Friday, March 27, 2015

Garden Journal Cards {Bo Bunny & Tresors de Luxe}


I'm just crazy in love with this beautiful new collection by Bo Bunny called Garden Journal!  It's so easy to create pretty cards using the patterned papers like 'Notebook', "Journal' and 'Postcard' to create whimsical cards.  I purposely left the type of card as blank so that I can use them for whatever purpose arises.


For this card I used some leftover 'Wonder' paper as my card background, then I layered a couple of the postcard designs from the 'Journal' paper.  I then added a bloom cluster from Tresors de Luxe, really sweet handmade blooms from my friend Lucy's etsy shop! (thanks Lucy!!).  And I finished with some natural hemp twine and some coordinating buttons from the Garden Journal collection. 


For my second card I used some paper from the Garden Journal 6x6 paper pad (green) as my background.  I had some leftover paper from a project I recently did using the weathered wood design from Bo Bunny's Heritage Collection called 'Register', I cut out a few of the wood planks and put them on the card with foam adhesive dots, laying them on in an uneven pattern.  I then layered on some images from the 'Notebook' paper from Garden Journal.  Again I used a little natural floral cluster from Tresors de Luxe, some natural twine and another coordinating button from the Garden Journal collection.


Products used in these 2 Cards:
Patterned Paper:  Garden Journal/Wonder, Notebook, Journal, Pastel, Heritage/Register (Bo Bunny)
6x6 Paper Pad: Garden Journal (Bo Bunny)
Garden Journal Buttons (Bo Bunny)
Blooms: Tresors de Luxe
Other: cheesecloth, hemp twine

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! These gorgeous Bo Bunny collections are in stores now!  And if you are looking for beautiful lace, trims and blooms, have a peek at the lovely offerings at the Tresors de Luxe Etsy Shop HERE.   We have the Maple Syrup Festival this weekend, hope the weather won't be too cold to have some fun!  Have a great weekend everyone!



21 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow these are stunning, you are such an inspiration x

Gail said...

YOUR WORK IS BEAUTIFUL. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE EVER DONE A DANCE MIXED MEDIA

Katy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

Heather said...

Gorgeous work!

Maya Ariffin said...

This is lovely :) I love it!

Keti's Projects said...

Gorjuss cards. I love it.

Patty O'Malley said...

Absolutely beautiful, Gabi!

nattyboots said...

Fantastic work, well done !.

Sandy said...

Beautifully made - gorgeous!
Sandy xx

Martie Rollin said...

Both these cards are so pleasant...a beautiful presentation style. Love the buttons and the machine stitching. I have got to pull out my machine and give this a try. Just lovely!

Maureen Killen said...

Hello Gabrielle,
These two cards are just stunning. You are such a fantastic designer.
Maureen x

Kathy Bradley said...

Gabrielle,
Your cards are really gorgeous! I think my favorite is the second card with the weathered wood strips. But, truly, both are beautiful.

dstandard said...


WOW such gorgeous cards! So many details!

Lizzyc said...

Hi! These cards are gorgeous.. they have a real country feel to them, love the twine, and the rustic colors and the layers and lace.. and flowers.. oh ok.. I love everything about them!! hehe.. Enjoy the weekend!

Romy said...

You make the most gogeous, romantic cards! These are just amazing!

Anonymous said...

These are just STUNNING, love everything about them!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous cards, love the distressing and the lovely way you embellished them! Hope your having warmer weather then we are for your festival, it is quite chilly here

Unknown said...

Gorgeous :)

Patricia said...

Wow, Beautiful cards!

Patricia said...

Wow, Beautiful cards!

AngelkissesbyLinda said...

Beautiful cards Gabbi, I just love your work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails