Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Fussy Cut Spring Florals {Webster's Pages}

 
For me, my favorite Spring products are the beautiful botanicals/florals in the Websters Pages  patterned papers.  I have to admit I always feel a little thrill when I know that Brandin O'Neill is at the drawing board working on a new collection.  One thing I know is that there will always be gorgeous floral's in the collection papers, designs that are perfect for fussy cutting and embellishing with.  For me, that collection this time around was 'Growing Up Girl'....I actually used 7 papers for this page!  It's been a super snowy and cold winter here in Canada this year so I am really looking forward to Spring!  So I wanted this layout to be all about the warmth and happiness of Spring.  It's a time to get back into shape, get outdoors, exercise and just breathe!  ....I did lots of fussy cutting of the many beautiful floral images in the patterned papers. 
 
 
It was March break here in Canada, the kids are off school so when I sat down one night (watching Elementary on TV) and began cutting out images from the 'Embrace Life' and 'Make a Wish' papers, my daughter Chloe couldn't resist picking up a pair of scissors and joining me in clipping out all the pretty designs.  Chloe's favorite was that little pink and white butterfly (above).
 
 
I love the freshness polka dots add to a Spring layout, so I used the dotted side of the 'See the World' paper, tearing of little snippits of the paper and used it as a edger for my page design.   I just love that big large cabbage rose image as well, with thelittle green/white/rose color hydrangeas!
 
 
I'm trying to get myself to journal a little more on my pages.  So for this page I just handwrote a few key ideas on one of the patterned papers, matted with the pink paper and stacked the words.  (the locket is another sweet image I cut out from the patterned papers).  The love arrow is a new design from Dusty Attic Designs (as is the swirly vine design beside it). 
 
 
The flower is a random loose bloom I had lying around in my stash from an old Recollections pack, and the twine is from a Websters Pages 'Quick Pix' packet. The cute li'l light bulb design is a paper clip from the 'Sprinkled with Love ' collection from Websters Pages.
 
Websters Pages Supplies used on this project:
Patterned Paper:  Growing Up Girl (Embrace Life-both sides, Make a Wish, See the World, Express Yourself, Honor Yourself, Dress to Impress, Live Out Loud-background paper)
Embellishments: Sprinkled with Love (Light bulb Paperclips)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I really appreciated all the lovely feedback!
 

19 comments:

Amarilys said...

amazing layout! LOVE the fuzzy cut blooms! they are gorgeous!

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Hi Gabrielle, I love this page, it's light and bright, full of spring love the "runners, gym shoes" too. Hugs xx

Gitte said...

Wow beautiful layout.

Kathy G. said...

So beautiful and "fresh". It does make we hopeful for spring. The photo is adorable.

Becky said...

wow, what an awesome page. Who would have thought a photo of all stars could look so fabulous! :)

Анна Немирович said...

Ярко и нежно, настоящая весна! Очень красивая страничка!

DivaMom96 said...

Truly a beautiful page! I share your love of florals - great job with your fussy cutting.

But I especially LOVE the photo - what a brilliant idea. Definitely going to "borrow" your idea. Awesome!

Hilde said...

I realy love this layout!! And the photo is just soo cool!

Anonymous said...

Perfect balance of 'girl' all the way around!
Love the cabbage rose and beautiful pprs-- (and how you
found a great place to sneak in a bit of drywall tape!)
How bright and refreshing; inking the edges of the dot ppr
with that pretty rose color! ~Gorgeous L/O!

Romy said...

I also love All Stars and I truly adore your lay-outs, so I absolutely love this lay-out :) It's such a beautiful and fresh page with lovely rmantic touches. I just love the touches of burlap that you incorporated.

Patty O'Malley said...

This is so pretty, Gabi! Love the clean, fresh look of it!

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is fresh and vibrant and your fussy cut images are wonderfully placed around your layout too.. I love fussy cutting!! Love the spring feel to the colors too.. love this!!

Paula Calvanico said...

I love how you layer and group all your elements. Just a bright pretty happy page :)

Paula xoxo

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning page Gabrielle, so fresh and lovely!! Love the contrast between the shabyy sneaker backs and the very feminine surrounds ... brilliant!! Gorgeous fussy cut blooms and fabulous textures!! Beautiful work as always!! ox

mommyx2 said...

Wow again!!! Gorgeous layout! Now if I can just find time to sit down and fussy cut :)!!

Eva Olmo said...

Wowwww, great layout! I love it!
Kisses

Palemoon4 said...

WOW! So very beautiful. I love everything you do as it is always done with love and warm feelings felt by the one admiring your work.

zandra said...

Always love your work! so, beautiful!
Hugz,
Zandra

Domnic Ruiz said...

I saw your videos on YouTube and came to your site, I am inspired to create some of my own with my daughter. I think this is a great father and daughter activity, great work.
Dominic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails