Friday, October 7, 2011

The Color Room #79 & Some Dusty Attic Goodness!

It's another gorgeous palette to inspire you over at The Color Room!  This weeks palette (#79) is a lovely combination of a soft rosey plum, a warm caramel, a dove grey and a hint of muted teal.  Here is the inspiration for the palette....
I always love to challenge myself to see if I can find all the colors I need from my old stash and get the colors as close to the palette as I can (you should see me with my computer screen up and holding all my items against the screen! lol!  It makes me happy to know that I'm using up product that I already have.  I think I managed it!  But I have to admit that I used new product in the Dusty Attic piece's I used (but at least I didn't go out and purchase anything new for this page! yay!)  The basic rules of the Color Room is to use all the colors in the palette (only) and you can also use neutrals with it (like white, black or craft paper). 

This page is to represent one of the few date nights my dear husband and I manage every once in a while.  We tend to do so much as a family but it really is nice to get out just the two of us sometimes.  Here we were at a party for Steve's brother in downtown Toronto (the CN Tower was directly behind us in the photo but my BIL took the photo at the wrong angle).  The food was crazy AWESOME!! .....here are a few close-ups of the page elements.....

 I used lots of Dusty Attic Chipboard on this page.  I had a piece of the Skeleton Clock Face left over from another project I did and I split a piece of French Flourish in half to create the design above.
 For the above piece I added a little piece of the Dusty Attic Chicken Wire (one of my favourite pieces, it's so versatile) and below you can see a corner of the intricate new Sweat Pea Frame design from Dusty Attic.  If you are looking for Dusty Attic products, just look to the right of my blog site, I've listed a bunch of the retailers there for your convenience.
As for the rest of the supplies, I used some BasicGrey Kioshi (the mauvy background frame paper), The script paper and flourish paper are both Recollections (from Michaels), The teal paper is Tim Holtz, The lace, butterfly and ribbon bloom is Prima.  Gems are Recollections.  The chipboard alphas are Bo Bunny from the Et Cetera collection.  If you want some tips on how to do the Verdigris Aged Patina that I added to the flourish and clock you can check out my tutorial by clicking on the words (or find it on the rightside column of my blog.  Come join us in the challenges over at The Color Room, give the above palette a try and remember to post your layout in the gallery there, you might just get featured in next weeks newsletter!


17 comments:

Janette said...

What a gorgeous page you created, and what a gorgeous couple you make.xx

Emma and Susan said...

BEAUTIFUL work as always sweetie....the colours are just gorgeous!!!
Biggest hugs
Emma
xxx

Aline Fonseca said...

Beautiful LO with an awesome frame!
Love it!
XOXO
Aline Fonseca

Romy said...

Oh my, your layout is just the most gorgeous way to show off this gorgeous photo. I adore what you did with these colours. Your layout has such a gorgeous, romantic feel to it. I love the cream backgroud and your use of the DA pieces. The blue accents you added to them are looking so pretty!

morkaren said...

Hvor er det smukt, nok noget af det flotteste jeg længe har set. tak for kikket. v.h. morkaren.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful layout and use of the Dusty Attic chipboard! Love the colors, too.

Crafty Loops said...

This is beautiful, I love the colour and the skeleton clock. In answer to your question on my blog, I dont think the Tattered floral die will go through the revolution. The die is too thick. But dont take my word for it as I dont know that machine well. Did you get my email a while ago asking would you mind if I did a tutorial on the Rose Creations flowers you did. Some of my followers have asked me to do it on my blog....why I dont know as Ive linked the flowers to you tutorial from my blog. I will credit the creation back to you of course. If you would prefer me not to, thats perfectly ok too. Hugs, Lee x

Lizzyc said...

absolutely beautiful... magnificent!

Gladys Arenas Franco said...

wonderful and delicate design, I admire your work is inspiring.

Kelly-ann Oosterbeek said...

I love ALL your work ... you inspire me always to do better with my scrapping ... thank you for sharing all these wonderful pages! xoxo

The Archiving Angel said...

Absolutely stunning as usual!
Love coming by for inspiration.
Your creations are always so incredible.
Crafty best,
Sonia

Aline Fonseca said...

Thanks so much, Gabrielle!
As your brazilian fan I'm so happy with your visit and coment!
XOXO

Aline Fonseca!

Anonymous said...

Your webpage has the most fantastic creations I ever seen in Scrapbooking. I just love your LOs:
Have a nice day//Carina

Lizzyc said...

Hi again.. i don't mean to gush or anything, but i nearly fell off my chair to read your comments on my blog.. you are one of the worlds greatest scrappers in my opinion and so your comment means the world to me!! thank you for taking the time to come by and say hi...i simply LOVE your creations...xx

Astréor said...

J'adore ce que vous faites, c'est absolument sublime. Bravo !!! Bises. Astréor

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Gabi, this is such a lovely LO AND it makes me smile because of the subject.....date night.....We all just have to take time in our busy lives to "smell the roses", don't we? BEAUTIFUL PAINTING and color choices....as always.

Kelly-ann Oosterbeek said...

Thanks so much for the encouraging comment on my Blog ...and you know that if you ever want ANY Kaisercraft papers or products ... just PM me and I'll post them to you in a giffy!! LOL
Kel xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails