Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Love Completely {Maja Design & Dusty Attic}

Love_Completely_by_Gabrielle_Pollacco_for_Maja_Design_02

Hi everyone, here is my last project for 2014...I think, LOL!  I came across this photo of my dear husband and our oldest daughter Chloe from when she was just a little baby. We've had a tradition of going apple picking in the Fall, even before our babies were born, and we continued the tradition on, each year with our girls (and family).  This was Chloe's first apple picking trip.  Now she is 16 years old and will soon be driving a car! Oh my, how time flies!

  Love_Completely_by_Gabrielle_Pollacco_for_Maja_Design_CLoseup_01

I used 4 different Maja paper collections for this one.  It's fun to combine the collections, the way I do it is to either go with the 'warm' colors from each of the collections or the cool colors. I used a color combination that I have not used in a long time.  When I think of whimsical, the two colors I like to put together is usually purple and green.....but this time I went with purple and blue.  I tore some paper strips from left over scraps I had in these colors and layered them with some drywall tape (found at your local hardware store). I then decorated around my photo with some chipboard...the circle design is a new Dusty Attic chipboard piece from their String Frames Set.  I added some clocks from Vintage Autumn Basics XVI paper and tucked them around my photo area.  The blooms are from my sweet friend Lucy over at Tresors de Luxe.  


And that diamond stamp you see around the photo and edges of my page?....That's one of my new stamps that I designed!  I used to doodle this design by hand on my layouts, so I thought it would be fun to make a stamp of it!  You can find my stamp at The Scrapbook Diaries.

Love_Completely_by_Gabrielle_Pollacco_for_Maja_Design_CLoseup_02

Once I had my embellishing done around my photo, I went to add my title, another new set of chipboard titles from Dusty Attic 'Love Completely'.  I just LOVE these new title chippies!! I love the pretty delicate font they've used and love the combination of fonts as well!   I wanted the white letters to show up better so I did a little dry brushing with my Victorian Velvet Distress paint by Tim Holtz behind the title area....this allowed the title to pop.

Love_Completely_by_Gabrielle_Pollacco_for_Maja_Design_CLoseup_03

I added a small corner design to balance the page by moistening the Maja paper and pulling it back a little.  I love the way these papers withstand the rigors I put them through, LOL.  I then tucked a piece of lace in the exposed area and added some chipboard accents, again from Dusty Attic (Small Scroll #2). 

Maja Design Papers used in this project:   

Coffee In The Arbour:  Raspberry Jam Cookies, Butterflies are Free (both sides), Raspberry Cupcakes 

A Gift for You:  My Dear Friend 

Vintage Autumn Basics:  XVI (clock designs) 

Ska vi ta en Fika: Våffla m. björnbärssylt (both sides)


Dusty Attic Product used in this project:
~String Frame Set
~Live Beautifully (Title Set)
~ Cogs
~Small Scrolls #2

Where can you get these lovely products?  You can find both Dusty Attic Chipboard and Maja Design Papers (including the NEW release collection) at The Scrapbook Diaries, and you can find more Dusty Attic chipboard at Moments of Tranquility.


And speaking of NEW collections....Here is a sneak peek a the NEW LIMITED EDITION Maja Design collection called Nyhavn!  I cant wait to get playing with these!  (as I mentioned earlier, Janene over at the Scrapbook Diaries has ordered in this Limited Edition collection so get them while they are still available!) :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, your kind words and feedback always make my day! xo xo


15 comments:

mommyx2 said...

Gorgeous! I love your stamps ( purchased a few already from thescrapbookdiaries.com :)!) you page is beautiful!!

Becky said...

I just love coming by here Gabrielle. I am always so inspired by your stunning work. I love the stamp set you created..

Unknown said...

Wonderful ! C'est toujours aussi beau et aussi romantique... Bravo. Amiclament. Micha

Kathy G. said...

Gabi this is just breathtaking.

Martie Rollin said...

Your layouts are definitely the most beautiful I've seen...every page is so lovely! I am loving all the texture stamps you are designing. Keep on posting!

Patty O'Malley said...

This is so pretty, Gabi! I love the colors.

Lisa Landry said...

Beautiful composition & colors! Very heartwarming LO. Lisa : )

krcmasterpiece said...

LOVE your layout! You inspire me every time! Hope you & your family have a Merry Christmas!

Lizzyc said...

Hi! Another beautiful layout! Love blue and purple together, love the stamping and pearls, love the chipboard you have used and how precious is that photo? So gorgeous! And sending you my warm Aussie blessings for a wonderful Christmas!

Shona said...

gorgeous layout :)

Romy said...

Wow, I just love this lay-out so much! Its romantic and lovely look are wonderful and I also love your embellishment arrangement.

Janene said...

Oh Gabi.... This is seriously stunning! Love the composition, colors - love it all!!! I did just get that word set from Dusty Attic - need to post the new pieces I got - there's a lot!!! And Maja just arrived yesterday - love the new collection. Different from their others yet oh so Maja!!!!!! Here's to 2015!!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, I just love how you framed the picture and the streamers coming down from the flowers, love every little touch you come up with like the piece of lace sticking out :)

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Totally stunning! Your design is so creative and unique. I absolutely love all those beautiful colours.
Rebecca.
x

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning and soft page! Absolutely fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails