Saturday, May 11, 2013

Country Life {With Dusty Attic}

 As soon as I saw this cute 'Rustic Farm Fence' chippie from Dusty Attic I knew I had found the perfect centerpiece design to build around this photo of my oldest daughter Chloe and her best friend Peyton with her horse.  There are so many fun country/rustic chipboard designs, from wood birdhouses, wagon wheels, tall grasses, birds nests, and I added a big Leafy Scroll in the top left corner. 
I began by giving all of my chipboard a good coat of Gesso.  I like to do this so that all the paint colors or inks I hit them with will show up nicely.  For the above Leafy Scroll I used some watered down Dusty Attic Paints in Pesto and Mountain Meadow on the leafy area. 
I just love the little Dusty Attic Birdhouses!  Here I just painted it white and rubbed some brown chalk ink (Colorbox, chestnut) on the edges.  I have a Tombow brown ink pen that I used to stroke on some lines to give the birdhouse an aged cracked look. 
For the fence I painted it with Dusty Attic 'Bisque' paint and then dry brushed some DA Hot Chocolate, Storm Cloud and Pesto, to give a weathered wood look to the fence.  Storm Cloud was used for the barb wire, and Hot Chocolate on the cross sections to give a rusted look.  I then added some Bronze Distress Stickles on the barb wire to get a textured rust look.  Below is my supplies list
 
Supplies: 
Dusty in Color:  Bisque, Hot Chocolate, Mountain Meadow, Pesto, Navajo White, Storm Cloud.

Dusty Attic Supplies:
~ Rustic Farm Fence
~ Leafy Scroll
~ Bird Houses
~ Wagon Wheels
~ Grass Cluster #1
~ Bird Nests #1
~ Dusty In Bloom (Leaves)
Other: Patterned Paper- Prima (Sun Kissed), Burlap, Websters Pages Alpha stickers.
 
Hope you enjoyed my project and that you'll give some of the beautiful rustic/country chippies a try! xo 

16 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

This is so beautiful and it truly has created an outdoor scene. I love how you always make the chipboard look like real wood or metal pieces. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Gitte said...

Its a beautiful layout.

Romy said...

You managed to give your lay-out the perfect country look. I really love how it turned out!

Hilde said...

This is sooooo pretty!! I love the inspiration I can find here!

Lise said...

It´s a beautiful layout.

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

A gorgeous layout and very country-like,the picture fits really perfect,greetings Miranda

Keren Tamir said...

So so beautiful Gabi!! Love how you used the DA chipboard!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Love the country look you gave to this layout Gabrielle. Perfect to match the gorgeous photo. That little birdhouse is so cute and I love how you gave it the aged look. Fabulous!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful use of the DA! The perfect scene ...

Unknown said...

So beautiful Gabrielle,the detailing on this is stunning ,such a wonderful photo too.Jacqueline.S

Becky said...

wow..Your pages are works of art..

morkaren said...

Hvor er det flot, du har virkelig fået en contry stemning frem. knus morkaren.

Tone-Lill said...

This is much more than. Regular LO, this is ART with a very high WOW factor! Love how you create a scene around the chippies :)

Lizzyc said...

WOW WOW WOW!! as a country girl I LURVE this layout so much.. the fence is perfect, the corner flourish is stunning, I love the daisy's, that photo is amazing.. definitely my new fav.. Lucky girl to have such a gorgeous layout in her album!!

Renee V said...

This is so amazing.. My mother doesn't have anything to do with art or scrapbooking - but I will just HAVE to show her this and she will just be blown away, I know it!!!! Awesome work as always!

AtStudioD said...

Superb layout. And great use of all the products.

x0, D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails