Monday, September 21, 2015

Video Tutorial: Making Home Decor Wall Art {TCW Stencils & Shimmerz Paints}


Hi dear friends!  I'm happy to share with you all today a project I made a little while back using two of my new stencil designs for The Crafter's Workshop!  For this project I used the 12"x 12" size of the Moving Vines Stencil, as well as the 6" x 6" size of the Organic Matter stencil. 


I'm working on a 12" x 24" canvas....I needed something a little bigger to accommodate the vase I wanted to use for this project.  


I wanted to go with some fresh summery colors so I chose, Olive Branch Spritz, Bamboo Leaf Spritz and Glorious Day Vibez from Shimmerz Paints.   Here is a quick little video tutorial I created, a little step by step on how this canvas was made, Enjoy!....


Hope you enjoyed my little video tutorial!  Here are a few closeups of the canvas....


This is one of those times where a 12" x 12" photo is just perfect for a project!  I used Golden's molding paste with a credit card to get a nice even application.


I used the 6x6 Organic Matter stencil to add patches of texture to the background design.  I sprayed on the Shimmerz Paints sprays, darker to the outside, lighter to the middle. I want to note that this design was inspired by a canvas I saw by Vicki Chrisman, she kindly gave me permission to imitate her beautiful design.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and letting me share my newest creation with you all, hope you all have a creative fun week! xo



18 comments:

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Really adore your stunning project Gabrielle. Thank you for sharing your video and zoom in shots. Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Stunningly beautiful Gabrielle. Just adore your colors. This is so calming, peaceful, lovely. j.

Davi said...

Wow that is Gorgeous@@ I love the texture and the colors make it look so Cool!

Biały Akr said...

Przepiękne są Twoje prace:))) Pozdrawiam.

Kathy Bradley said...

So very gorgeous - what a wonderful piece to hang or place on an easel.

Romy said...

Oh la la, you make green look gorgeous! This is absolutely amazing!

Petras Bastelschätze said...

Wow Gabrielle such a gorgeous layout. And the colours are totally mine.
LG Petra

maria said...

maravilloso!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my such an amazing piece, Gorgeous!

Julie said...

What a clever idea! I just love the bottle on the front with the flower in. It makes for a stunning piece of wall art. Thanks for sharing.

Sue said...

Oh Wow! I love your work and this is just stunning. I really like the vase incorporated onto the canvas and such subtle colours. I'm off to check out the stencils.

krcmasterpiece said...

This canvas is one of my favorites that you've done! I love the two stencils you designed. Adding that vase in so cool!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

Good Grief....glad I was sitting down for this one! Unbelievably fun and adventurous and GORGEOUS! So loved admiring this piece of artwork from you. :)

Beverley said...

Gorgeous Gabi! I do SO love your "Moving Vines" stencil and am hoping
someone here in Australia will retail soon!!

Jan said...

What a stunning project xx Jan

Pawsitively Creative said...

This really is Such a Pretty Mess! All of your work is gorgeous. I really enjoy how you added the base and your stencils are amazing! Stunning design as usual. :)

Unknown said...

Your works are just adorable. Specially the art and home decor gifts.
Top notch !

Jeanne said...

Such a lovely, soft and beautiful project. Your work is spectacular!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails