Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Live Love Laugh {Dusty Attic, Maja Design and Shimmerz Paints}


Hi everyone! I'm so happy to share with you all a special page I made for my parents anniversary this month.  They are having their 58th wedding anniversary, such a wonderful milestone.  For this page I combined a number of  Maja Design paper collections, using 5 different papers. (Vintage Summer Basics 1922, Nyhavn-Strolling Along the Canal, Vintage Summer Basics 1923, Ska Vi ta en Fika-Pratstund, Vintage Autumn Basics-XVI) as well as some awesome new Dusty Attic chippies!


I'm always so thrilled when I hear that Jennifer Hedger (owner of Dusty Attic) has been busy creating new chipboard designs!  Above are all the fun new chipboard designs I used to make up this romantic page. (I used the smaller version of the Live Love Laugh title)


I began by using the Vintage Summer Basics 1922 paper as my matting/background paper. I then cut the corner and 1/4 inches off the edges of the Nyhavn paper, which I then painted with some Shimmerz paints (Black Cherry Soda Creameez and Onyx Inklingz) and stamped liberally around the photo area with some stamps that I designed for The Scrapbook Diaries.  I then layered on a crocheted lace Doily from Tresors de Luxe  and a chipboard frame from Dusty Attic (Swirly Frame and Laurel Leaf chippies).

  LIveLaughLove_GabriellePollacco_closeup3

I created coordinating blossoms using the Rose Creations dies from Spellbinders, using the scraps from the Vintage Summer Basics 1922 and 1923 papers.  I cut the smaller inner petals from the darker pink paper and the larger petals from the light pink paper.  I also cut out a few green leaves using the Ska vi ta en Fika paper (leaf dies are from the Rose Creations set).

  LIveLaughLove_GabriellePollacco_closeup2

I added a cluster of embellishments in the bottom right corner using a couple of Dusty Attic chippies (title and scroll).  I also added some texture using a Prima flourish stencil and home-made texture paste. And as always I love to tuck in a little clock here and there from the Vintage Autumn Basics XVI paper.

Are you looking for a good source for Maja Design Paper and Dusty Attic Chipboard?  Be sure to check out The Scrapbook Diaries for one stop shopping on many of the fun items I used on this page! And if you are looking to put in an order of Shimmerz Paints be sure to put my name "Gabrielle' in the Instructions to Merchant part of your order to get a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paints product in the color of your choice!  Lots of exciting news over at Shimmerz Paints (they are releasing some NEW Watercolor paint sets called Aqua Heuz) as well as some awesome new reformulated Shimmerz Paints (can't wait to try these!!).  This Thursday they will be opening a new Website which will make ordering your Shimmerz Paints so much easier....keep your eye peeled on the Shimmerz Facebook page for more info on this!

I hope my parents enjoy this layout, I'm forever grateful to have them in my life and hope they will see many many more anniversaries.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, your sweet comments and feedback always make my day! xo


23 comments:

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

STUNNING!!!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Gabi it is breathtaking! I can honestly feel all the love you poured into this beautiful masterpiece~ Maja Summer Basics is my fav Maja. Though all of Maja is gorgeous to work with; isn't it!?!
The new DA chips are so wonderful. That swirly frame is amazing! Wowzer. All the chbd is so perfect here~
I think the layers you bring with your stencils, paints, and texture render this one of my very fave's for sure : ) Thanks for sharing! ~Karen O

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oops! (I do go on...) But I had to say how much I enjoy your hand made flowers Gabrielle~ They add such a unique and personal touch to your work. They're gorgeous. Love it : ) Karen

Kathy G. said...

Gabi this is Breathtaking! Love the swirly frame you used around your parents' photo and the softness of the colors! The design of this page is fantastic. God bless your parents and you.

Juliz Design Post said...

Wow, stunning page. I'm sure your parents will adore this beautiful keepsake.
Julie x

Unknown said...

So ELEGANTLY BEAUTIFUL Gabrielle... just STUNNING. AWED. j.

Kathy Bradley said...

Your page is gorgeous and elegant! Your design, papers and elements are all beautiful, as is the photo of your parents. Thank you for sharing.

langeatheart said...

I am sure this layout will find a special place on your parents wall! It's stunning! love the colors and the blooms you made!!Just gorgeous! <3

Romy said...

Oh wow, what can I say? This is just breathtaking in every possible way!

DeeDee7770 said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Martie Rollin said...

My first look at this lovely page sent shivers up my spine...it's that gorgeous! Beautifully designed...lovely colors...delightful embellishments. Best, of course, is the photo! Well done!

Bonnie said...

GORGEOUS!! TFS, Bonnie S :-)

Patty O'Malley said...

What a treasure for your parents! So beautiful!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Oh my .. your parents are going to treasure this page Gabrielle .. it is simply exquisite! The papers are gorgeous and the chippies frame and enhance the photo so beautifully!! Always love your work and this one is a new fave! So romantic and so beautiful!! Wishing your parents a very Happy Anniversary with many more years of happiness and love together. xx

Unknown said...

Seriously this is absolutely stunning!!! Please say this kit will be available,

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful page. Love the new Dusty Attic chipboard pieces!

Beverley said...

Oh my Gabi, how your beautiful layout will warm the hearts of your parents on this very special occasion! Can there be anything more treasured to a parent, than to receive something hand-made by one of their "children"? Be very proud of yourself Gabi, xx

Lizzyc said...

I think your parents will LOVE this! It is so beautiful.. love the chippies and colors and flowers.. such a touch of romance with the photo.. I love this.. love the corner cluster too.. gorgeous creating..

Unknown said...

Nice site, Thanks for sharing such type of information

Online Shopping

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh WOW! This is amazing! What a beautiful Blog you have too! And I love your Tutorials! You have inspired me to try dabbling in a bit of mixed media on my cards and journals etc. I need to work out what Shimmer sprays I need though. It is mind boggling¬! Judy x

Denise van Deventer said...

Wowsers...this is such a special and gorgeous page! I will have to come back and take a closer look later! I am sure your parents were thrilled and congrats to them on this amazing achievement! xx

Unknown said...

I m a big fan of u....I try making like u but ur work is outstanding

Unknown said...

I m a big fan of u.I m a married lady want to like ur page.so could see ur each post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails