Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I'll Love You Forever {Maja Design Mood Board Inspiration}

Today I'm sharing a layout I made inspired by the  Maja Design May Mood Board.   I chose the soft greens in the Mood Board (shown below) and let the words like 'checkered table cloth', 'green', 'scent of grass', 'fabric', 'white' and 'flowers' be my inspirational words.  The title of this layout comes from one of my favourite childrens books that I used to read to my girls called "I'll Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch, a well known Canadian author.  It's one of those sweet books that is a challenge to read without getting teary eyed. 
 
 
I used a variety of papers from the "Life in the Country Collection to make my little heart designs.  I really like the little 6x6 paper pad for making little designs like these if I don't have little scraps from my 12x12 papers to work with.
Funny how sometimes some designs just create themselves: I had machine stitched each of the heart designs, planning to cut off the excess threads but when I placed them down on the page to see what order I'd put them in I realized I liked the look of the threads hanging there like that, looking like soft little streamers hanging from the blooms!
 
I chose to go with a monochromatic color scheme for this page, so all the embellishments and blooms I picked were in the fresh white or soft green color spectrum.  I wanted to keep the page soft and delicate so I picked some very intricate pieces of chipboard to pair up with the embellishments from from Dusty Attic.  I finished the design with tiny cut butterflies from the "Vintage Spring Basic's" collection.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Life In the Country (Summer Fields-bs, Sowing Seeds-bs, Kitchen Garden, Kitchen Garden-bs, In the Hammock, In the Hammock-bs), Vintage Spring Basics (6th of May, 7th of April-bs).  Rub-on's: Basic Grey Flourishes.  Chipboard: Dusty Attic Designs (Vine Border, Ornate Arched WIndows, Cameo Ribbon Slides and Decorative Frame #1).  Flowers: Dusty Attic (Dusty In Bloom, Grassy Knoll, Dusty Leaves), White blooms (Michael's bargain bin).  Cameo: Websters Pages.  Other: Burlap, twine, lace. Alpha's: Websters Pages Storytellers.
 
There is so much inspiration to be had from the Mood Board!  I loved the fresh and pretty summery colors, berry reds, grass greens and bright whites.  I used these colors and the sweet poem and inspirational words to create the card below...
Again, I used a variety of papers from the "Life in the Country" collection and layered them on for this card.  I wanted to incorporate a berry design on the page and even went to the trouble of looking for berry elements or stickers at my local craft store....but couldn't find a thing!  So when I got home I started digging through a jar of odds and ends that I have and found these two glass drops! Perfect to make cherries!
 
I hope you give this fun May Mood Board a try!  For full details on the Mood Board Challenge you can find it here at the Maja Blog!  And don't forget to check out all the other designs our talented design team girls came up with for this board! xo

29 comments:

Kerry-Jean Watson said...

The 12" layout is stunning

Di Garling said...

Beautiful layout Gabrielle, love everything about it. Cheers Di xo

Блоха Ольга said...

Oh, Gabriella, for several years, as I am your fan, I love your work, your scrapbook pages, it is a miracle! I would like to sit down and create the same story! I will be very pleased if you look at my blog! My name is Olga and I live in Russia.
http://blohaolga.blogspot.ru/

Ros Crawford said...

These creations are stunning ... I'm in awe of your talent!

Margaret Mifsud said...

I love the monochromatic color scheme on your layout Gabrielle, so soft and pretty. A really lovely page, and your card really is sweet. Love them both. ox Marg

Настя Солнечная (ТМ СКРАПБУРГ) said...

It's so amaizing!!!

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! (green is my fav. color:) The Maja greens are so beautiful! and your l/o is perfect as always:) Love the 3-D and textural feel.
You are so right about designs 'creating themselves' as w/the "heart strings" ~ 'Un-intentionals' can sometimes be the best focal design on the page! This is so lovely, thank you for sharing & teaching, all at the same time~

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Gabrielle!!!

Seu LO está magnífico!!! Parabéns pelas sua criações.

Beijos

Lynn said...

I love the monochromatic color scheme and all the elements in your layout. So soft and pretty! Your card is so adorable too.. those cherries are just too cute!

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Hi Gabrielle,you succeeded well in keeping your LO soft and delicate,what a pretty page and the loose ends from the hearts are great. Your berry on the card loks a lot like a candy for children from wine-gum here in Holland so at first I thought that you glued a candy on your card*LOL* It looks very fresh and pretty,have a nice day and thank you for sharing,greetings Miranda

LISA said...

Stunning design Gabi!!! Such a beautiful layout. This one is so inspirational for me. Well, they all are, but this one is beautiful! Almost looks like a canvas. Your obsession for hearts lately makes me happy!! xo

Romy said...

The love for your daughter just shines through this lay-out! It turned out so gorgeous! I love the soft green and all the pretty hearts. Your card looks totally pretty too. Love the cherry!

Paper Profusion said...

Totally stunning Gabrielle! Nicola x

Sarah-R said...

Love this Gabi! Just read this book to my son for the first time last week.....was so choked up I could barely finish!

Sandra said...

Gaby I love the monochromatic scheme so much, you're work is so beautiful I just wish I could replicate it. There's so much to see on this page, just gorgeous.

Patty O'Malley said...

Always a pleasure coming here! Love the layout and the strings hanging from the heart. And that card is so beautiful! Love the pretty lace, cherries and the bit of chicken wire.

Unknown said...

Your work is surreal.

Beverley said...

Gabrielle Pollacco/Hearts/Dusty Attic/Maja Designs ... surely a match made in heaven!! And that is not to mention your beautiful daughter. What magnificent albums you have created for your precious girls Gabi. Thanks yet again/xx

Wanda said...

Beautiful work as always. Thanks for sharing.

Dorthe said...

What a beautiful page! And such a sweet card too.
Your style is AMAZING!! You always create the most stunning projects.
Thanks for sharing! xox

Linda Langes said...

Oh my lord Gabrielle - I loooooove this! It just seems to have such beautiful flow about it - great job!

Luisa said...

Wow, I love every single element of this layout, from the color scheme and well you execute it, the hearts, down to the sweet little butterfly on the bottom. Great work! Speaking of the butterfly, how did you apply it to make it look as if it was picking up the paper... that detail is just blowing me away!!!

Lizzyc said...

Oh such beautiful creations, Your layout is so pretty with an elegance and a sophistication, I love the soft green hues, love the hearts and the flow of the chipboard vine along the bottom.. and the card is gorgeous.. the cherries are well, the icing on the cake with cherries on top!!

KellyCreates said...

That soft palette is so beautiful but it's your precious details and embellishments that make all your projects so wonderful!

Naiara said...

Wonderful layout!!!
Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love this layout immensely! The wispy tendrils, the Cameo, the green! Thank you!

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle

WOW, i love every little detail on your beautifull LO. There is a lot of love on with all the hearts.
I thought that you put some candy berry's on your card, it looks so real like the gummi berry's, its a lovely card.
Have a nice weekend.

Hugs, Danoesja

Unknown said...

Gorgeous creations Gabrielle,I do look forward to seeing your posts they are so inspirational.Jacqueline.S

AtStudioD said...

Everything is just so perfect and beautiful! Your layouts take my breath away every time!

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.

x0, D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails