Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bo Bunny ~ Focus on Flowers! & Some NEW Dusty Attic!!

I was so happy to be one of the DT girls asked to do the flower assignment for Bo Bunny!  As  most of you know I love to add blooms to my work and it was fun to make up a page that focused on pairing blooms with a Bo Bunny collection.  For my layout I used the crochetted bloom from the Bo Bunny Noel collection and then made up some shimmery/sheer aqua blooms using a trim strip from the  Bo Bunny Hooligan's collection.  I just love the feel of this trim, it is not stiff but actually a very soft pliable fabric strip and the shimmer is so pretty in real life!  All I did to make up these blooms is run a little slip stitch up one side to gather the blooms....easy peasy.  Then I glued a small circle of cardstock behind the bloom and put 3 pearl beads in the center of each flower.  For the large bloom I added a small aqua ruffle to bring all the blooms together.  The tiny white/aqua blooms were made with the small EK Success retro flower punch, I just lightly inked the center with some blue chalk ink and added an adheasive pearl from the Jewels package from the BB Gabrielle collection.   This layout was about how us Mom's often turn into the pack mule of the family.  My kids want to take with all sorts of things when we go on an outing....sunglasses, water bottles, camera's, sweaters, phones, blankets and yes! even their stuffed toys! ...and who ends up having to carry it?  Mom of course! lol!  Chloe took this pic of me on our last outing :)  Here are a few close-up pic's....




I also added some Dusty Attic embellishments to the page, the scroll design directly below the photo (Decorative Trim DA0435) and the Fancy Trim border DA0433 (top right corner).  I gave both pieces the Verdigris finish I shared over at Dusty Attic a little while back (to view the little tutorial on how to do a Verdigris (aged metal) finish just click on this link Verdigris Patina

I'm really excited to say that Dusty Attic has come out with some new designs!  Some of my favourites in the new releases are the Peacock Feathers, Topiaries and the Baroque Frame sets!  Can't wait to get my hot little hands on some of these gorgeous designs! (I hear they are on their way! yippee!!)  Here is a little peek at some of the new designs......



I know you are all going to want to play with these designs as much as I want to!  So to get these new goodies be sure to ask your local scrapstores to put in an order!  And for those of you who like to order online from US & Canadian sources you can find many of these awesome goodies for sale at these links....
ScrapThat (Canada)
Here is the Dusty Attic Retailers lists so you can find a dealer near you DA Retailers

And a little more Bo Bunny NEWS!  Yep! they are coming out with 3 beautiful new collections for their mid-season releases!!  For a peek at the newest collections check out their blog posts from the past few days!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Gabrielle xx

16 comments:

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

Gabrielle I love you work...you inspire me....but here in Brazil it´s difficult to find this AWESOME collection....
kisses
Rosana

Meadow of the sky said...

Wow, it is sooo nice, love it!!!

Sue said...

I love the way you've used the products. Your work is so soft and subtle.

Jolanda said...

wow,wow,wow,that looks totally amazing...the L/O and the chippies!!
Beautiful work Gabi!
x

Color In the Box said...

Ola !!
Sempre uma supresa passar por aqui e ver tantos projetos lindos !!
Obrigada por dividir !!!
Um beijo !
Lu - True Colors

Rachael Elliott said...

Stunning page, love how you use blooms on your pages. Those new Dusty Attic products are just gorgeous especially love those frames!!! Just have to see if they are going to make there way over here.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful LO! Love that crocheted flower!

Unknown said...

Gabi, what a fantastic layout! It`s always a treat to see how beautifully you play with flowers, design and colors! You are always such an inspiration, my friend! Big, even BIGGER hugs ~Gerry~

Cindy Gay said...

Such a beautiful color combo and perfectly scrapped!

~Etoile~ said...

That LO is stunning!!!!!!!!!!

Florist Reviews said...

Find Flowers.. yep really Pretty enough..

Anonymous said...

Beeeautiful page! But I want your hair!
Jx

Lizzyc said...

Hi!! oh what a beautiful layout.. and i can so agree with the pack horse title!! i usually take as many groceries bags as possible to keep the trips from the car to the house to a minimum!!haha!! love your layouts!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is just stunning Gabi!
It put a SMILE on my face. I can so relate to your title...lol!
Love almost everything you make. Thank you for the inspiration!!
Have a great week end!!

klayne70 said...

I always love your work but I cannot find the thing to turn the music off and it continues to play when I click off the site. HELP

Beverley said...

Stunning, as ever, Gabi! Love your herringbone stitching on the circle. It is SO good of you to
share with us all, your amazing talent! (p.s. ... take heart, at 71 and a Nanna to two precious grandbabies (5 & 7), I am still the pack-mule!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails