Friday, June 3, 2011

The Color Room Design Team!!

I'm so excited to announce that I have been asked to be on The Color Room Design Team!!  I've been a fan of this site for quite a while now, I just love the inspiration this site provides with it's weekly color combinations and it's amazing gallery of work done by all the awesome members there!

This weeks color palette runs in the teal blues, apple green, sky blue and smokey grey.  You can find the coler palette #61 HERE  The layout above is my take on this color palette.  I had so much fun with this one!  I had this photo of one of my nephews Jared, (he's the daddy of the two little babies you often see me scrapping), in it he was wearing the exact colors in the palette :)  ........What I really love about this design team is that it allows me to go through my old stash and make use of the piles of goodies I've accumulated over the years!  The pretty edge background paper is one that I bought a couple of years ago by Creative Imaginations. The greenish background paper is a Prima paper and the brocade is another Creative Imaginations paper.  The pleated apple green trim is one by Pink Paislee (I just added a crystal strip from Zva Creative), The chipboard is is of course Dusty Attic.  NOTE:  I'm gonig to put up a list in my right side column soon on resources in Canada & the USA for Dusty Attic as I know many of you are wanting to find these products.   I used some glass drops (I picked up from Michaels in the floral department on the page too along with some small glass beads)   Here are some close-ups of this page.....


I painted the above DA pieces with some aqua blue paint and then painted with some bronze 3D paint and stamped with a flourish stamp so the aqua shows up underneath the bronze.

So if you are looking for a great jump off point to start a layout this weekend, come have a peek at The Color Room and join in the fun!


29 comments:

Denni said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I love this layout - the colors and design are just perfect, and that fancy border paper is so pretty!

Sarah-R said...

Congratulations - and a beautiful layout!

Mieke said...

Congrats! That is a fun birthday present! lol!
Love your stunning layout.

~Etoile~ said...

Congratulations!!! You are so talented!!!
good for you.

Susan said...

A BIG congrats to you, my friend! They are very lucky to have you on board!! Beautiful layout...great colors!

Rachael Elliott said...

Well deserved Gabrielle, congratulations! Gorgeous page, love the colour combination.

Romy said...

Yay, huge congrats on making the TCR team, Gabi! That is such amazing news and you'll be a great addition to their talented team! Your layout is a stunner. I totally love the gears with the glass beads/jewels in it. And the wavy ribbon is so beautiful too.

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new DT! They're lucky to have you! This layout is AMAZING! I love everything about it!

Karen said...

Congratulations on making the team - they really do have wonderful inspiration - I have used it many times in my own scrapping!!

Side note about the Dusty Attic resources - I would love it if you would add my online store as one of them to your list. (www.leaveapapertrail.com) I recently started to carry Dusty Attic chipboard but am not on their link yet.

Thanks and Congratulations again - your layout is absolutely divine - as usual!!!!!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Big congrats dear Gabi!!!

Dianne H said...

Congratulations. Your layouts are stunning and so inspiring.

Patty O'Malley said...

Congrats, Gabi! I'm so glad there is another place to see your beautiful work. Love this layout and the colors. I was just admiring some jewelry in the department store today using these same color combinations.

Vicky Alberto said...

Congrats, love TCR too! The details in your layouts are always spectacular.

Lizzyc said...

oh how wonderful! i love poppin in here and now i will be treated to the color room color challenge.. look forward to seeing what you come up with each week!!
love this layout.. excellant male design and embellies..

Shell said...

Congrats Gabbi on becoming a design team member for TCR!! Great LO!

Barb Ghig said...

CONGRATS to you, Gabi!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous LO's at The Color Room! (((HUGS))) Barb Ghig

Steph Devlin said...

Gabi, so blessed to have your amazing talent at the Color Room ...... xo

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Congratulations Gabbi!!!! Who Would NOT want you in their DT?????

Gégé said...

Congrats, it's a great moment in your design life an i come there for the first time and your layouts are so beautiful!!!!
Gégé from France!!!

Unknown said...

hey friend big congrats hon!! and this is stunning cool design!!

and have a very wonderful week
hugs carla

Shona said...

big big congrats...I love the color room a nd have played t here for about the last 2 dozen palettes. Amazing layout love this one to bits :)

phamil said...

Oh Gabi, I'm so happy for you! TCR has a super DT and has some of my all time favs, and now it includes you, my friend!!! So happy for you, your amazing talent is perfect for them and I look forward to seeing your work with their palettes!!! Love this masculine page, he's a hottie, sorry, I know he's young, lol!!! Congrats, I'm so proud and happy for you!!!!! Hugs!!!

LG said...

Incredible job once again with this!Great color combination and the design is outstanding.

CaninosArtisticCafe said...

What a great layout, and a huge congratulations to you!!! Although I can't say as I'm surprised that they asked you as you are an amazing designer!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats Gabi!!!! You are a wonderful addition to their team! I wish I had half your ideas and time! LOL! Your creative brain must go nonstop!

The Dolphin Inn said...

Congrats on the new DT post Gabi, you are perfect, I always admire the way you use colour, another fab page, the colours and cogs are just perfect for a more masculine feel, take care sweetie xxx

Paulien van den Bosch said...

I thought I already had comment here, but nope....

BIG CONGRATS to you sweetie!!!!!!! And what an awesome page to start this new adventure. They are lucky to have you!!!!!!

Keren Tamir said...

As Usual another stunning page Gabi, I love all the ones you've made in the past month!!

debmuc said...

Love seeing manly pages - this is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails