Saturday, March 7, 2015

Take the March Maja Mood Board Challenge!


Have you ever played in the Maja Moodboard challenge?  Each month Maja Design puts out a beautiful Mood board, a design idea that is meant to spark your creativity in your own crafting projects.  You are given an inspiring photo, a color inspiration, a quote and prompt words that will help you to create a beautiful project.


Here is this months (March) mood board. Loving the pretty, feminine color combination of brown and pink! I really love the quote too, there is something cozy and yet happy about it at the same time!


For my card I layered a bunch of the patterned and plain papers from the Summer Vintage Basics collection and made a homemade bloom from some of the papers as well. I used another piece of Tattered Angels Glimmer Glass (the owl) from some old stash I had sitting around and added a Webster's Pages cameo to the center of the owl.  The frame/Moroccan background die is a new die from Bo Bunny.  The clocks were cut from a paper called XVI from Maja's Vintage Autumn Basics collection.

If you would like to have some fun and play along you can find the full instructions to enter the challenge at the Maja Design Blog today.  Come join the fun, there is a full Maja collection pack (in the collection of your choice) up for grabs each month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, hope you all have a fun scrappy weekend! xo

13 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Gabrielle luv the colours I must try this distressing I am always afraid to go too far, a gorgeous design, have a great weekend.
Chris x

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful card, Gabi! Love the soothing colors!

Sherrie K. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the pretty papers and the layering is fantastic! The owl is so beautiful! Wonderful details on this!
Have a great day!
Sherrie K

Kathy Bradley said...

Gabrielle,
What a beautiful layout, papers and colors. The flowers are so very pretty and the cameo is elegant. As always, thanks for sharing your most wonderful art!

Romy said...

Oh la la, this is such a gorgeous card with lots of wonderful details! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous color scheme!

Martie Rollin said...

Beautiful colors on that mood board...very soft on the eyes. Very interesting layering on this card. Thanks for sharing your creative talents with us. Love seeing your projects. Happy crafting!

Judys Lace Creations said...

Beautiful card.Love the colours.Lucky person who gets this one!

Val-Belle said...

Oh I think I have to try and play along. I really love their papers and this is such a gorgeous mood board. I love your card Gabi... it is stunning

Lizzyc said...

Your card is so pretty, I love the dusty pink shades and the distressed edges and the layers!. Beautiful creating! Have a great weekend!

Debbie B. said...

So in love with your kits, get my order In as soon as it is posted. I mentioned to Janene how great it would be if you would kit the cards that you design. I am mainly a card maker and would absolutely purchase these in a heart beat! Your creative genius is remarkable and I want one of everything you do! Please consider as I am sure I am not alone in wanting your cards too!

Thanks for the beautiful designs; always anxiously awaiting the next one.

Maureen Killen said...

Hello Gabrielle,
Oh my word, this is so beautiful. I didn't get to visit you yesterday and that was certainly my loss. Your card is superb.
Maureen x

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Gorgeous card Gabi. Totally fab and love the details. Thanks for the inspiration to get me going this week!
Huggies!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails