Friday, May 6, 2011

Botanicals & Butterflies! & Awesome Webster's Pages!!

This will be my last post for My Creative Scrapbook kit club, I made the decision last month to step down from the DT and make a few changes.  It was such a hard decsion to make as I've been designing for MCS for exactly 3 years now.  I've grown so close to the girls on the design team and gotten to know so many wonderful people through this experience.  Happily I know I will keep in touch with the dear friends I've made through my blog, galleries and other design teams.  Thank you to all my dear friends for their kind words and support, they've meant a lot to me.

So, moving on, I have to say it was nice to go out working with some of my favourite things, botanicals and butterflies!!  I just love Pink Paislee's Butterfly Garden collection!  The photo above is one I took of my two girls when we were out on a walk a few weeks ago.  We've been having strange weather but this was one of those balmy lovely days just cast into the middle of a whole lotta rainy miserable days.  I love the butterflies that coordinate with this collection...the transparent layer over the butterfly image is so beautiful in real life.  Here are a few close-up pic's of this layout....

  I often hear people say how much they like my photo's and how cooperative my girls are about having their photo's taken.  But I  always say...I take a ton of pic's to get the ones I actually use.  Below is a l/o I made to give you a little more accurate idea of how things go when I'm trying to get pic's of my girls.....

This was the next shot I got  after the one I scrapped above lol!  Hence the title 'Real' Sisters. Ah well, they still make me laugh with their silly antics and aside from the odd spat or two they do get along pretty well.  I used the Webster's Pages Ladies & Gents collection for this one.  This is such a versatile paper collection because it allows for both masculine and feminine style pages.  For the little dress forms in the corner I gathered some sheer ribbons to make the skirts and painted the dress forms white.  I inked the edges of the dress forms with some brown chalk ink and then put some Stardust Stickles over it to give them some shimmer & shine. The vine I made from some of the loose stemmed blooms, you can find a little demonstration I made up on how to make your own vines HERE.   Here is a close-up pic....
Another photo I took on our outing together was this one below of my oldest daughter Chloe.  I used the Prima papers (Botanicals collection) mixed with some more of the Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden collection to compliment the soft floral top she was wearing in the photo.

It's been a while since I've done the corset lacing design on my layouts (a couple years ago, I used the corset lacing on so many of my l/o's, funny how you move on to different things for a while and then pull out a favourite again!)  Although I used a ribbon for my corset lacing, I recommend you use something a little less thick, like string, cording, something finer as trying to get the thick ribbon through the eyelets is not so easy!  The button I used in the center of the brown bloom was in the kit, but the center was missing....I guess it had popped out?  So I created my own 'jewel' for it by adding a couple of layers of blue 'Waterfall' Stickles, let it dry and then added a nice mound of Tim Holtz Glossy Accents.  The finished effect is almost like an opal!  Here are some close-ups of the above page....

The frayed bit beside the large bloom is sort of an accident thing lol!....I was fiddling with one of the trims in the kit and it just started unraveling on me before I could tape off the end.  So I chopped off the ravelled bit and just stuck it on the page....almost like a little bit of nest :)
I really love the pretty botanical design in the PP paper below;  The frame around the photo is made from a sheet of lace paper by BasicGrey layered over some simple pink cardstock.  The edging around the photo was made with another style of decorative scissors and a white gel pen (Signo Unibal)
The tiny white/yellow blooms were made using the EK Success retro flower punch in the mini size.  I just inked the centers with some yellow chalk ink and added a liquid pearl drop in the center. Here are a couple of close-up shots of the above page...


And finally the last page I made was of me and my girls, my dear husband took this photo of the 3 of us while we were out on our little beach/forest walk.  I used more of the beautiful Ladies & Gents collection to make up this page.....
The lolipop blooms on this page of course are the Websters Pages Pincess Petals (LOVE these!) and the soft pink blooms are ones I again made using recycled dryer sheets (see some tutorial instructions in the rightside column of my blog)...

If I've missed explaining anything I did on these layouts or if you have any product questions don't be shy to ask I'm always happy to answer any questions! :)   ....thanks for stopping by again, I'm always happy to hear from my friends here!

~Gabrielle xx

34 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Absolutely stunning and GORGEOUS!!! I am so sorry to hear that you will no longer be at MCS :( I understand that life gets like that and changes do need to be made, but you will still be missed so much. Good luck..I hope it all works out for you .

Блоха Ольга said...

чудесные странички!
восхищаюсь вашей работоспособностью!
браво!
(Ольга Russia)

Romy said...

Gabi, we'll miss you sooo much. Thanks for everything that you've done through all the years and for sharing all your amazing work with the MCS kits with us. You're a true inspiration and have become a dear friend too. I think you took the right decision and we'll definitely keep in touch by Bo Bunny and SB.com. You're just a pure inspiration and a true sweetheart and I really want to thank you for that:) These five layouts are all...gosh, what could I say?...gorgeous, breathtaking, stunning...no, just all of those words! I just keep scrolling to make sure I noticed every one of your gorgeous details:)

Tara Cardwell said...

The beauty of your layouts just blows me away every time I read your blog...... I only discovered you recently but you've become a must read so I hope you aren't going to stop blogging altogether :-(

Unknown said...

Gabi, my sweet friend, my heart breaks to see you go from MCS! Thanks God we are friends and we are in touch :-) I owe you so much and I`m so THANKFUL!
Your work this month is gorgeous.....like every layout you create! I`m always so inspired by you!
Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
Hugs ~Gerry~

Jolaine Frias said...

So sorry to hear you're leaving MSC, I have always admired your endless talent and willingness to share with us your amazing gift. These gorgeous layouts are examples of your creative genious! Best of luck on your new ventures, and it's nice to know I can always visit your blog and be inspired!

alisha said...

I'm totaly devestated to hear that you will no longer be working for My Creative Scrapbook. I look forward to seeing your work every month and I get so much inspiration from your stunningly beautiful layouts. I pour over every detail! I hope you wont disappear completley and will continue to create beautiful layouts and provide inspiration to so many. I will continue to visit your blog!

Alisha

Bellaidea said...

Lovely work, you take awesome photos!

Keren Tamir said...

Gabi, your layouts as always are breathtaking!! I love them so much and are so inspiring. Thank you for sharing always!!

Patty O'Malley said...

You always create such treasures! I just love taking in all your fine details. Will miss seeing your work for MCS but I know we'll still be able to see you here.

DebraK said...

I hope you will be continuing your blog--I love looking at every little detail of your layouts. Heck with the clean and simple, I just LOVE the 'pretty mess'! There is so much 'depth' in your l/o's, and so much to explore... You are so very talented...!

Denni said...

Absolutely beautiful, every one of them. I love your style, it's simply amazing!

~Etoile~ said...

Your pages are gorgeous, amazing, a joy to watch. I love all the little details you put in your LO,like flowers, butterflies etc...

Lizzyc said...

oh how magnificent these layouts are.. and showing the close ups shows the gorgeous details.. thank you for sharing your brilliance.. i just wish some of it would rub off on me!!haha!!

Karou said...

I often come to your blog, I do not often leave a message, I do not speak English so it's not easy.
your work is always so beautiful, even more I think. and your daughters are very beautiful, very photogenic.

Sue said...

Fantastic, stunning layouts as usual. Your work is always so beautiful and you're daughters are incredibly photogenic. Please don't stop blogging your work, it's so inspirational, I'd really miss that breathtaking "WOW" moment when I see your latest project.

agapanthus said...

These layouts are really beautiful. I love the layers and intricate details. Thanks for all your inspiration - your designs always make me want to drag myself away from Scrapbook blogging and get my stash out and create!! Best wishes Karen x

Britney said...

i love following your blog and seeing what you are able to do with the MCS kits. I am sad that I will no longer be able to get that same inspiration,You are so talented. Your pages are the best I have ever seen, and I will keep following your blog to see what else you come up with, And thank you soo much for your tutorials.

Jill said...

Just got to say that I absolutely love your LOs. Websters are so amazing and I think that you use them to the max! Gorgeous! Jill x

Sandi Clarkson said...

As always, absolutely stunning! Love how you've used the kit to its fullest potential! Sorry to hear that you are leaving MCS but thanks goodness, there are so many other venues where we can see your work .. right here for one LOL Such an inspiration to us all!

Nancy said...

Wonderful pages :) I love them, you are so inventive with all the details! I think that is a faux chain 'holding' the key? Anyway, I sure hope you keep blogging :) you are so inspiring!

Jennie Atkinson said...

I have just been looking at your layouts and they just blow me away they are so stunning. I am so glad I have found your blog - it is so inspiring. Thank you.

Unknown said...

my sweet friend I miss you so on the MCS forum. I'm sad that you left.
But I understand It
And thanks for all your support and inspiration ... but I'll follow you Gabi your stunning work!
And You have made with this wonderful Kid so amazing gorgeous work make.
BIg Hugs Friend.
XX carla

Anonymous said...

OMG! I can't believe you are leaving MCS! Your work is the only reason I signed up! I'm not sure what I'm going to do! Your work is so unlike everyone else's. I do wish you luck and hope you continue to scrapbook and blog!

patricia said...

this work is gorgeous.. Inspire me!

Cindy said...

Wow Gabrielle, these pages are Stunning!!! Your pages have such a feminine elegance to them, and you are truly a one of a kind artist! My creative scrapbook will hate to lose you I'm sure! Thanks for always sharing your lovely work, and have a wonderful day! :)

Julia said...

Oh Gabi your pages are just awesome.I love how you take time to explain how you do things teaching us all so much.Thank you so much for that. MCS will never be the same without you.But I understand why you have moved on and support you in your decision. Hugs x

Cheryl said...

As always your pages are breathtaking and just love how you take the time to explain how you do your techniques. You are the reason I joined MCS, with your beautiful layouts. Will miss you from there.

Unknown said...

Simply put....you are awesome! truly one of the best scrappers out there......please continue to post your LO's when you can, I just found this site, too :(

Susie said...

wow amazing layouts! so drop dead gorgeous

cendrillon said...

coucou
tu as fait de très belles pages
J'aime vraiment beaucoup ton scrap
bravo
bises

Дарья said...

Здравствуйте! У Вас очень красивые работы! Удачи!

Ward said...

Lovely work, you take awesome photos!

Гуля said...

Сегодня очень долго ходила по вашему блогу)) У вас потрясающие работы)) Мне так все нравится)) Восхищаюсь))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails