Monday, April 5, 2010

Coming up in Stitches!! April Kits! From My Creative Scrapbook!


This months kits from My Creative Scrapbook are just so beautiful! The above layout is one I made with the Main kit which features the gorgeous new papers from Webster's Pages (2 of each paper) recently released at the Winter CHA. And as always the kit is packed with beautifully coordinating embellishments. The above photos are more of the cute photo's that my nephew and his wife had professionally done of their newborn baby girl Kiera. The photos were taken by Stephanie Robins Photography & Design, she does the most amazing pregnancy and newborn photos!

Here are some close-ups of the above layout (I did a small tutorial on how to make the scallop edge/ribbon design in an earlier post, you can find it if you scroll through a couple past posts)....


A second layout I made using this kit is of my oldest daughter Chloe, she turned 12 last month, when I looked at this photo I took of her I couldn't help but reflect on how fast the time has gone by, just another year and she'll be a teenager. I wish I could just slow down time! Here's the l/o with a couple of close-ups....




I had posted an early post of one of my DT pages for the Main kit a couple weeks ago but I'll post it again so you can see the pretty die cut paper included in this kit!

and finally I made up a 4rth page using this pretty kit. I went for a collage style design. I did a whole lot of machine and hand stitching to make up this layout.

TIP: I wanted to get the look of metalic thread stitching on some of the areas but I found it hard to find metalic thread on a spool for my sewing machine. But I think I was able to 'kind of' get the look of metalic thread by simply machine stitching with a regular cotton thread and then lightly going over it with some Stickles (glitter glue).....I recently picked up this colour called Platinum by Stickles, I really like the soft gold/silver effect it gives. Here are some close-ups (the pink papers had the metalic looking stitchwork)...




Moving on to the next kit....wait until you see the goodies in the LE (Limited Edtion) kit for April from My Creative Scrapbook! The rich gorgeous papers and the embellishments!! Awesome fabric blooms and loads of jewel-toned blooms included in this kit, ...glitter borders and pleated twill ribbon and I just totally LOVED the chipboard alpha's in the houndstooth design by Pink Paislee!! Here is a l/o I made using the beautiful goodies in this kit! There is a cute die-cut paper in this kit ( simply did a little machine stitching on the edges)....and I'm just crazy for those Prima 'Calcutta' blooms, I think they give a bit of a vintage feel to a page.....

The smaller white blooms com in a pack of 6 and I just tinted 3 of them with a little bit of watercolour paint in their centers to make them work for this l/o......


A second l/o I made with this kit I was going for a very light feminine look to go with the soft pretty lighting in this photo of my youngest daughter Meagan. So I chose the white/blue polka-dot paper and just added some punches of colour with the rich magenta colour blooms. Love that clock transparency included in the kit (be sure to see all the DT l/o's at the MCS DT gallery there are so many beautiful designs!).....

I hand-cut the flourish designs in the patterned papers to add a little extra design elements to the l/o and some really cute leaves included in the kit (the word 'kissed' was cut from black carstock with my Quickutz Revolution, the font I used is called Washington), here are some close-ups....



And finally a 3rd l/o I made with the April LE kit, I'd been meaning to scrap this photo for years! It was a pic of Chloe at a party at her cousin's house where she was making a keepsake box. She's wearing a bathing suit with a blue/white houndstooth design on it, exactly like the papers in this kit! So I finally got the perfect papers to scrap this one!....

Again, I did some hand-cutting of the red/flourish paper for a design element on this page... Love those Prima burlap flowers!...here are some close-ups...



I made 3 layouts for the LE kit but had I had extra time this month I could've made so much more...I've still got so much beautiful product left from this kit! I for sure will be pulling out the leftovers to do some more with them!

This months Album kit was a source of so much fun and creativity for the design team this month! Included in this kit was a generous swatch of a pink/white gingham fabric and we all enjoyed seeing what new and interesting things we could make with it! I got another photo of my nephew's oldest little girl (now just over a year old) and I loved the almost vintage look of the photo again done by Stephanie Robins Photography & Design. I thought the papers and embellishments needed to have a homespun look to it. So I made these gingham blooms from strips of the fabric and also cut out a heart design and stitched it to a piece of cardstock with a bit of tufting between the layers. See the post below this one for instructions on how to make the Twisted Fabric blooms .........

Here are some close-up photos of the blooms and other design elements I included on this page (I again did a whole lotta machine stitching to give the page an 'old-time' look to it)....



I made a second l/o with the Album kit using the green/brown colours in it. I again did a lot of machine stitching for the design elements on this page. I had a book from the library on working with fabrics and I saw this cut heart design except in my case I used the design on paper.....

I used the Torn Paper Flower tutorial I shared with you all in an earlier post below to make the blooms for this page except I incorporated some cream colour blooms in with it. I used two different tones of chocolate coloured cardstock to make these and I have to say the finished blooms reminded me of the chocolate curls you see on a cake! LOL!...not good when your scrapping reminds you of food! Here are a couple of close-ups.....




And finally we come around to the April Creative kit from My Creative Scrapbook. This one was definitely a colourful and spring inspired kit! Lot's of fun summery colours and pretty blooms in it! I only had enough time left over this month to get one l/o done with it, I chose some of the more subtle colours to make up this l/o......

There is a transparency overlay that comes with this kit, I used it over a couple layers of paper here. The tan colour paper is actually just some cardstock that I did a little dry brushing on with some white paint and then randomly stamped with a 'script' stamp. I then cut out some diamond shapes from the background patterned paper and machine stitched it overtop of the whole lot. I frayed some green polka-dot ribbon to frame my photo and added some of the blooms in the kit to the outer edges of the page to finish it off....here are some close-ups....



I know this has been a huge post and all I can say is thank-you for reading all the way through my long-winded post and hope that I was able to share some fun tips with you all!! If you liked what you've seen here you really must come have a look at the Design Team Gallery for this month at My Creative Scrapbook, the rest of the design team girlies have made up amazing and inspiring pages with these kits!

Thanks for having a peek!

~Gabrielle xxx

30 comments:

Jolanda said...

This is all so beautifull!!Love your work.

...Tara... said...

Love your work & beautiful as always :) How do you tie your bows. I have the hardest time with them and yours looks just perfect!!

Romy said...

WOW!!! That's all I can say... You always amaze me with your work, and you're such a sweetheart too.

Isabel De Pauw said...

wauw ! beautiful work !!!

Stampin Mindy said...

Your work inspires me so much, I just love your style. Truly a work of art. Hugs!!

angelwhispers said...

Your creations are "Stunning" as always they are just packed with detail and bag's of inspiration!! My little Granddaughter is due in 8days and I am already planning some pages with thanks to you and your beautiful work!!! Thanks

LISA said...

Amazingly beautiful...Each and every one of them!!!!Love your new techniques...My fave??? The stitched diamonds, stamp and more stitching!!! Wow...
Love it!!

Sandie said...

Stunning work as always hon, beautiful beautiful pages xxx

Sally said...

How do you do it? No, seriously - How do you do it? Every month your work just surpasses my expectations. I totally love your work and so look forward to your blog updates. Every month I am gobsmacked at your ability to totally awe and inspire me. Phew !!! is about all I can say. xxxxxxxxx

Лилия said...

Your art give me a lot of inspiration! Thans you very much for your beautiful pages.

Anonymous said...

oh wow this is awesome!!!!
You have taken my very breath away!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Gabi - WOW WOW WOW!! I love how soft and feminine your work is. I have all boys and just come over to drool and gaze on your beautiful pages. I am going to borrow some of your ideas and try and work them in to something that I can use in my books because they are absolutely stunning!!!

Adrienne said...

just amazing!

Vanessa said...

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!
Thank you for sharing with us all!!!! O my goodness!!!!!
WOW!

Stephanie said...

WOW!!!! Your work is stunning and you are sooo sweet to share all of your tips and techniques with us!!! I love looking at your LOs, they are so unique and creative...you are so very talented!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Love crafts forever said...

OMG!!! Your work is beautiful.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love your pages- the details are fantastic! I love the close up pictures of all of the fabulous details too! I love to sew on my projects- so just delight in all of the close-ups and especially with the sewing details- what beautiful details- you must have fabulous scrapbooks for your kids! Wow...and Yes- time flies- and the kids just keep getting older ......!

phamil said...

Goodness girl, you really outdid yourelf this month! Each creation is just a unique piece of art in itself! You amaze me each and every month, but this month especially! Lovethe pink fabric blooms especially, and the chocolate looking ones too!!! And the diamond pattern thing that you do!!! All just amazing touches that only "you" can do!!!! Beautiful!

Stacey said...

Holy crap Gabi! You just blow my mind girl! These are the most gorgeous things I have ever seen!!! WOW!

scrappinlil said...

Wow...you have been busy..I love the vintage feel..and all the flowers on all of them...wow wow we wow...I love your work and I just became a follower..TFS

Anonymous said...

OMG I have just discovered your blog and I am totally in awe of your beautiful work. You are so inspiring. I keep coming across work that I think is amazing and thought I had seen the best, but this is really fantastic!

Maria

Lu Zischler said...

My God! Where were I that I hadn´t seen this blog before? I loved your work! I love this style, but I can´t go with it. Always that I try, I don´t like the result... I will look here sometimes to get some inspiration and try to learn just looking!
kisses

Lacee broyles said...

Your work is so amazing!!!!!!!!!! Everytime I look at it I become inspired!!!!!!!!!

KarenB said...

Wow, your creations are pure magic. I popped across from Helen's flower tutorial links and I've found a whole new favourite blog!! Thanks so much for the inspiration. I'm a new follower :)

Theresa said...

Wow - everything you've posted her is one hundred percent FABULOUS! I can't which is my favorite because I love them all. Thanks for always being such a great source of inspiration!

Karin said...

Unreal! How you continue to whip out these beautiful layouts is beyond me!!!!! I struggle with just ONE, and you continue to create one masterpiece after ANOTHER!!!!! Sheeesh!!!!! Thanks for sharing! You are truly one of a kind!!!!!!!1

Paulien van den Bosch said...

I am totally stunned over all these pages. Wow wow wow... so many beautiful, I mean breath taking details.... really Gab's this is out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you have others tutorials handmade textile flowers? books or magazines?
Very betiful works
kisses from Brazil!

Anonymous said...

Yes, really. All above told the truth. Let's discuss this question. Here or in PM.

Anonymous said...

Yes, really. It was and with me. Let's discuss this question. Here or in PM.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails