Saturday, June 1, 2013

I'm This Month's Guest Designer at Scraps of Elegance!!

I was so delighted when I received my guest design team package from Scraps of Elegance Kit Club for the month of June!  This kit was packed with gorgeous papers (2 of each! love that!) and so many beautiful and fun embellishments and mixed media elements as well!   
 
For my first project with this kit I made this layout of one of my daughters (Chloe) and her BFF Peyton.  I made it according to the sketch design for June.  The sketch is made by their talented sketch designer Suepup!  Here is a copy of her lovely sketch (below) 

I love the way SOE combines many different paper collections (there are 3 in this kit) and has them all matching perfectly!  Sometimes it's not easy to match pink tones, but each paper is a perfect compliment to the other in this kit!  I love the Prima blooms in this kit, so I combined these with some fussy cut flowers in the Websters Pages papers.  I added a couple of Dusty Attic chipboard pieces to finish off the page (an ornate frame and a corner vine).  For the frame, I painted the whole thing white, then gave the edges some soft distressing with some brown chalk ink and then used a pearly white 3D paint (Scribbles, found in the Tshirt section at Michaels) to give the frame a resin look.
Don't you just love these shabby-chic little tags in this kit?  They come blank so that you can add any design that you like to them.  For this page I just cut out a small rose design from one of the patterned papers and glued it to the tag.  You can use stamps and rub-on's as well to decorate these tags! 
Here's a close-up of the Dusty Attic vine corner I added tot he page.  For this I kept it really simple and just used a green ink pad to tint the piece, a super easy way to color an very intricate chipboard design.

There is also a package of these cute cute music note paper clips from Prima's Lyric collection in the kit.  I dressed up mine with a couple of adhesive gems.

For my second project I used this really cool Crafter's Workshop mask that was in the kit.  It has a fan shape with a vine/flourish design.  This combined with the awesome Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst spray (also in the kit) inspired me to create a mixed media style page!  I began my design by first doing some random stamping on the page with some script/text stamps from my stash (Bo Bunny background stamps, 7Gypsies Distress Stamps).  I then did some random spritzing with the Lindy's spray (around the area of my photo placement) and added a little bit of Donna Salazar Mixed Media Distress Ink (Honey). 
I then took the Crafters Workshop mask and using the home-made texture paste recipe (you can find the recipe in the side column of my blog under tutorials), I applied the paste to the mask, allowing bits of my stampwork to show through underneath.  I added a bit more spray and ink with the paste dried. 
In the photo above you can see how I used a rub-on to add a coordinating design to the Tim Holtz tag from the hit.  There is also some really fun color chipboard in the kit, I love the polka dot arrow design in the chipboard collection included in the kit! (the title is a sticker from my stash - Heidi Swapp). 
I added a couple of chipboard pieces from my own stash as well.  The circle frame is Dusty Attic as is the vine/flourish....the flourish is acutally a corner flourish that I cut to suit my page design.  I again ust inked the piece with green ink and edged with a chocolate brown.  I then used Dusty Attic Gloss Medium to add a glossy texture...I applied it randomly rather than in one smooth finish.
 
And finally I made this page using one of the pretty patterned papers in the kit from Prima.  My husband and I celebrated our 33 wedding anniversary last week and I wanted to save the beautiful cards I got from my girls and my dear husband, so I made up this page, with a pocket on the back inwhich I could keep the cards.

There are some cute butterflies in this kit from the awesome and talented Renea Bouquet (Renea Harrison) in this kit!  I used one of her butterflies and the actual packaging (the black flourish design above the photo) to decorate the page. 
I used a used a small chipboard accent from Dusty attic to underscore the photo (again, just painted white, edged with brown chalk ink and finished with Dusty Attic Crackle Medium)
 
If you would like to get your hands on this gorgeous June Kit, you can find more information on the kit HERE.  I know you'll enjoy it as much as I have!
 

13 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

How do you do it?!! I am always in awe! Pure eye candy! Love, love, love these!

Ульяна и Полина said...

Очень красиво!!!

Sue said...

Congratulations on the guest DT spot - how lucky are they to have you!! What I can say about these gorgeous creations. The detail is stunning and the elements exquisitely placed. I love your work Gabrielle.

Romy said...

I was so excited to see you guest designing for us! You have done truly stunning work with this kit. I seriously love each one of your feminine lay-outs!

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Gabrielle!!!

Sou apaixonada pelos seus trabalhos!!! Todos os LO's estão belíssimos!!! Parabéns!!!

Beijos

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Wow Gabriella,I love the variety of projects you are showing here,the first one is so romantic and I think the second one looks a little more bold,very inspiring! greetings Miranda

Sandi Clarkson said...

So heavenly, Gabi! Love all the chippy work! While I'm here, hope you are having a lovely birthday today!

Becky said...

Wow..These are just stunning Gabriella.

langeatheart said...

I love how each layout is just full of subtle details and personal touches each and every one is gorgeous!

Lizzyc said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL.. So pretty, so wonderfully designed and embellished.. love all of these!

Maisie Moonshine said...

Simply stunning! Congrats on your Guest DT - they couldn't have picked a better artist! I've really enjoyed looking at all the beautiful details on your layouts - there's so much to see I'm off for another look! MMx

Keren Tamir said...

beautiful inspiration as always Gabi!!

Anonymous said...

I sure do love the mix of colors offered here!
Beautiful and elegant~
All your mixed media is so creative; every detail beautiful~
Thanks for sharing!! ~Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails