Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Maja Designs ~ January Mood Board Challenge!

I'm really excited to show you all my first project with Maja Designs!  Every first Tuesday of the month Maja puts out this cool challenge called the Mood Board Challenge.  This is a board created by Jenny Grotherus our super talented design team coordinator filled with inspiration to help you create a beautiful page full of gorgeous color, texture and perhaps journal inspiration as well.  Below is the mood board for January...I chose to use the 'shades of blue', 'warming browns', 'torn', 'some stitches', 'hand journaling', 'plaid' and 'crisp air' as my inspiration points.  And I just loved the inspiration poem as well!  It put me in mind of this photo I recently got of my two great nieces, riding these stone elephants....it's so true how children find such joy in simple things and how the world around us can move us to feel like children again.
I used the beautiful and perfectly distressed Maja Designs collections called 'Life in the Country' and 'Vintage Summer Basics' to make up this page.  I chose papers from these two collections but they also have a wonderful Vintage Winter collection that is filled with these pretty blues and browns.  Here are some close-up's of the page showing some of the detail work....
The intricate chipboard flourish in the corner of the photo is another NEW Dusty Attic piece called Vine Corner and the flourish at the bottom is called Scroll #10.  I'm always amazed at how incredibly detailed Dusty Attic gets with their chipboard!
 Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Maja Designs, (Life in the Country 6x6 paper pad)(Vintage Summer Basics)
Chipboard: Dusty Attic Designs (Vine Corner, Scroll #10)
Flowers: Prima, Dusty Attic
Alphabet stickers: Websters Pages
Martha Stewart Edge/corner punches (Swirling Lace)
 
I've already been asked by many of you where you can find these beautiful papers.  They do have a Store Finder at their website, all you have to do is click the flag for your country and you'll get a list of vendors carrying the Maja products.  I do have to say for those of us in North America the pickens are thin right now so my best advice would be to let your local scrapbook store know of your interest in these collections.  I find most local stores are very interested in knowing what products people would like for them to bring in.  I do believe there are a number of online stores in the other countries as well that would probably ship to North America as well.
 
For more information on the Mood Board challenges and to see more layouts made by the design team with this months mood board you can check out todays blog post at the Maja blog :)
 

19 comments:

Sandra said...

Gabrielle this is the most beautiful layout with all the chippies you've chosen and the colours are amazing.

Romy said...

It is such an amazing lay-out! You have done a w onderful job with these colours and all your tiny details are just so pretty.
Wishing you a very happy 2013!

Danii said...

Gorgeous layout :-)
Hugs, Danii

Lizzyc said...

Happy New Year!! Where do I start with this.. this is stunning, really beautiful, love the DA chippies, the flowers and pearls.. really beautiful.. I hope this year is a good one for you and your family!

morkaren said...

Flot LO, og hvor har du brugt den lyse blå farve fra elefanterne flot i hele LOet. knus morkaren.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a stunning page!! This photo couldn't be more adorable!! Happy New Year! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Patty O'Malley said...

Again, your work takes my breath away! So beautiful! I love this color palette and that inspiration poem!

Pysselbus said...

Absolutly stunning work!!! Love the design and the layout... Fantastic embelleshing as well! Congrats on you assignment as DT for Maja Design!
Hugs
Linda

mow180 said...

Another beautiful layout. You really have a glorious talent!

Lynn said...

Wow..what a way to start off 2013 Gabi! Your layout is amazing. I can't say enough about your gorgeous style. Congrats on your new team!! Happy New Year my friend!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Wow! This is so beautiful!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a beautiful layout.
Wishing you a Wonderful and Happy Year 2013.

Debi said...

Just stunning, your work is always so inspiring, love the idea of those mood boards too, happy 2013, debi x

Keren Tamir said...

sooooooooooooo beautiful Gabi!! love the design and such a gorgeous LO!! they are so lucky to have you!!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous page Gabi!! looove all the details!!!
hugs!

Carole Wright said...

Hi Gabi, wow this is truly amazing, sooo pretty. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU. Hugs Caroleanne

Evgenia Petzer said...

amazing LO!

tree said...

Lovely to say the least.

scrapsylz said...

I hope you don't my lifting this gorgeous layout. It has been on one of my pinterest boards for a while now, and I finally got the time to create my own layout, using yours as inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails