Friday, August 26, 2011

Scrap That! Exclusive Pion Design “Birdsong” Kit

As I mentioned a few days ago, I was thrilled to be asked to be Guest Designer this month over at Scrap That! Kit club for their exclusive September Pion Design "Birdsong Kit"!!
If you have just arrived here from The Dusty Attic Ning site you are in the correct place! If not, head back to the Scrap That! blog for the blog hop order and links, the hop begins at noon EST. (this will start you at the beginning and will help you with the secret words you'll need to collect)

First off before I give you all the blog hop deets I thought I'd share a few of the projects I made with the GORGEOUS kit!!  First off I was so excited to get this beautiful kit from a Canadian kit company!  Lori Brown (the owner) has AMAZING taste in product, it was such a pleaure working with all the lovely things in this kit....elegant papers by Pion Designs, LOADS of Prima blooms and embellishments (lovely pearl/rhinstone flourish too!)  And I love that she always includes a creative medium in her kits, this month, there is a 3D pearl paint.  The above layout is one I made of Chloe with our pup Zoe, this is a very recent photo, she has gotten HUGE in the past few weeks (and she's still only about 4 months old!)  ...The butterflies were cut from one of the papers, the frame is actually part of the paper design.  I simply added some of the blooms in the kit, a little lace (also from the kit), a little corset stitching...done! (note: the diamond design is one you've seen a few times before on my layouts, it's a small stamp by Prima) Here are a few close-ups...


I just LOVE that Prima branch in the kit! ....so much so, that I thought I would try an imitate it in the next layout.  I had some loose blooms from an old floral arrangement that I mixed with some wiring and leaves, it's not exactly the same but I was happy with it.....
This was kind of a 'tongue in cheek' joke at getting older...."I'm not 40 Something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping & handling"  :)    I used a Dusty Attic scroll piece (top right corner) and a couple of pieces of the DA chicken wire (love this stuff!)  here are a few close-ups of this page (the finish I gave the chippie is the same as the one I used on the layout below, I shared a tutorial on how I did this at the ScrapThat! blog)....


....And the last page I made using this beautiful kit was one I made about Chloe and her wish for a shabby-chic bedroom.  She has been collection these photos on Pinterest to show me what she likes and this is one of them, her Dream Closet.


I just love those pretty white fabric blooms by Prima (also in the kit), they have such a wonderful vintage look IRL.   The Dusty Attic Music Notes chipboard is included in this kit, as are those pretty pearl/rhinstone flourishes!  For a little tutorial on how to do the shabby-chic finish on the chipboard, you can find it at the Scrapthat blog today!

So those are my projects (and I still have plenty more goodies to work with from this kit...just need some extra time....can anyone spare some? lol!)   Okay, now for the blog hop deets (I've copied and pasted the details, so you may have read this at the other blogs aleady)....

**Remember, that there are FOUR prizes to win, and FOUR ways for you to enter.


1) First of all, you will need to visit all TWELVE blogs :) **This is important** Each blog will have a special word. As you hop be sure and write down the special word from each blog. Once you have all the special words they will make a sentence. You will need to email the SECRET SENTENCE to friends@scrapthat.ca. All correct sentences received will be entered in a draw to win the Dusty Attic Prize Pack. (Please note: Dusty Attic does not have a blog but just follow the link leave a comment on the forum thread in their community.)

2) Everyone who emails us with the correct secret sentence will be sent a short marketing survey. Once you have completed the survey you will be entered to win a Scrap That! Exclusive Pion Design “Birdsong” Kit.

3) If you want to enter to win the Grand Prize of a Pion Design Prize Pack, then head over to our COMMUNITY for details on our monthly challenge. The challenge will run from August 26th to September 14th so you have LOTS of time to post your creations. You can enter as many times as you like. You do not need to be a subscriber to participate. The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

4) Finally, if you post our blinkie on your blog you will be entered to win a Scrap That! Gift Certificate - super easy right? Just post a link to your blog in the comments the Scrap That! Blog so we can come visit :).

We hope you all had good fun hopping with us today, thank you so much for playing along! Watch the Scrap That! newsletter on September 22nd to see if you are one of the lucky winners!

......okay, so one more thing you need to know.......My SECRET word is .... CANADA'S

....Now hop on over to the next stop on this fun little hop and check out the gorgeous designs of Ivana

Happy Hopping!!

51 comments:

Vicky Alberto said...

couldn't have had a better GDT for this kit xoxo

Patricia SPI said...

Wouawww encore de pures merveilles j'adore ! Bravo pour ces belles réalisations et merci encore de le partager avec nous !
Bisous

Shona said...

wow just gorgeous!!!!!! Love all the amazing details on each project. Vicky said it...what a great GDT :)

Scrapthat said...

You're usual Gorgeous LOs Gabi! and I got a good laugh out of your 40 something quote! :)

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

your layouts are gorgeous, fantastic, ... no words !

Rachael Elliott said...

You have showcased this kit to perfection Gabrielle!! I love what you have done, you made me smile with the 39.95+p&p lol.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!

Thank you Gabi for sharing your extraordinary talent with us this month, and for the fabulous tutorial you provided.

Huge HUG!!

Lori

Crafty Loops said...

Gabrielle as always you make the most gorgeous pages. I wouldnt know where to begin!! They are so vintagy shabby chic, I love every page. Truly beautiful. Lee xx

Erum Tasneem said...

These are absolutely stunning!! SO SO SO gorgeous! I love your work!

Pendra said...

Gabi your layouts were gorgeous, as always! I love that you share with us what products you use! Tell Chloe she wonderful taste in her dream closet... I love it, if only! Love your sense of style and sense of humor! From your 50 something and a boat load of S&H follower,
Pendra
Off to Hop!

Anonymous said...

These are stunning, they all have so much to look at, breathtakingly beautiful :)

Unknown said...

Oh I love the layouts! As always amazing work! You are looking to borrow time can I borrow some of your talent! It is wonderful to have a Canadian Kit Club!!!

Pirkkis said...

Adorable cuties ♥

Anna C said...

As always, your layouts are beautiful! Love the 40 something one!

Amanda Aveiro said...

Your layouts always amaze me! So beautiful.

Ann Marie said...

OMG...I just love your work! So beautiful. I just came across your blog via the Bo Bunny Blog and am now your newest follower. TFS.

Tanya said...

These are gorgeous! I am always blown away when I come for a visit!

María Castillo said...

Gorgeous page!

Sarah-R said...

What stunningly gorgeous projects! I Love how you used the liquid pearls on your first layout!

Dana Tatar said...

I'm speechless! Your pages are just stunning! I love your work. Thanks for the inspiration!

Romy said...

I just spent some time browsing through your post filled with the most amazing creations and I was just blewn away by each layout you made. These papers are so gorgeous and they also suit your style just perfectly! I really love the cute butterflies, the pearly finishing to the alphas, the dreamy photos...everything you did with this kit. Just WOW!!

Unknown said...

beautiful pages you have made with the yummie pion design.And Cloe i share you dream..
byebye,Lean

Keren Tamir said...

beautiful as always!! just stunning!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning LOs, wonderful!

phamil said...

WOW Gabi, those pages are stunning!!! And your branch is certainly as pretty as the original!!! You are so creative!!! I love the DA chicken wire too, it's so unique and such a great touch. Love your little stamp too especially with the little pearl dots. I know they were excited to have you work with their kit! You did a beautiful job!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Oh my! My breath caught when I took in the beautiful details in these layouts! I wish I could do that! Love, love those butterflies!

Robin Shakoor said...

I absolutely adore your pages! Your attention to detail never ceases to amaze me. I am honored that you are our guest this month.

dstandard said...

What fabulous pages = the details are just amazing!

Tina said...

Absolutely gorgeous pages as always! It's always a delight to view your wonderful work!! xo

Fran Brunke said...

Beautiful, romantic, exquisite pages. Really enjoyed your chipboard tutorial, too -tks. I think you may have unleashed a dream closet fantasy in everyone who sees this post...

Unknown said...

such elegant pages with amazingly beautiful detail

Scrappinraiderfan said...

Gorgeous layouts as always!!!! Thank you for the inspiration!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, I love chicken wire too! LOL Seems to be the rage .. Love love love what you have done with these pages. I think Pion is perfect for your gorgeous style! Leaves me wanting more ... thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy Gay said...

That's such a pretty woven piece with the lace beneath and butterfly below! Also love the "Closet".

EFI said...

Gabi your LOs are like a poem!!! I loooove each detail and your gorgeous style!!! I agree with Vicky Albertο!!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!!!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

amazing work from an amazing artist!

Rusticdiva said...

Wow Gabi I just love your work, you are first on my Bookmark Blog list and No 1 designer in my opinion. No matter what product you use it is always stunning. Thanks for sharing.

Linapyssel said...

Awwww...I have to hoist my jaw up fron the dasch-board ( hope i spelled that correctly!)
Amazing work..love t your attention to details and the vintage style!!
Thank you very much for sharing with all of us!
hugs Lina

Елена Дашкевич said...

WOW, Gabi, очень красиво, восторг!!! Очень люблю Ваши странички, очень нравятся детали, композиция!!!!!!!!!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Gabrielle, your layouts always amaze me. Loved your tutorial!

Ivana Camdzic said...

O my stars, Gabi!!!!! Just when I think your work can't possibly get any more beautiful, you go and create something even more stunning! So happy to have you joining us this month! Oh and I luuuuved the rockin tutorial! You + DA = total design bliss! :)

sonyaeverding said...

I HAVE to scraplift your 39.95 plus S&H LOVE IT!!!! LOL Thanks for inspiration.

Lorena said...

Congratulations Gabi on the guest designer spot!

I just adore Chloe's dream closet LO and especially the delicate face in that pink rose! Wow - amazing.

Always a fan.

Lorena
www.scrapingcorner.blogspot.com

Anne Bente said...

wawwww beautiful, i love it

hugs

krcmasterpiece said...

One word-GorGEOus!! Girl you have an amazing talent at this. Very inspiring.
When you do the corset -Did you literally use a thread & needle? I love that.
Love the peepaboo look with the paper, the distressing. Love the whole thing!

Nicole Doiron said...

wow! Scrap That couldn't have gotten a more talented guest designer this month! Wonderful projects! :)

Helga Payawal-Vergara said...

Great Tutorial with the dusty chip! I will surely try it out!

Aline Fonseca said...

TRuly special!
Oh, my God!
I love most those butterflies details in the first page!!! Very creative!!!

Charmaine said...

I really love your work. The Pion kit must have been an absolute dream to work with.

BTW: I tried out your trick for making tiles on the BoBunny post - they turned out just great!! Now to try your distressed chipboard...

pojjo said...

gorgeous as always :D

Mireille said...

oh my goodness girlie!!! I sooo love the 39,95 plus joke!! I soooooo ♥ it!! think I will use it the next 10 years..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails