Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Scrapping Greens & Neutrals {Maja Design & Dusty Attic}


Hi all!  I recently got a whole bunch of photos of my adorable little great-nieces from their sweet mom Danielle.  Lots of pretty autumn photos, so I decided to scrap them using a variety of Maja design collection papers and some NEW Dusty Attic chipboard designs.  Green has always been one of my favorite colors to scrap, but lately I've been scrapping a lot of pinks and purples.  I thought it was high time to play with some of my old favorite green toned papers mixed with some soothing neutrals.

  Just Saying_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_closeup_04

I love the warm green in the Ska vi ta en Fika collection, so I used one as my backdrop for my layout design.  I then chose one of the neutral papers from the same collection for my next layer.  I wanted to play a bit with the side edges so I chose to use a chipboard Zipper design From Dusty Attic, moistened the sides of the papers and pulled back the paper in the center, creating small pleats.  I then attached the zipper chipboard pieces (painted with some Bronze 3D paint (Scribbles) and glued it behind the edges of the paper.  The title and the number chippies are from Dusty Attic as well.

Just Saying_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_closeup_01

There are some tag images in the Walking in the forest collection, so I cut these out to used along the top of the photo as a page accent and a place to put a little journaling.  I also cut another tag out of a Coffee In the Arbour paper and stamped one of my Signature Word stamps 'fabulous' that I recently released. These are all words I like to use on my scrapbook pages, done in my own handwriting.  (My word stamps can be found at The Scrapbook Diaries, along with all my other stamp designs).  The title is from a new collection of hash tag words from Dusty Attic :)

  Just Saying_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_closeup_02 
I wanted to keep the page accents naturalistic so I chose a new Dusty Attic chipboard piece called Wildflowers #3 to add alongside my photo of my two little great nieces.

Just Saying_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_closeup_03

And finally in the corner of the photo I accented with a few blooms from a tin of flowers from Recollections.  I did a bit of background stamping as well with some green Moss Lawn color from Ingvild Bolme.

Maja Design Products used in this project:
Ska vi ta en Fika? (Smulpaj m Applen, Havrerujor, Pratstund), Walking in the Forest (Klippark, Flannel Shirt), Vintage Autumn Basics (XVI), Vintage Frost Basics (Days of December), Coffee in the Arbour (Feel the Grass Between Your Toes). Thanks so much for stopping by the Maja blog today!  Hope you get a chance to play today! xo 

You can find Maja Design papers at The Scrapbook Diaries, Janene has a large selection of Maja Design papers in a variety of collections, including the newest Maja paper line called "A Gift for You'.  She also has a nice variety of Dusty Attic Chipboard....you can find Dusty Attic Chipboard in Canada at The Scrapping Bug as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I can't thank you all enough for the kind feedback I've been receiving, you all make my day! xo xo

35 comments:

Eva Olmo said...

Ohhhh this layout is gorgeous!!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Wow this is a stunning Lo. Green for me is an hard colour to using but you have a gorgeous work.
Francy

Unknown said...

Wow.super page!

Selma said...

Gabrielle everything you create is a masterpiece. Another gorgeous piece of art!

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Gabrielle! The greens and neutrals are beautiful, as are your great-nieces! I love how you chose each element to highlight the page! You are truly an artist! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

Petras Bastelschätze said...

Hi Gabrielle,
you've made ​​such a wonderful job again, all totally consistent. I love all the little details, and the page borders are quite wonderful. Really great!!!
Greetings Petra

Bunny Dobbie said...

So,so pretty! Love your work and this one is stunning. I'm beginning to be brave enough to try some of your techniques. Keep encouraging us please! Thanks so much for the continued inspiration.

Janie said...

Fabulous arrangement. You show case the elements to the best.

Belinda Basson said...

That zipper looked so real, I had to read your explanation to see that it wasn't'! Great page. Thanks for the inspiration.

langeatheart said...

Gorgeous! Love the green and those chippies from Dusty! Love their wildflowers! One day! :) All the best! :)

Unknown said...

superbe page! bises

Unknown said...

superbe page! bises

Laura Love said...

Wow! This is amazing! So many layers and details! I love it!

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Gabrielle, your page is totally awesome. Love those peaceful shades of green, perfect to accompany the pretty picture. beautiful and perfectly well chose elements. Love it all! Have a nice day. xox

Paula Calvanico said...

Oh Gabi, this is amazing :) I love the zippers just fabulous. I love visiting your blog <3

Paula xoxo

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful, Gabi! Love the soothing tones of this layout. The zipper looks amazing!

bernii miller said...

Such a beautiful layout!!

The Lady Kay said...

Gabrielle, I just love your artistic style. This scrapbook page is great in green, and I love, love the zipper effect you used.

Be Well,
The Lady Kay

www.theliberalladykay.com

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow another amazingly beautiful layout! Love the colors, love all the elements and the chipboard pieces you have used are stunning! So beautiful!

Cindy Gay said...

This is gorgeous. Love the zipper!

Beverley said...

What a joy to come by your blog today and find this masterpiece Gabi!! Just love the pulled back side effect, along with its chipboard and lace - and what a simply delightful photo!

Martie Rollin said...

I've never seen this zipper technique before...very interesting and very unusual! Love seeing greens used as a base color. Lovely page!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is absolutely Gorgeous, I think this may be my all time favorite so far, every detail is just perfect, awesome layout!

Janene said...

Oh Gabi... It's beautiful!!! Love all the details!! As Always

Liddy said...

Wow! I love visiting your blog! Your work is so stunning and inspiring, it's just gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Magnificent! Gotta try this lay out! Thanks for your inspiration!

Patricia said...

Loving all the details on your page...and still your photo stands out! The two girls are just adorable and I just love the fur Hoodie!!! Seeing as green is one of my favourite colours as well, this page is extra special...The zipper chipboard and the way you used them is SUPER!!!!

Lynette Lemon said...

What an absolutely stunning layout. I am also a green girl and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.

You have such a beautiful style and I love visiting your blog to see what you have created. I'm never disappointed!

Tone-Lill said...

A fantastic and delightful fage with such a sweet photo. Fantastic detalis as ever and that zipper is reall eye catching...love it. Thanks for the inspiration :)

jenny said...

I love the green Gabrielle. And i totally love this scrapbook page.
Are we in the uk able to buy your stamps?

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Hi Jenny, yes...Janene at The Scrapbook Diaries ships internationally, email her at janene@thescrapbookdiaries.com she will give you a shipping quote (the one that comes up in the order is not for small packages)...thanks for your kind words on my work! xo

AngelkissesbyLinda said...

Gabrielle once again you amaze me. Such a beautiful layout. I really love the green and have been saying I need to do one in green. Love, Love, Love the zipper. Please keep inspiring all of us. TFS!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! You have done it again:) This layout is stunningly gorgeous!!(the great nieces are super cute too)

Becky said...

OH MY Word! Your pages are like works of art.. This is stunning. So creative and so many fabulous little details.

Unknown said...

I just love this project. I love the colors, the textures and the composition. Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails