Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I'm a Cover Girl on Australian Scrapbook Ideas Magazine!!

A few months back Sue Smyth, one of the lovely editors over at Australian Scrapbook Idea's Magazine asked me if I would do a series of layouts for a feature article they have in their magazine called 'Master Class'.  If you are not familiar with this magazine you've got to check it out!! What I really love about it is that they not only show some really beautiful work in their magazine, they do clear step by steps for each and every page they show in the magazine!  Along with a very detailed list on every item on the page, they have the people that contribute to the magazine give a concise step by step on each page!  So if you are a beginner or a seasoned scrapper you will find the magazine packed with inspiration and helpful tips!

Above is one of the pages I had sent in for this article.  I used some of my favorite Websters Pages papers from the 'In Love' collection as well as their stamps, blooms (Princess Petals), Alphabet stickers and Gem strips.  And of course, given that it's an Aussie Magazine, I had to liberally use my Dusty Attic chippies as well! (Skelleton Clock Frames, flourish).  Just a quick note:  I get many questions on where to find Dusty Attic products.  You can find a list of retailers that sell Dusty Attic online at the right column of my blog, and you can also find more retailers at the Dusty Attic Ning site.  Here are a few close-up pic's of the page....
 
A little over a week ago I got another big surprise from them!  I was told that I got the cover of the magazine with this layout!  While I admit I have been pubbed a number of times it isn't that often that I get the cover!  The photo I scrapped is of my sweet nephew and his new bride (a beautiful photo taken by a good family friend and excellent professional photographer Gord Wenzel, Impressions Photographic Studio).  Here is a picture of the January issue...
 
The issue hits the news stands on Friday January 11th! If you would like to subscribe you can find the information here at this link Practical Publishing And for any of you fortunate girls that will be attending CHA this coming weekend in Anahiem, California, Australian Scrapbook Ideas will be there with their own booth and will be giving out copies of this issue to the attendies!  They will also be showing many of the layouts shown in their magazine in their booth including 3 of the layouts I sent them!  I Sooooo wish I was going!  Be sure to pop in to see them and send my love to them if you do! :)
 
I apologize in advance that I've had to put on my word verification for the comments on this blog, I've had a huge amount of spam comments on my blog lately and so, as much as I hate to put you all through the comment verification process I feel I need to do this for a time until the spammers disappear.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and taking the time to leave your kind comments!  They mean a lot to me! xo


32 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous LO...congrats!! Lee-Ann :)

Gitte said...

What a beautiful layout. Congratulation.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! What a huge honor!! Your layout is amazing and I love it. Whimsical and beautiful.
(I too wish I was going...haha)

Here is to many more awesome layouts that make the cover!!

Happy Crafting,
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Well of course you made the cover...that's a gorgeous piece of art. Lovely lovely details. Bet the bride framed it!
Laura

Linda Pekrul said...

What a beautiful, beautiful layout! Congratulations!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Yay, You! This might be the single most beautiful wedding layout I've ever seen. I am blown away....I love how you used the weathered clock die to frame the photo...pure genius!

Keren Tamir said...

A stunning LO. Well deserved Gabi!! Hope you're well!!! Long time no speak!!

Carin said...

It was just a matter of time. How awesome for you!! They chose a great layout for it too. Really represents your style very well.

Well done, Gabi, you deserve it.
*hug*

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! I'm not surprised - you are very talented & do beautiful work! TFS :-)

Romy said...

Gosh, this is such an incredibly gorgeous lay-out! Beautifully romantic and delicate! Big congrats on the pub!

Sue said...

Always such stunning layouts. Congratulations.

HappyScrappin said...

Congrats on the Cover this magazine!! Well deserved!! This page is gorgeous!! Love everything you created here. Hugs Mary (Abbygirl on SB.com) Blessings in the New Year and always!

Carin McDonough said...

Woohooo! Congratulations Gabi, it is a beautiful layout, you were made to be a cover girl :)

Unknown said...

Awesome! Congrats, you deserve it. I love all your layouts and they inspire me.

Sandra said...

Gabrielle I am so excited for you and this magazine is the best, I get every issue and hang out until the next one comes out. This layout is so beautiful and I love the Dusty Attic chippies and the detail you've given them. Love it to pieces.

Patty O'Malley said...

Another fabulous layout, Gabi! So pretty! Congrats on the cover. I love that magazine. Our local bookstore carries it; however, they are a few months old by the time they reach the store. Hopefully, I will be able to pick up this copy in a couple of months.

Les créations de ange27 said...

Congratulations! Your layout is s beautiful!

Cindy Gay said...

I love the layout, especially the pink diamond pattern! Perfect!

glorygirl said...

WOWZA! Is that ever gorgeous?!?!? LOOOOVE all the little details and all the love you've put into this page!

Theresa said...

Congrats on a great layout and getting published. thanks as always for sharing.

Julene Matthews said...

Congratulations. It is a layout to be proud of.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Congratulations Gabrielle. Not surprised this layout made the cover, it is absolutely stunning. So romantic. I love the dusty attic flourishes and adore the coach. Beautiful. ox Marg

Unknown said...

SOOOO Lovely to have you on the cover of an Australian Mag...BEAUTIFUL as always xx

Dorthe said...

I dont wonder why they choose your layout to the cover - it is Gorgeous!! You always manage to get soooo many amazing details into your works. And the title is the title of one of my favorite songs with Michael Bolton :) - Your blog had disappeared from my blog list and i sure didnt remove it - but now your back there :) hihi.

Lizzyc said...

HI.. OH WAY TO GO!!! I love this mag, and I definitely will be getting this issue.. well done on being on the cover, this layout is stunning, oozes romance, love the photo in the clock chippie and I really love how you have fussy cut the carriage and put outlines on it... and I wonder why people do spam it is so tiresome.. I hope your week is going great!!

Kelly-ann Oosterbeek said...

I'm also a designer for this magazine and can I just say what an honour it was to be published along side your stunning work!
I have followed your blog for years and you would have to be my greatest influence and inspiration.
I can't thank you enough for how freely you share all your ideas and techniques.... and I'm so thrilled that Sue invited you to be part of our team this month.
Smiles from Kel. xoxo

Scrappiness said...

Ohw this layout is so gorgeous and romantic! I also wish I could lay my hands on that magazine to read your tips...

Jennie Atkinson said...

This is such a stunning layout Gabrielle and congratulations on being on the cover! I wish I could get a copy of the magazine!

The carriage is amazing !!!!!

Adriana B said...

Congrats Gabrielle, your work is so amazing and so deserves to be on the cover. Love all the details and the chippies are amazing too :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the cover and I love all the amazing projects you have featured in the Masterclass article. Great stuff Gabrielle!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Congratulations! Your layout is absolutely stunning!!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Congrats...this is really an awesome layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails