Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bo Bunny: Non-traditional l/o's made with Themed Papers


I recently had a fun assignment from Bo Bunny to create a layout using traditional or 'themed' papers to make a non-traditional layout. So I chose to use the papers and goodies from their Noel collection to make the above l/o of my oldest daughter Chloe. I even went with a Spring photo to show how this collection can be used for any type of l/o.
TIP: When you are looking to get a non-traditional look to your l/o with themed papers like the Noel collection, choose papers from the collection that are alike in color and go for a monochromatic look. I chose the creamy/gold color papers in the collection to create this page (leaving out the reds & greens keeps the page from looking like a Christmas page).
The large crochetted bloom is from the BoBunny Noel collection as are the papers I used here. The chipboard flourish is one of the exciting new pieces from Dusty Attic Designs! as is the Fleur de Lis border chipboard along the bottom of the l/o. To check out the newest pieces from Dusty Attic come check out this link ~~> DUSTY ATTIC NEW RELEASES ....there are some really awesome new pieces (I just fell in love with the new Vine Border and the Flower Stem...and there are some really cool lace-cut doily circles!). Here are a few close-ups of my page....



Thanks for stopping by! To see what some of the other amazing DT girlies created for this assignment, check out the BoBunny Blog for today!....hope you come back tomorrow to have a peek at the new kits for November ....it's reveal day on the 5th for My Creative Scrapbook (there are some really gorgeous kits this month!)
~Gabrielle xx

12 comments:

Julia said...

Gabbi this is gorgegous! Thanks for the tip for using themed papers for traditional layouts. I often get stumped by this, TFS!

Tamikko said...

beautiful! the picture, the colours and the embellies really draw you in. Every time you make a lo it's so dreamy to me. I'm amazed by your work Gabby! Just adore it so :)

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Your layouts get more and more amazing every month. Love all the colors. They are my favorite. I guess tht why I love autumn.

Jolanda said...

Hi Gabi,Ohhhhh,how amazing!!your style is so so very beautiful!!I always say WOW,when i look at your work,amazing!
have a nice day!
Love,Jolanda

Romy said...

Ooh, Gabi, your work on this page is fantastic! You proved that this Christmas collection is perfect for non-Christmas layouts too. Your layout is so gorgeous and feminine and I really love that red flourish!

Karen Wilson said...

Love the colors in this layout. Its so elegant looking! TFS

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful Layout! Great tip on getting more use from themed papers. Looking forward to the reveal tomorrow!

Cindy Gay said...

So pretty. Great tones. Love the sepia toned photo.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Gorgeous, Gabi! I am working with those papers right now for my DT but am doing Christmas mostly. But this would be a great idea to use the golds for anything! Will give it a go!

Anonymous said...

I don't think your layouts would be half as beautiful if you didn't have such pretty girls! LOL Mow180

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Omg..... you have done so icredible with this kit. I love every page, and my gosh..... you truly are the queen when it comes to detail work.
If I were you.... I would hang every page, to decorate the walls of my home.
Gorgeous gorgeous work hon!

Kathypkzc said...

To enroll in a seminar or workshop like this will cost you thousands of dollars. SPY To take advantage of the tendency, the investor could buy equities just after Halloween and sell them on May Day the following year. What costs will I pay?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails