Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Scrapping Our Spring Lilac's {With Maja Design}

May is the month of my dear husbands and my anniversary!  And one of my favourite things about this month is that the Lilacs are in full bloom on our anniversary weekend.  I just love to fill my house with Lilacs when they bloom because they remind me of our reception hall at our wedding.  We have this creek that runs behind my mom and dads house, and early in the morning on my wedding day, my dad went down to the creek and picked bucket load after bucket load of wild purple lilacs to decorate the tables at the reception.  We had over 350 guests so you can imagine how beautiful the reception hall smelled when we walked in after ceremony. 
 
Every year Steve and my girls pick me armloads of lilacs from our trees (we planted some beautiful French Lilac's when we moved into our house) on the weekend of our anniversary.  I took these pic's of my oldest daughter Chloe with her bouquet that she picked for me.

I used a combination of pretty purple patterned papers from the Maja Vintage Spring Basic's Collection (10th of April-bs, 11th of April) mixed with Maja's Ska vi ta en Fika? (Våffla m björnbärssylt-bs) to compliment the purples in my photo.  The blooms I used are Recollections, Prima and the berry stalks are just loose pieces from my local dollar store. The twine bloom you see on this page is a bloom I made myself using a tutorial I saw on Pinterest Twine Blooms.

The chipboard is a Dusty Attic piece called 'Cherry Blossoms' that I just gave a coat of white paint and inked with some coordination color inks.  I also added a bit of stamping with a Prima diamond stamp from the Moulin Rouge collection, the quote stamp is a Tim Holtz stamp.

I love to cluster 'natural' style elements around the title.  Here I used a Prima nest and blooms and added some lace and feathers mixed with an extra snippit of chipboard.  The clock is a trinket I found in the clearance aisle at Michaels.  The title is a Heidi Swapp sticker.
 
Sadly, the lilac's are pretty much finished in the last few days....so I guess I just have to look forward to next year now (or enjoy the pic's I took!)  :) 

Oh! before I forget! I wanted to share with you all the June Mood Board from Maja Designs.  This is another inspirational board designed to help you create a beautiful and unique scrap project.  It's full of lovely photos, great color inspiration, quotes and descriptive words to help you on your way.  Each month Maja hosts this challenge and ask that you share with them your Maja Design projects you create using this board.....a great Maja Design package of your choice is always up for grabs for the winner of the challenge....

 
For more details on how to play along in the challenge as well as some examples from our amazing design team you can check out this link Maja Design June Mood Board Challenge.
 
Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my latest Maja Design project! xo

20 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

I keep repeating myself, but this is beautiful! I love that diamond stamp and twine flower; but of course, I love it all! Happy belated anniversary!

Lizzyc said...

Oh this layout is sooo beautiful.. You do purples soo very well.. the photos are divine, and the layout is exquisitely gorgeous.. definitely into my favs!!

Aya said...

Congratulations with your Wedding Aniversary.
This is annother beautiful lay-out, and your daugther looks gorgeous.
Best wishes Aya

Elin said...

OH how gorgeous this is! I just want to say a big thank you for all the lovely inspiration you bring to my scrapping-room :) Im not to good with these LOs, but watching yours makes me wanna try over and over! Tomorrow im posting one inspired by you, and wil link back to your blog as I used your idea for the birds nest.
Ill be following and learning ;)

Erica said...

Wow this is just stunning!! Love the purples, the flowers and the chippies!!

DebraK said...

I love to just sit and stare at all your detail--stunning! I love the smell of lilacs, and a recent trip to MN let me do that--first time in about 20 years I smelled them... ah, wish they would grow down south...

Anonymous said...

Lilacs are by far my favorite flower so I ADORE this layout! I swear I can just smell it from here. Beautiful work as always--thanks for brightening my day!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Romy said...

Purple is one of my favourite colours for scrapping and you have done amazing work with it! Totally love your girly lay/out!

Ульяна и Полина said...

Волшебно!!!

Anonymous said...

Gabi, this is truly gorgeous!
(Chloe is grown so much! she's a lady:)
Lilacs are my favorite flower,
so of course I love all you've done here!!
It is so inspiring!!!! Thanks for all you share,& happy belated anniversary~
Karen

Tone M. said...

Beautiful.....I can really smell those flowers.....and I love that smell

Anonymous said...

Gabi, this is so so very lovely~
(and Chloe is grown up! she's a lady:)
Lilacs are my favorite flower - so I am truly in love with this l/o!
Every detail is sweet and inspiring~
Thanks for always including details
about 'how' you did this or that!
It is so helpful~
Happy belated Anniversary.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Gabi, this is so so very lovely~
(and Chloe is grown up! she's a lady:)
Lilacs are my favorite flower -
so naturally I am in love with this l/o!
Every detail is sweet and beautiful; you are such an artist!
Thanks for sharing this creation - and for all your tips and details
about how you did this or that...
It is so helpful
Happy belated Anniversary~
Karen

Tuikku said...

Yours work is so beautiful, I love them all :)

Di Garling said...

Simply delicious, as always. Beautiful. Cheers Di xo

Lynn Biermann said...

Beautiful work Gabi! I love the pretty shades & amazing pics! Such a great anniversary memory! Thanks for sharing :)

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle

I can not stop to look at your LO, its so beautiful and very romantic in this lovely color. There is always so much to see on your creative work.

Hugs, Danoesja

Tone-Lill said...

A fantastic beautiful and gorgeous LO. Love the photo and colours and those little tint flowers too :)

Unknown said...

So beautiful and such beautiful story too,what a wonderful memory.Happy Anniversary.Jacqueline.S

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails