Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Some Fun Fall Drama {Maja Design & Dusty Attic}


Happy hump day everyone!  It's Wednesday and that means I have a Maja Design project to share with you!  I've had this photo of my two girls hamming it up on a walk we went on, waiting to be scrapped for over a year now, it was time to do it!  It's autumn and I just had to do a little scrapping with the beautiful Maja Design Walking in the Forest collection!
 

I just love the lovely denims and flannel print designs in this collection.  I chose the following papers to work with for this page: Walking In the Forest (Fresh Air-bs, Flannel shirt-bs, Flannel shirt (front side), Autumn In The Air, Birch).
 

I used a variety of Dusty Attic chipboard to decorate this page.  I got the idea to use the postage stamp chipboard design from the Walking in the Forest Die-cut sheet of paper.  The Dusty Attic Clock Frame got a rusty treatment using Dusty Attic Rusting powder sprayed with a combination of 75% white vinegar and 25% water.  You wait about 1/2 hour for the rusting to happen.  The blue scroll is another Dusty Attic chippie called Elegant Scroll #13.  The l'il mushroom design was cut from the 'Autumn in the Air' paper and attached with foam pop dots.  The white butterfly is from Prima.  The Clock faces were cut from a paper called XVI from the Vintage Autumn Basics.
 

The blossoms I used for this page are a combination of Prima blooms (large cream flower), some Recollection (Michaels Craft store brand) blossoms, and some Dusty Attic blossoms (small blue).


I layered a few of the Walking In the Forest papers behind the photo, creating a few ribbon banners peeking out of the bottom. I added some foliage stamping in 2 colors around the focal points on the page.  The stamp is a K & Company set called Lotus by Amy Butler.  The inks I used were Prima Branch Bark chalk ink and Denim Mixed Media chalk ink by ColorBox.  The title is by Heidi Swapp (had this one in my stash for years, and finally got to using it!).  Directly behind the photo I used a little Scattered Straw Distress ink by Tim Holtz, applied with the TH tool.

I hope you enjoyed checking out my latest Maja Design and Dusty Attic project!  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, as always I love to hear your comments and feedback! xo

17 comments:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Wonderful Gabrielle! I always enjoy your beautiful work.
This 'drama' l/o is delightful~ (2cute hamms: )The Maja is so incredible and (I think) so wonderful to work with too.
I really like the foliage stamping you added; that was perfect! And the peeks of 'lacies' here and there are so pretty. You inspire me!
Now I'll just hope to find some time and mojo : J
Take care, Karen

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Gabriell,
ein wunderschönes Herbstlayout hast du gestaltet. Ich bin total begeistert. Es gibt so viele wundervolle Details zu entdecken. Die Fotos von deinen beiden Mädchen hast du wunderschön in Szene gesetzt. Es ist für mich immer wieder etwas ganz besonderes deine tollen Werke bewundern zu dürfen. Vielen Dank für die vielen Inspirationen. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

Bonnie said...

Beautiful LO! I love how you combine the stamping, inking & chipboard pieces. TFS, Bonnie S :-)

Romy said...

It's such a gorgeous lay-out with so many beautiful details! You always manage to capture the fall feel just wonderfully in your lay-outs.

Megs said...

this is just beautiful Gabi! Love the colour and composition, it all blends together so well. STUNNING!!

Janene said...

Another stunning page!!!!

Lizzyc said...

This is so pretty, love the clock and the sweet little blooms and the stamping too! Lovely autumny page!

Patty O'Malley said...

Pretty layout, Gabi!

langeatheart said...

Love this! Vintage shabby chic! <3

Corine said...

This is a really plaesure for to check on your blog. Your layout is very gorgeous.

Pon Malar said...

Beautiful project :) Love all the layering of pattern paper, they are gorgeous. And the distressed effect is good, the lace adds to the elegance!! Beautiful photo & gorgeous work :)

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a gorgeous page Gabi. I love the details, colors, and background Such a fun picture. Fantastic inspiration. I so love your amazing creative work. My #1 top designer.Thanks so much.
Hugs,Rachelle

Gitte said...

Beautiful.

Matilde said...

A beautiful layout!

Unknown said...

Wow just stunning. Your attention to detail and color is amazing! I also love no matter how layered the layout is the picture is still the star. Amazing beautiful layout. I makes me smile

Unknown said...

Hi Gabrielle: Another beautiful creation. Is this new paper pack available somewhere? I cannot find a Canadian supplier, and I've been through the list of stores on the MajaDesign site: either the store listed doesn't sell many or any of the papers, or the site is no longer available. Thanks for your help. Absolutely love your work.
Barb

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Hi Barbara, I'm not sure about in Canada but The Scrapbook Diaries (based in New York) has loads of Maja Design papers (including their newest collection), and she ships to Canada (I get shipments from her all the time)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails