appreciate that you took the time to show us your beautiful works. I hope doing your art brings you some comfort and calm. It touches so many and is a joy to view. Congrats to your parents, also on their many years of wedded bliss.

Ania - "Z Papieru Tworzone" said...

It`s so, so sweet, beautifyl and cute LO!!!
Hugs from Poland :)

Debbie Sherman said...

Your layouts are all fabulous as always!!! Gorgeous work!! Love the quilling!

Donna said...

I just found your site from 2P's and your pages are AWESOME!! The quilling is wonderful! Somehow it looks new and inventive compared to the traditional examples you see. I also love your use of Prima flowers and jewels. Your layout with the continuing waterfall is wonderful. I bow to your creativity and can't wait to create inspired by your style and beautiful layouts!!

Anonymous said...

I am in charge of a craftblog in France and I posted an article on you with your last page. It is so nice!! If it upsets you do not hesitate to say it to me
see you soon

Cindy said...

Wow Gabrielle, There's just no end to your amazing creativity! Even with your arm in pain, you are still blowing our minds with your fabulous work, all these pages are absolutely gorgeous!
I really hope you are feeling better.
Best wishes and hugs,
Cindy :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous work !!! My heart always makes a little leap when looking at your layouts ; they're fabulous !!!!!!!!

greetings from Belgium,
Ann

The Dolphin Inn said...

Well you just blew my hat straight of lol, what a stunning array of layouts, you never fail to amaze me Gabi, jaw droppingly beautiful TFS XXX

christelle said...

Congratulations for all your gorgeous layouts!!
I love all the details and your flowers are marvellous!!
It's always a great pleasure to discover your creations, you are very talented!!
Hugs from France,
Christelle.

Héloïse said...

wow this page is so beautiful....
I think I willdo another visits on your blog!!
Héloïse

laterg8r said...

you have incredible pages that have stunning details :D

i am now your 200th follower :D

Rita Barakat said...

Your work is gorgeous! Always an inspiration! I've been looking at for years at Scrapbook.com and finally crossed over to the blog world! LOL! Your work is absolutley gorgeous!SO inspiring!

angelica said...

wauw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!zo prachtig dingen wat je maakt moet je echt bewonderen hoor
ben een fan van jou scrap !!!
nog een fijn weekend
Angelica

Liz said...

G - your work this month is just stunning. Thank you for all of the closeups and tips.

Anonymous said...

WOW! These LOs are just devine. I have not seen anything so beautiful and inspirational for ages. Gill

AmandaGuiliana said...

I love all of your pages! i wish i could get lessons from you!Ive been trying to do some of your ideas but they just dont turn out as good as your! I still havent figured out how you do the pages that are ripped with the burnt edges. i look forward to seeing your new posts and if you read these comments let me know how you do the paper edges. Thank you!

Jennifer said...

I just love your layouts!!! how do you make your scalloped circles? they are so perfectly round!! what tool do you use?

Carmen said...

Hi Gabrielle,
Absolutely love your work! I noticed you added material out of your garden to your pages. Don't they dry out? Regardless, they look SO nice!! Wonderful lo's!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Absolutely the gorgeous work I,ve ever seen!!!!
Regards from Slovenia
iris
------------------

http://iritina.moj-album.com
iris4every1@yahoo.com

Sathyakshi Lanka said...

Hii gabrielle..,
Amazing!!
I'm so interested with your page.
These are so cute & so gorgous.
I have no more words to tell how much they look creative.
Absolutely you are amazing one..
Best wishes for your future works!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails