Thursday, June 27, 2013

Using 2 or More of the Same Photo {With Bo Bunny}

Today at Bo Bunny, some of the designers were challenged to use 2 or more of the same photos in creating a layout.  I chose to go with 3 photos and repeated this photo of my oldest daugher Chloe, printing them off in color, black & white and sepia.
 
I mixed up a few collections to get the soft romantic look I was going for here...I used paper from the new Anthem collection combined with some paper from Prairie Chic.  I used chipboard, rub-ons and brads from C'est La Vie (I just LOVE the layered chipboard from this collection!).

I also played with some mixed media stuff for this one...paints from Dusty Attic, some texture paste (home-made, recipe is in the right column of my blog) and lots of Bo Bunny Stamps.  I love the effect painting stamping and layering on texture paste gives to a page!  The blooms are of course Bo Bunny's beautiful Daisies from the 'Blush' collection. 
I added a lasercut chipboard accent from Dusty Attic (the Window with Shutters...minus the shutters :) 

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Anthem (Celebration), Prairie Chic (Wanderlust, Rambling Rose)
Blooms: Blush Daisy, Blush Bouquet
Chipboard: Layered Chipboard (C'est La Vie), 12x12 Chipboard (C'est La Vie)
Brads: C'est La Vie
Stamps: Prairie Chic, "It Is Written" Background Stamps
Rub-ons: C'est La Vie
Paper Doily: 4 Inch (Small)
Other: Lace (off the roll), Heidi Swapp Title Sticker 
 
For more ideas on how to use the same photo more than once on a page, you can check out the Bo Bunny Blog today!  Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

20 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is so beautiful.. I love the use of the same photo but different edits of it.. and love those pink daisy's... the spots add such pop too!! love this!!

Romy said...

Wow, it's such an amazing and unique lay-out. I love it! Your mixing of collections is simply fabulous.

Patty O'Malley said...

I feel I keep saying the same thing, but I love your work! This is beautiful! Makes me want to reach in to feel the texture. lol

Anonymous said...

WOW Gabbi, This is stunning :)

craftycorina said...

I made my own texture paste using your recipe and it turned out great. I used heat to help it dry quicker and it still buckled the paper a bit. I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this? And also when you paint on the paper cause I love how that looks. Thanks.

I adore all of your layouts and stalk your blog daily :)

Ульяна и Полина said...

Очень красиво!!!

Anonymous said...

Just love this soft and pretty l/o!
Love the BB chip pcs! So convenient, aye?!)
& I'm just noticing some of the details I missed on SB.com;
like the cheese cloth, white net, twine bow & 'fringy stuff' you
sometimes use! Sooo beautiful
and ALWAYS inspiring Gabrielle~

Lynn said...

Love how you used the same photo but in different tones. Your elements are beautiful and your design amazing!!! Hope your having a wonderful day!

Keren Tamir said...

Gorgeous lo Gabi!! And thanks for the beautiful message the other day!!

Elena Olinevich said...

I love how you incorporated all those stamps on the background. great techniques as always

Блоха Ольга said...

Oh, what a beauty! Your daughter is growing and becoming scrap sheet each time just for adult lady))) very gently! Bravo!

Sandra said...

Gaby the layout is stunning, I love the use of three photos and all the dots on the page, love the window as well.

Fabiana Strehlow said...

Simplesmente maravilhoso!
Amei!

Abraços!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous photo and very striking done in the different tones. Again, I love the detail in your background and all the embellies you've used. Such a beautiful page. ox

Unknown said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Another beautiful page! Love the multiple photos in different colors and of course, all the gorgeous layers!

Pearl Maple said...

that is such a pretty page

Zamaline said...

fantastic, i like!

Carin said...

Love how you mixed those collections. A great page, every time.

Tracey Cooley said...

this is just gorgeous

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails