Friday, August 19, 2011

The Color Room ~ Palette #72 & Some Dusty Attic & Websters Pages

I made the above  DT layout for this weeks new color palette over at The Color Room ~ Palette #72.  This is such a pretty palette, I concentrated on the greys and soft mauve/pink for my layout with touches of the aqua and green/gold.  Here is the inspiration photo for Color Palette #72
Lately my girls have been after me to redecorate their bedrooms and Chloe is all about shabby-chic design for her room.  I came across this photo of a shabby-chic bedroom and was just so charmed by it.....hence the title 'wish'  (my youngest took that photo of me!.....not bad job aye?) 

I used cardstock and Websters Pages Country Estate papers and bloom designs cut from Websters Pages Let's Celebrate  to make up this layout.  The large grey bloom, the cameo (Silhouettes), the sheer white/gold trim and the white lace butterfly netting are all by Websters Pages.  The chandelier, Baroque corners (around the cameo piece) and leafy vine are all from Dusty Attic (the vine is one of the new summer releases)  The finish I gave the chipboard pieces is simply painted white and edged with a little brown chalk ink.  I added some Tim Holtz Rock Candy to add crackle to it (Rock Candy is really cool, not a lot of steps needed, just paint it on and it cracks as it dries! ...the thicker you apply it the bigger the crackle)  Here are a few close-up pics..... 


I made the pink roses using simple cardstock and the Spellbinders Rose Creations die cuts, you can find my tutorial for these in my sidebar here at my blog.

If you like this palette, come join in the fun and post your project made with these colors over at The Color Palette!  Each week the some of the design team members are given the fun task of browsing the gallery and choosing some of the work to feature in the newsletter.....maybe this will be your week!  And while you are there have a peek at the work of the other design team members with this palette, they are spectacular!

I'm off to make my girls and their friends a really fun salty/sweet pretzel peanut butter treat that I saw on Pinterest!  I'll let you know how they turn out!  (I'll be posting a little post tomorrow to announce who won my little giveaway from yesterday!) ....Thankyou EVERYONE for the very sweet comments you all left me here and at Bo Bunny, I've read every single post and am so touched by your words! xx

30 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Gabrielle this is such an elegant and classy page. Its all beautiful. The leave vine is stunning. Lee xx

Denni said...

As always this is simply gorgeous! I love the colors and the layering and the little touches of bling. I am still sitting here admiring all the little details....

SusanLotus said...

Fantastic LO! Luxurious and elegant!

Tanya said...

This is stunning! I love the soft colors, and all of your fabulous details!

Pendra said...

I agree with all the other comments... this is stunning! I too am also looking at every little detail. But I am also studying the room you profiled, (sigh) if only I could have a room like that! (Wish list)!!! Thanks for sharing! Be back tomorrow for your giveaway announcement... fingers and toes crossed!

Janet said...

This layout has the WOW !!! Totally stunning the embellishments are gorgeous,the color palette is soft & delicate
Janet

Trillucy said...

Attention has long been the wonderful ones you create! I'm thrilled! Congratulations!

Cara K Yarbrough said...

Gabi this is so dreamy and lovely. The mood you captured is amazing. Who wouldn't love a room like the one you've shown?????? Well - er, maybe our DHs?! LOL Anyway - love everything about this and so enjoy looking at all of your stunning details. Never disappointed in your work - always a feast for the eyes!

Courtney Walsh said...

Sooo pretty!!!!

Romy said...

Oh my, that sure is a gorgeous room! But your layout is totally gorgeous too! It beautifully reflects the shabby chic feel of the photo:) Such an amazing take on this colour palette! and that is a gorgeous photo of you too!

Прозрачная said...

lovely wish***

Unknown said...

Oh wow!!! Such amazing work!! Thank you for such wonderful inspiration!

I have to share this on my blog!

Paula in Ontario, Canada said...

Wow, such a pretty palette to work with!! As always, your page is just stunning!!

That sure is a dream room... :)

phamil said...

What a "dreamy" page, and that room suits you!!! So pretty, such elegant details, and the colors too! You just keep creating these beautiful pages and you never cease to amaze me!!!! Love it!

Cindy Gay said...

Perfect color scheme for you! Lovely layout.

Patty O'Malley said...

I always look forward to seeing what you post next because you are a neverending source of inspiration! What can I say about this layout? Simply beautiful!

Vicky Alberto said...

one of your best!!!

Unknown said...

STUNNING...love the colours and everything you have done..so many details

Anna Pyssloteket said...

This is beautiful!
Anna
Pyssloteket
Sweden

cheryl said...

This is so beautiful. I love the chandelier and what you have done to it. the lace the whole look is so beautiful and romantic.

Lizzyc said...

oh this is exquisite! stunning.. really so very pretty with such soft feminine colors and embellishments.. love this one a lot...

Scrap PrincessRN said...

Attention to detail can always be found on your layouts..just amazing as usual.

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

i have no words, this is just BEAUTIFUL !

Unknown said...

so beautiful and a coolest[is this eglish?] wish ever scarpt.
byeee,Lean

valerie aka scottydog said...

oh my goodness!!!!!!!!! that is gorgeous!!!!!
can you come to my house and play??? :O)
and your pretzel recipe! i would probably be like the little girl that said she didn't like peanut butter :O) cause i don't either!!!! :O)
thanx so much for such inspiring pages!!!
blessings

Amy Voorthuis said...

WOWER Love this lo the colours are amazing......love the dustyattic pieces and also the beutiful webster stuff!!!

Arja L said...

So gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

I've followed your work for several years. I love your style. Thanks for the tile tutorial. Love it!

Elizabeth said...

Gabrielle...your layouts are so beautiful they literally take my breath away! It takes me forever to go through your blog not only because I'm on snail's pace dial-up but because I try to soak in every detail of your pages! I wish I was your next-door neighbor! I would be over at your house every day learning how you do it all!! Absolutely stunning work!

Cheryl said...

Love that color palette! Your pages give me such inspiration! I tend to make my pages simple. Then, I look at your pages and add more and more items until they are "over the top" like yours! Hugs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails