Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Scrapping with Yellow! {With Maja Design & My Little Yellow Bicycle!}

When I first saw this sweet daffodil paper from the Maja 'Vintage Spring Basics' collection I just knew I had to scrap this photo I took of my youngest daughter a couple of years ago.  There is a little forest we walk in, close to our home and come Spring there are huge patches of daffodils growing in it.  Meagan always keeps an eye out, just waiting for them to bloom so she can pick a little bouquet for her room.

 
For this layout I played a little with some mixed media.  I did a little bit of masking with some texture paste and did a little stamping and dry brushing as well with some coordinating paints.

I wanted to do a little bit of misting first but didn't have the right color, so I used some Dusty Attic paint in a 'Bisque' color that I thought nicely complimented the yellows in the background paper.  I then adhered my photo to the page and dry-brushed a little more paint over the edges of my photo to kind of fade it into the background.  The next layer I added is some random stamping.  I used  text stamp from Bo Bunny and another ledger stamp from 7 Gypsies.  The final layer I added was a texture paste design in random places around the photo and in one corner of my page where I would add some extra accents.  I finished things off with some adhesive pearls by Recollections.

I wanted to use some natural/neutral accents on the page as well, so I used a whole bunch of goodies from the My Little Yellow Bicycle 'Naturals' collection.  I used the smaller of the Cork Tags, as well as the Wood Buttons (Etched), the Tiny Clothspins (words),  and the Cork Alphas.  I just love these embellishments, they can fit in with any color layout. NOTE: Just a little FYI!  My Little Yellow Bicycle Store is selling everything in it at 25% off till the end of June, you just use this code MYLYB50, so get while the gettin's good!  You can find the store HERE
 
I didn't have any yellow blooms in my stash so I made my own flowers using some yellow felt I had in my supplies.  These are so easy-peasy to make!  You can find the tutorial on how to make these in the right side panel of my blog under my tutorials.
 
Supplies:
  Patterned Paper - Vintage Spring Basics (1st of March, 8th of March-bs, 7th of April, 6th of May), Blooms - handmade (tutorial at Such a Pretty Mess blog), Cork Tag, Cork Alpha's, Natural Wood Buttons, Clothspeg (My Little Yellow Bicycle), Chipboard - Dusty Attic Designs (Small Scroll), Paint - Dusty Attic, Bird Trinket - Prima Marketing, Stamps - Bo Bunny Background Stamps, 7 Gypsies, Websters Pages Diamond Tag Stamp, Texture Paste - home-made (Recipe can be found at Such a Pretty Mess blog), Other: Lace trim (off the roll), Mask: from Michaels (Americana).
 
I just love that you can scrap so many color combinations with this paper collection!  I've done layouts in blue, pink, lilac, yellow and taupe with this collection.  Have you tried it yet?
 

19 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

How gorgeous! Love the masking and the cork tag as well as your handmade flowers. I think the papers in this line look so pretty!

Lizzyc said...

Oh so beautiful.. I love the use of the different textures like the cork and felt, and the pops of yellow are stunning, love the background details too.. another beautiful layout!!

langeatheart said...

Gorgeous! Love the masking have to try your texture paste almost out of mine and pennies count! love the Little Bicycle elements! oxox

Блоха Ольга said...

Very beautiful scrapbook page! Working with photos baby daughter carry a lot of positive minutes! inspire your work, thank you!!

Romy said...

This is such a perfect spring page for that really sweet photo! I just love your use of fresh colours combined with the cork and more neutral tones. Fabulous work, Gabi!

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

wow even in yellow you make a beautiful LO,very lovely,greetings Miranda

Samantha said...

Those Maja Design papers look glorious!! and I love daffodils too, only it is too hot here to grow them successfully!. Gorgeous page Gabi x

Lynn said...

I love how you combined Maja and LYB Gabi.. your project is gorgeous!! And your homemade flowers.. amazing!!

Debi said...

stunning!!!

busybee101 said...

Amazing!, you are such a inspiration to me, never stop!!

chrissie said...

Very beautiful with marvelous textures

Love Chrissie xx

Wanda said...

Beautiful as always. So talented. Thanks for sharing. I have learned a lot from your blog over the years and use a lot of your techniques. Really appreciate it.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a gorgeous layout! Your flowers are beautiful and I love how you used the LYB!!!

sue smyth said...

Gabi
that is the first time I have seen a felt embellie that I have liked. I am going to have to do these too.

Vicky Alberto said...

Saw this on Sb.com - gorgeous lo and roses!

Anonymous said...

Love this!! So sweet and spring-fun:) Love your hand made flowers and the stamping you did~ adds so much to the over-all look.
Thanks for sharing your work and details!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love all the texture you added...it just makes me feel like I can walk right into the page. The photo is gorgeous, and captures the innocence and beauty of your daughter. I love the way you used all the embellies...particularly the upside down tag!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!!! Congratulations, Kiss from Spain.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Totally adorable photo and totally stunning page. Love the background detail and those felt flowers are gorgeous. ox

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails