Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dusty Attic's May ATC Challenge {Art Deco}

Hi Everyone, I have a quick little post here to share my ATC for the May "Art Deco" challenge!  Dusty Attic has so many cool designs that can be worked to create an Art Deco style ATC and it's so much fun seeing all the creations the design team girls have come up with for this one!  I just went with some simple blue/gray cardstock for my background and took one of the Dusty Attic ATC Window Set designs and painted it with the DA 'Soot' paint.  I made the Art Deco style top design for the frame by cutting out and layering some V shapes from some left over chipboard (the panes from windows) and layering them.  I went with a vase design because I've always loved the Art Deco style vases I see on Pinterest and I wanted to micmic the look.  I think I may have ended up with more of an Art Nouveau look though lol!   I used one of the 'Potion Bottle' chippies and painted it with the DA Faded Denim and then using my finger I just streaked on some Scribble 3D metalic paints in bronze, blue and green.  I wanted that stylized floral design I often see on these style vases and I found that in a little section of the 'Floral Corners' chippie (I circled the section I used in red below in my supplies photo). 
I used bronze 3D (Scribbles Paint, found in the T-shirt section of your local craft store) for the handles and the stylized floral design (I added a couple extra swirls with the 3D paint).  I wanted to give the vase and the frame a very glossy look because so much of the Art Deco style has a lot of laquered designs, so I used Dusty Attic Gloss Medium on it. 
Here I've posted pic's of the Dusty Attic products I've used for this project. 
 
 Dusty Attic Supplies:
~ ATC Frame Set
~Floral Corners
~Potion Bottles Small
~Gloss Medium
~Soot Paint
~Faded Denim Paint
 
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's entry to this challenge! xo

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing, I feel like it is something from ancient Egypt, a vase from the Kings palace!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Awesome ATC!

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Gabrielle!!!

Perfeito o seu ATC!!!

Parabéns!!!

Beijos

Unknown said...

So beautiful.Jacqueline.S

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails