Sunday, August 28, 2011

**NEW** Websters Pages!! & A Card for a Special Girl...

This is my first page working with the new Webster's Pages 'Western Romance' Collection!!  I got my design team package last week in the mail and was just giddy pulling out all the beautiful products that have just come out!  Yep! new cameo's (Silhouettes), GORGEOUS laces and trims! Soft and pretty bloomers and the cutest cameo pins!  If you like collection packs you are going to LOVE these new ones that Brandin has put together, this time around she has put in 2 of every patterned paper, 1 Die Cut paper (the one in the photo above is from the Western Romance collection), the alpha stickers (my Favourite scripted font!!), a sampling of the new WP Bling!, 2 x 12" strips of Bloomers, and some coordinating Fabric tickets!) I think these collection packs are a great bargin and give you a taste of so many of the pretty things Websters Pages makes. 

  I made this page up for my oldest daughter Chloe, she recently turned 13 and although I don't like to put a lot of emphasis on 'outward' beauty when dealing with my children, I had to make up this page because as I was looking at these pic's I recently took of her, it dawned on me how Chloe doesn't follow the trend of so many of her classmates in wearing heavy eyeshadow and liner, dark lipstick and a lot of makeup.....yep, so many of the 13 year olds I'm seeing are just over the top with trying to look older.  I'm grateful that Chloe is happy to just put on a little lip balm and off she goes.  The emphasis of the title is not so much the 'beauty' but the 'natural' part.  To me her beauty comes from her inner self, the kindness she shows to others and how she applies herself to her schooling and studies.
Supplies used on this page:
Webster's Pages papers (Western Romance Collection), WP alphas, WP Silhouettes, WP Bloomers, WP Trim (gold lace along bottom edge and gathered to make bloom in top right corner), Dusty Attic Chipboard (circle frame), Baroque corners (framing the cameo piece), cardstock.
Here are a few close-ups...


I have one more project to share with you and that is a card I made for a very special little girl.  Olivia is a little girl who would be starting kindergarten in a few days but is presently in the hospital undergoing surgery for a brain tumor in a very critical part of her brain.  Her family has asked if we would be kind enough to send her some cards to cheer her up.  Here is a link to her story Olivia  Here is the card I made for her and will be sending off in the morning...

If you would like to join in and send this sweet child a card you can send it to this address:

Cards For Olivia

c/o Stacy Rodriguez

3122 9 1/2 Street

Rock Island, Illinois

61201

Thanks for stopping by! And a big thank-you for all the kind comments, I love to hear your feed back on the work I share!

38 comments:

Rachael Elliott said...

Beautiful page Gabrielle and I love how you have used the new papers! Gorgeous card too, will follow the link :)

Patricia SPI said...

De toute beauté cette nouvelle page ! Quel talent !

Shona said...

gorgeous layout and card...love that new collection.

Melissa said...

Stunning,stunning, stunning layout!! I love all the pink. How wonderful for you to make that beautiful card for that special little girl, your children will learn from your example and continue to be beautiful on the inside! Thanks for always sharing your fabulous projects with everyone!

Romy said...

You're right: Chloe is a real natural beauty, she looks so beautiful with just a bit of lipbalm on:) And your layout is a true beauty too! I absolutely love all the soft pink and your use of the trims and bloomers. The flower you made with a combination of these two looks stunning:)

Romy said...

Oops, how could I forget commenting on your stunning card?! How sweet of you to create such a gorgeous number for this little girl. Thank you so much for the link too, I'm definitely going to create her a little something too:)

Unknown said...

This is stunning! x Leigh x

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Gabrielle!!!

Sou apaixonada por seus trabalhos (LO) e tudo que fazes. A sua filha Chloe deve ter ficado muito feliz, que cada LO que fazes fica perfeito, ela é linda como a mãe!!! PARABÉNS !!

Beijos

krcmasterpiece said...

I love all the little extra's in your LO. They work together to make one fantastic work of art!
The pearls, flowers, stitching...all take time.
Thanks for sharing!

I've become a follower. Hope you'll join my blog: www.krcmasterpiece.blogspot.com

Crafty Loops said...

Wow, what a page. Everything is just so pretty. Im like a kid in a sweet shop!! "Ohhh, I want that....Ohhhh look at that!", heehee. Really pretty. Lee xx

Trudi said...

Gorgeous layout, love all of your pretty little details. I will be sending off a card for Olivia. Thanks for sharing

Geraldine said...

Gorgeous layout and card, so many wonderful details. Best wishes, Geraldine.

Cindy Gay said...

Simply elegant page and card.

Tanya said...

What a stunning layout! And your card is gorgeous!

Aline Fonseca said...

Your pages are like a dream! So enchanted!

Jolaine Frias said...

WOW Gabi! This page is amazing!!!!! I love how you designed your whole layout around the gorgeous picture! The card is just as amazing and your attention to detail is obvious in both projects. So sweet and kind of you!

cheryl said...

Such a beautiful page and pic The card is so cute too

Emily D. said...

Gorgeous layout.... your daughter is gorgeous as well. I really love that she doesn't buy into all of the makeup stuff either. I hope my daughter is the same way. She is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Simply stunning....Gorgeous photo

Charlotte said...

Really beatiful. Love thar you use the same color in different shades

unni's scrappeboble said...

WOOOW, soooo beautyful :))))

Lizzyc said...

hi.. such a beautiful layout with elegance and femininity and your daughter is a natural beauty.. she really does shine in those photos.. your layouts are always full of loveliness and softness and a delight to call by.. i wish all the best for the dear little girl.. may God grant her healing and a long life..xx

Stacy said...

Your layout is simply fabulous!!! Thank you so much for posting about the card drive, your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I know she will love it :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout, Gabi! I`m in awe!!!

LisiB said...

Ohhhhhh, ahhhhhhh, just so pretty! I love the sweet colors of the new papers and your daughter is really a beauty! Thank you for sharing and inspiring my obsession.

Amanda M said...

What a beautiful page! I find your style always inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing Olivia's story as well. My daughter and I will be making a couple cards to send to her today. It's a very sweet thing you've done for her.

Pendra said...

Truly lovely, love all the lace, pearls and stitching... you have so much patience and it shows in your work! Chloe is a beautiful girl, just like her mother and it was so nice of you to make your beautiful card and post about Olivia... I will follow the link! I almost forgot (I got lost in your work), I got your package in the mail Saturday... all so lovely! Thanks so much, you are such a sweetie!
Hugs,
Pendra

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

your work is amazing ! I love this. The layout is wonderful and the card is STUNNING !!!! You're a great artist !

Limor Webber said...

Gasp!!! your work in unreal!!! your work inspires me Amazing!

Sue said...

My mouth just closed. Unbelievable!!!!

tracy said...

I have been a huge fan of yours for a while now. Your pages are always my favorites. I was wondering how you made the pink cardstock background sheet. Did you trace the pattern from the webster's pages paper and then cut? If so you did an amazing job. Please do a tutorial on this. I would also love a tutorial on the layout before this how you made the outside waves. I know how you crinkled the paper but what did you use to cut it in the first place. Anyway your card and your layout are fabulous just stunning a perfect tribute to your daughter and a sick little girl. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring.

BabyBokChoy said...

very very very gorgeous!

Ellen said...

This is so so beautiful, love The Western Romance Collection, it's gorgeous !!
Hugs, Ellen

Renee V said...

Wow, these are both so gorgeous, VERY inspirational!! I hope to make a card for Olivia tonight, thanks for posting the link and addy.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning work! I miss working on Webster's....Every project you create is amazing!
XXX
Mandy

Eila Sandberg said...

This has to be an echo echo of everything the previous ladies have written Gabi, like so many of them I've been a fan for a long time and each new layout has brought out many oooh's and aaah's. WP is just the perfect match for you and you work their products to perfection. Thanks ever so much for sharing both this gorgeous page and the beautiful card, you really do have such a kind and beautiful heart! xoxoxo

Michelle said...

These are so beautiful!! What a special card to send! The LO is gorgeous as well. I love the message too. I too have a 13 yr old girl where all of her friends are into the heavy make up and what not. Mine is not, but is getting pressure from her friends. I am going to show her your page.

Yeseniaguxn said...

My mouth just closed. Unbelievable!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails