Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bo Bunny's Zoology & Tiimepiece!!

You know how some collections just seem to work well together?  Well, I think Bo Bunny's new Zoology and their Timepiece collection is one of those!  Today's assignment at Bo Bunny was to do a project combining the two collections and let me say, they both just layered together so easily!  I was excited to get my first stab at working with the new Zoology collection, I just love the earthy colors in this one!.  I had sent out a bunch of animal photos my husband had taken when he went on a class trip to the African Lion Safari with Meagan when she was in Junior Kindergarten......and then somehow this photo of Chloe called out to me instread lol!  It's a photo I took of her a couple years back, she found out there were some Cardinals nesting in a tree at the side of the house so she grabbed her daddy's ladder and had to get herself a peek, ...I dashed into the house and caught the curious little monkey on film :)

I had a lot of fun playing with a new toy I picked up at an awesome local scrapstore Fovever Scrapbooks in Burlington Ontario (for you fellow Ontarion residents)....it's Spellbinders Rose Creations die cut petals.  It works really well with my Revolution Die cutter, who knew!  I cut a bunch of different size flower shapes out of one of the patterned 6x6 paper pad pieces from the Zoology & Timepiece collections to make the blooms.  (I am still experimenting with different ways to use these pieces and will do a tutorial soon on the types of blooms that can be made with it)   Here are some close up pic's of this layout....


Other than the Zoology & Timepiece goodies, I also added a few cute new piece's of my favourite laser cut chippies from Dusty Attic (the new Topiaries, the Ferns and Leafy Vines)  ....I painted the Topiary all white, then I simply used some chalk inks in green and terracotta colors to color up the piece.  For the pot I just rubbed on the ink over the edges, pressing a little more firmly on the outer edges so it fades in.....for the lip in the pot, I just ran the edge of my ink pad in a line across the piece a few times.  Same for the tree part, using green ink just press more firmly and go over the edges a few times to give the piece a more 'rounded' effect.

Here is a list of the supplies I used to make up this page:
Bo Bunny supplies used: Zoology Patterned paper (cut into a die-cut shape), Timepiece Dot, Timepiece 6x6 Paper pad, Zoology 6x6 paper pad for blooms), Zoology Noteworthy, Zoology Rub-ons, Timepiece Rub-ons, Zology & Timepiece brads, Zoology trim/ribbon, Double Dot cardstock (clover), Timepiece Jewels.

Other: White Gel pen, Stickles, Dusty Attic: Topiary, Leafy Vines and Fern Leaves.

Hey Everyone!  I have you ever wanted to give my scrapping style a go?  Well, here is a perfect excuse to give it a try!  From the 13th to the 26th Dusty Attic is Challenging people to scrap in my scrappy style....check out the challenge at this link ~~>  DA's Design Team Inspiration Challenge  I'm looking forward to seeing the designs you all come up with! :)


26 comments:

Romy said...

Oh wow, you did such a great job on mixing up these two collections. Such a gorgeous, deep layout! And the flowers you made are gorgeous too.

Bellaidea said...

Your mixing is great!

Sarah-R said...

This is so gorgeous!

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous!

Jolaine Frias said...

Oh Gabi! Another wonderful LO! Love that photo and how combined so many layers and embellishments!

sixofone aka Leah said...

I love the way you have mixed the two collections. And the blooms are brilliant as usual

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Love what you did with this LO. So many gorgeous features! I definitely like these two Bo Bunny lines together too! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Luz Maria Bruna said...

AMAZING design Gabi!!!

Tamikko said...

wow, how do you make us feel like we're right there in the picture. The textures and colours are so exquisite.

angel said...

Piękne LO!:)

Scrappiness said...

Soooo gorgeous!! I love the colors and the layers.

Unknown said...

OHHH My friend another stunning page!! this is so beautiful cool paper love it especially how you have made this !!
big hugs
Carla

thekolbes said...

OMG gorgeous
Trish

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!!!! This is Gorgeous!!

Rachael Elliott said...

Gorgeous page Gabrielle! You have made those two collections work so well together!!

Melissa said...

Wow!Wow!Wow! What a unique and different way you have used BoBunny! This page is absolutely stunning and the flowers are spectacular, incredible layout!!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful layout! Everything mixes so perfectly!

Cindy Gay said...

A beautiful combination of lovely papers and elements.

Lynn Biermann said...

Gabi.. this is awesome! I see what you mean about the 2 collections working together! This turned out wonderful with your great attention to details! So pretty! tfs :D

phamil said...

Gabi, just gorgeous work!!! And you did beautiful blooms with that die, I have to get it!!! I love the details in that page, and the photo is magical too, but you always have the most gorgeous pictures!!! What are the ferns? They are so pretty too!!! Love this page!!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous! I love all the detail on your pages and the placement of everything is so perfect with that beautiful paper :)

Anonymous said...

You created a AWESOME....lovely layout!I am a huge fan of your pages!
In my opinion,your creations was more cheerful with the paper WP, because WP paper is more suitable to you and your girls - more girlish and charming. And from Bo Bunny is more suitable Olivia Collection or VickiB Collection or Sophie Collection.

Sue said...

Another stunning page. Your layouts are real works of art and I love seeing them.

Gégé said...

So wonderful page, the Bo Bunny papers are my favorite one and you've made some great jewels!!!
Gégé from France

Joséphine said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning!!!! Love your style!

Patricia said...

gorgeous page...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails