Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Autumn Splendor with Maja's "Walking In the Forest" Collection!

A little while back my nephew Jared sent me a bunch of photos of my sweet great-nieces Jade and Kiera, among the photos was this adorable pic of the two of them playing in some fall leaves.  As soon as I saw the gorgeous collection "Walking in the Forest" from Maja Designs, I knew I'd found the exact papers I'd been looking for to scrap this photo! 
I love the deep rich and warm colors in this collection, accented with the pretty cornflower blue.  Have you ever taken a paper collection pack and fanned out the papers and thought, 'ohhh, I just want to scrap them all together'?  That's how I felt about this page.  The papers all look so pretty lined up beside one another.  Well, I obviously couldn't scrap with all of them so I finally had to narrow them down to a few of my favourites (no easy task! ha!).  Because my background paper had the hints of blue in it, I thought it would be cool to rip little sections out of it and have the dark blue denim color paper peeking out from behind it.  I didn't want to cut up a whole sheet of 12x12 paper for this so I simply took the blue paper from the 6x6 paper pack and snipped off some of the edges and tucked them behind the rips.  Here are a few close-up details of the page... 


There is a cute little sheet in the 6x6 paper pad that has these adorable little stamp designs with birds and butterflies on it, cutting these out is a quick and easy way to add an embellishment to your page.

The soft denim color of the blue paper put me in mind of fabric so I couldn't resist doing this zipper peek at the top of the page. I often cut the zippers out of old pairs of jeans for my scrap pages but in this case I used a fun new chipboard piece from Dusty Attic to create the zipper opening.
I wanted to stay in keeping with the autumn/forest look of the page so I embellished with with more of my favourite Dusty Attic goodies, the NEW 'Flower Buds' as well as the 'Grass Clusters #1' and I chose a floral/viney frame by Dusty Attic called 'Filigree Frames'.  I also wanted to use natural accents like bird feathers, twine and burlap to decorate the page with.  The big fabric bloom above is one of the beautiful blooms from Bo Bunny from the Buttercup Dahlia pack. The lock and key is another cute little mini from Dusty Attic. 
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Maja Designs, Walk In the Forest (Autumn in the Air, Flannel Shirt, Fresh Air, Fresh Air backside, Jeans), Plus Walk In the Forest 6x6 paper pad (Die Cut Sheet)
Chipboard: Dusty Attic Designs (Flower Bud, Grass Clusters #1, Filigree Frame, Mini Keys & Locks, Zippers)
Flowers: Bo Bunny, Prima
Nest/eggs: Recollections
 
I hope you enjoyed my little stroll through the Autumn Forest!  For those of you who have been asking about Maja products, here's a little secret!  Starting in February Maja designs will be providing some of their beautiful collection packs as give aways on their design team members blogs!  I will try and keep you up to date as to who is giving away which collection as the posts come out!  And don't forget to mark the Maja Blog as a favourite place to visit, they have daily inspiration there from their design team members and guests! You won't be disappointed! :)

11 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness, this is beautiful, the papers are really gorgeous and I love what you've done with them on this page.

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I'm loving this fabulous page of yours...tfs Gaby...and your nieces are so beautiful!
Hugs and smile,
Asmah

Tone M. said...

Beautiful. So many elements. Really love the zipper-effect ;o)

morkaren said...

Ja, det papir er helt rigtig til det billede. knus morkaren.

Gitte said...

Beautiful layout with awesome papers.

Patty O'Malley said...

Love this layout and the rustic look to it. Those flowers and the DA chipboard are beautiful as well as the photo.

Anonymous said...

They only disappointment with Maja, is that we can't get it here. boo hoo.

But, your l/o is stunning, as always and they bring such a smile to my face and warmth to my heart when i see them.

Thank you for sharing. I love it!

Romy said...

Oh my, what a gortgeous fall lay-out this is. These papers suit your sweet photo so well and I just love your nice flower cluster.

Keren Tamir said...

So beautiful Gabi. Love the LO as with all of them

Theresa said...

Gorgeous layout. Sure makes the papers look good. thanks as always for sharing.

Denise van Deventer said...

A gorgeous layout Gabrielle! Love everything about it! Your layouts are always stunning! Love your styling! ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails