Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Scrapping Sweet Babies {Maja Design}


I'm so happy to share with you today a layout I made for my beautiful friend and our design team leader Jenny Grotherus. She had a beautiful baby boy this past year and was kind enough to share some sweet sweet photos of her baby with me. He is so adorable, it was hard to pick just one photo to scrap....so you just might see some more baby pages coming from me.

Vintage-Springr-Basics-P1

I primarily used the Vintage Spring Basics Collection for this page, layering a variety of the pretty stripe, polka dot and floral patterns behind the photo.


Maja Design has so many lovely shades of blue to choose from, so for this layout I wanted to use the cooler shades of blue with hints of brown/taupe and butter yellow. I used the 'Princess Margareta's Garden-bs' paper as the matting for the main background paper which is a paper from the Vintage Spring Basics collection called '1st of April' (I just thought the sweet little blue & yellow birdie in the corner was a perfect accent for a baby page!). I also fussy cut some of the little dogwood blossom branches from the paper called '6th of April' and used them to dangle from the 'V' tears in the background paper.


I used a mini version of 'Decorative Frame #1' from Dusty Attic to create a corner accent on this page. As most of you know by now, one of my favorite Maja papers is the clock paper from the Vintage Autumn Basics collection (XVI) ...here I cut out one of the clocks and placed it inside the little frame, then coated it with a crackle varnish (Dusty Attic Crackle Varnish) to give it a nice aged look. I also did a bit of stamping (with Bo Bunny 'It is Written Stamp') and inking with Ingvild Bolme's chalk inks (Worn Jeans, Dusty Tote) and went over the designs with some stencils (Crafters Workshop 'Art Is' and 'Mini Well Rounded') and home-made texture paste.

 
I always love to add fabric accents to a baby page, for this one I matted the sweet photo with a scrap of burlap and a snippit of lace from Tresor's de Luxe. I added a strand of pearls to the top of the lace strip.


The main circle frame I used for the photo is from Dusty Attic called 'Decorative Frame #2', which I painted white, chalked with brown ink, stamped with a script stamp and then finished with a crackle medium. I wanted to keep my blooms light and airy so I used some blooms from Prima (Charlotte), Recollections and Dusty Attic (small roses) in light soft shades. The little butterflies are from Petalloo (Darjeeling).

I miss having babies around and so am so happy to have photo's of my friend's babies to scrap. I hope she will enjoy this page as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Maja Design Products: Vintage Spring Basics (1st of April, 6th of April, 5th of April, 4th of April, 4th of April-bs, 7th of April), Sofiero (Princess Margareta's Garden-bs).

21 comments:

Becky said...

wow..this page is stunning. Awesome photo too.

La Cajita de Diana said...

So cute.Congrats is a awesome design.
Thxs for share this special and wonderfull desings with us.
God Bless U. I send u a big hug from Colombia.

Gitte said...

Wow this is so beautiful.

Liz's creative corner said...

OMG this is sooooo beautiful, she will love it, I would!!!!!, loving those frames, so must get me some of them!! lol, beautiful layout and design,
thanks so much for your lovely comment on my scrapbook page and for following me too, I truly appreciate it, so love your work,
hugs Liz xx

langeatheart said...

Oh Gabi this is stunning!

Eva Olmo said...

Oh Gabrielle nicer layout! I love all the embellishments you used. Each you do more like it! I learn a lot with your tutorial videos, I think you are very generous for sharing and take the opportunity to thank you.
A hug.

craftyb said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Paula Calvanico said...

Jumping juhillsafat woman! So so perfect, every last little detail! This came stupendous! Is there anything you can't do? I don't think so, keep it coming :)

Paula <3

Romy said...

Wow, this is the most gorgeous baby lay-out ever! It's so adorable, soft and utterly gorgeous! I love it to pieces!

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a gorgeous little baby that compliments your beautifully designed page perfectly.
Julie x

Tone-Lill said...

Another fantastic LO with a Big wow factor. I love your floral designs on your pages...this one here is such a cute and adorable one, love it :)

ania said...

Fantastyczna praca, cudowne, klimatyczne papiery!!

Anonymous said...

Soo many sweet touches on this gorgeous l/o!
I love the crackle effect on the clock!
I see lots of textures and soft details here~ Such Beautiful work~

britgirl58 said...

Your layout is just darling with lots of detail. The colors are perfect.
I am always drawn to projects made from maja Designs, but cannot seem to find any for sale here in the US. Maybe one day!!
The blue tit is particularly attractive to me - I love birds, but the blue tit is such a feisty, acrobatic little fellow - reminding me of home (England).
Thank you - Julie

Patty O'Malley said...

Simply breathtaking! How lucky your friend is to have such a beautiful keepsake! I think Maja papers are gorgeous and hope to get my hands on them some day.

Denise said...

Wow! This is simply stunning! A beautiful layout for a beautiful picture!

Sandra said...

Gaby this is stunning, the softness of the papers and embellishments are perfect for the photo. Beautiful work as always.

Dodie said...

As always, this layout is stunning. My takeaway from this is the way you stamped on the frames. I will definitely incorporate that in some way in my next project.

Thank you for sharing with us!

Lizzyc said...

OO OO OO!!! Melt my heart!!! So adorable, so cute, so sweet.. totally love this layout.. and I am sure your friend will adore it too.. beautiful...

lynda said...

Wow! This is definitely a work of art! What a family heirloom it will become!

cathylynn said...

Wow this is beautiful! Love every square inch of fine detail. All very lovely!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails