Thursday, June 23, 2011

Let's Celebrate!! With 'B-side' Layouts!!

So it's day 4 of the week long celebration of Webster's Pages new collection called "Let's Celebrate!"   I've got to say I've really had some fun with this collection, but for today's post I was given one of my biggest challenges!  As you all know, Websters Pages paper collections are always a first choice for the gals that love the fussy cutting and the more 'busy' style pages (Ya, that would be me! lol!).  But the really cool thing about them is that there is a more graphic 'B' side to the papers (reverse side) that also cater to the girls who like doing the more simple/clean style pages!  So, I was challenged to do a layout using the B-side of the papers and keep the layout in a cleaner more neg space style (no fussy cutting).  So hang on to your hats, this is different from work you usually see on my blog lol! but I have to admit was a fun challenge!.....
I created this page by first doing a quick little hand doodled sketch on how I wanted the layout to look. (totally different from my usual process where I wing it and just add product and move things around as I go).  I then added the title to the left side of the page and drew out the design with a ruler and pencil and handstitched the frame and floral design.  The rest was done in a matter of minutes, just cut some circle designs from the b-side of the Websters Pages papers and matted with a dove grey cardstock.  Done!  I felt pretty happy with the page in the end......and can you guess which embellishment we are focusing on today?.....Yep, Webster's Blooms!  I chose to use the 'pretty in pink' Princess Petals that coordinate with this collection.....

So, there you go!  Something a little different but a nice and fun change to scrap!  Don't forget to keep playing the "I Spy" game outlined in my previous post, the design team is hunting the blog and Facebook sites for the ladies that are posting the badge/link below.....
Go ahead! Click on the badge above and it will take you to Brandin's surprise site, you can get in on the fun too!!   And if this is your first day checking out this fun week long promotion, you can find out how it all works ~~~> HERE

I just want to say thank-you to all the sweet ladies that commented on my last layout on Tuesday, I read all the comments at the Webster's site and here at my blog!  Your kind words and feedback mean so much to me, Thank-you!! xx

Tomorrow I have another layout to share with you all (I think this one is my fav of the lot).....I'll give you a little hint on the featured product.....it's new, it's glittery, and I just LOVE it! :)


19 comments:

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

Oh I love it! What a cute pic of your daughter too! It's different from what you normally do but you have such a unique style that it still comes out in this layout, and it's beautiful as alwasy!!!

Lindy said...

Oh my I love it!!!!! So beautiful and your daughter is a cutie!!!

Love the pink flowers!!!!!

mow180 said...

Wow is this ever different for you. But the elegance is still there. Love how you showcased the flowers. I don't have a blog so I facebooked the banner.

Romy said...

It might be totally different from what you usually create, but your layout is stunning though! Love the stitched flourish. It seems like you've got magical hands...everything you do will look great:)

Jolaine Frias said...

Very fun and elegant Gabi! LOVE all the stitching and the circle cutouts!

Susan said...

What a fabulous layout! I love the clean and simple lines and minimalist approach! Fabulous layout!

Lynn Biermann said...

Gabi, awesome! What a challenge eh?? You did wonderful! The pretty flow of the stitched flower stem is beautiful! I love the circle elements too! Really wonderful work! I can imagine you were tempted to turn the paper over!! Great work & beautiful as always! :)

phamil said...

Gabi, I swear you can do ANY style page and make it beautiful!!! This is just wonderful and the stitching is exquisite!!! Just a gorgeous gorgeous page! I know it's not your usual style, but believe me, it's GORGEOUS!

Pendra said...

Is there any style you cannot do? This is gorgeous... and VERY different! Love the hand stitching, I find this is the hardest to do, and I am a quilter... go figure! You have the most adorable photo's... but then look at your adorable daughters! Anyway wanted to say thanks for sharing your amazing work!

Gégé said...

Oh love, love, love it so much!!!!
Gégé from France

Melissa said...

Yep. I'm a 'b' side girl! Lovely layout! (thanks for spying my blog!!!) :)

Patty O'Malley said...

Amazing! Love the hand-stitching and those beautiful flowers!

Ava Gavloski said...

Hi Gabi: You will remember my layout using webster papers on page 2 of my blog.
http://cottagerca.blogspot.com/

I was really happy with that layout. Yes, this LO of yours is very different from your usual, although very noticeably unique. Brave girl hand stitching the whole floral design.

ava

Shell said...

Boy Oh Boy this is such a different style for u! What a fab job u did with the B side papers. Luv the hand stiching deatils u added!

Thanx for the visit to my blog Gabi! my badge is still posted at www.anotherscrappyday.blogspot.com

Pambi7 said...

Gabi, I am new to this site and the everyone's gorgeous work. I love everything I have seen of your work, it is to die for!! For not liking the "B" side you created a very beautiful piece. The hand stiching really makes a statement.

I osted my badge on facebook:
pambi7@yahoo.com

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Oh this is so much fun! I love the circles and reading your post ...

My design process is about the same as you andddd... cas type lo's are not my typical but they are fun for challenges! You did beautifully and I can't wait to stop back tomorrow!!!

ARTfulWings said...

A very elegant 'cas' layout - but you can still set its a Gabi page :O) - beautiful as always! Polly x

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous piece! I have no idea how I missed this yesterday! Love the stitching and circle elements. So lovely and the Princess Petals accent it beautifully. TFS!

Jeni O'Connor said...

So clever, so creative.
Yay for you for taking up the challenge.
That's what I love about scrapping it entices us to step out of our comfort zone and stretch our creativity. Beautiful page Gabi.
Jx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails