Friday, June 7, 2013

June ATC Theme "Collage" {Dusty Attic Challenge}

ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) are such a fun thing to work on when you are in the mood for a little creativity without having to get into a huge scrappy project!  This months theme for the Dusty Attic ATC challenge is 'Collage'.  For me the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of the word collage is a combination of designs.  So I decided to take bits of scraps of paper I had left from some of my design team work with Maja Design papers and cut little squares of paper creating a patchwork quilt design.  I then wanted to create tiny 'treasures' from the Dusty Attic 'Mini Chipboard Heart Buttons'.  I began by first painting each of the hearts with a couple coats of the Dusty In Color paints (Navajo White).  Then I gave each of the buttons a slightly different treatment.
For the above button I edged the heart with some Chestnut brown chalk ink and applied some of the Dusty Attic Clear Crackle Varnish.  Then I fussy cut a butterfly from my patterned paper and applied it to the button.

For the next button (above) I used the rounded tip of an embossing tool dipped in a soft lavender nail polish (yep! I said nail polish, it was just the right color! lol) and made little polka dots on the white painted surface.  I then edges the heart button with some brown chalk ink and again applied some of the Dusty Attic Clear Crackle Varnish.  I finished it by tying on a small piece of twine in the button holes. 
For the third button I fussy cut a tiny rose design from my patterned paper and glued it onto the button.  Again, I edged the heart with some brown chalk ink and applied the Dusty Attic Crackle Varnish.  Here is a list of the products I used.
 
Supplies:
Dusty Attic: Mini Heart Buttons, Dusty In Color (Navajo White Paint, Clear Crackle Varnish), Dusty in Bloom (Mini Roses).
Other: Colorbox Chestnut Chalk Ink, Tim Holtz word stickers, Patterned paper: Maja Design (Vintage Spring Basics)
 
If you would like to play along in this months ATC challenge and have a chance at a great Dusty Attic design prize you can find the challenge info HERE!  Hope to see you at the challenge!

20 comments:

Jennie Atkinson said...

Oooh just fabulous!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

This is beautiful!

Romy said...

Oh, this turned out so beautiful! I really love the crackle accents and the pretty hearts.

maryz said...

Wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty design,love the stitched detailing and those buttons are lovely.Jacqueline.S

Heather Jacob said...

love love love this is so divine, romantic and soft xoxo

Patty O'Malley said...

Love your ATC, Gabi! I just tackled my first ATC today and let me tell you, it wasn't easy. What a mess but I think I managed to save it. lol I never tried decoupage, crackle finishes, etc. I can see why one should do test samples first!

The Jule Box Studios said...

Oh wow Gabrielle, this is super adorable! I always enjoy your work! Thank you for sharing!! :) Jules

Keren Tamir said...

Beautiful ATC Gabi!! Hugs my friend!!!

SusanLotus said...

Lovely ATC with many great details!
<3

Anonymous said...

I NEED some of that crackle varnish--love that effect!

Fabiana Strehlow said...

Maravilhoso!!
Amei!

diane said...

Absolutely wonderful!
Thanks for the inspiration :-D

Tone-Lill said...

I have never tried out ATC, but looking at your lovely and beautiful made creation it sure inspires to give it a try.
Love it :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is so sweet and nostalgic...I love the color palette...and your post with the lilacs made me think of home....your work touches my emotions each time I visit...thank you for creating such beauty!

Anonymous said...

Gabi, This is sooo gorgeous!
[ I had to look back to see when you created this!
'Cause on Friday night I was trying to create something to enter in the "Maja Designs June Mood Board Challenge"-
and I also did scraps of Maja (and stitched them together into
a heart shape:)]
Well, anyway This is so soft and beautiful; I always love your
inspiration! TFS

Mona Pendleton said...

STUNNING!

Carole Wright said...

HI this is sooo cute,love it.

Kottens corner said...

Oh my gosh Gabi. This is so supercute! You are so creative.

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails