Monday, March 10, 2014

Speaking of Love {Dusty Attic Designs}

 
I decided this weekend I would dig through some of my older stash in creating this page....so some of the pieces are new, but I dug through some older papers (like Basic Grey, Capella papers and stickers), some old MME (My Minds Eye) with a dash of Maja and 7 Dots (The Background paper is from the Dreamer collection, a paper called Sleepless). 
 
I rarely use sketches when I make up a layout because I'm usually trying to feature certain products so I let the products be my inspiraton.  But in this case was inspired by a sketch I saw on Pinterest by Tinci Designs....it was actually a sketch made for digital kits, but I really liked the design and thought it would work well with the Dusty Attic large Film Strip chippie I've been wanting to use.  Here is a picture of Tinci's Digital kit sketches...
 
I used the sketch in the top right corner.  If you are interested in digital kits you can find her link HERE.

I used the film strip as the bridge tothe two design clusters and kind of a title space as well. I painted all my chipboard pieces with white gesso (two coats) and did a little random stamping on them with word and script stamps. I also edged with some soft brown chalk in as well.

 
I used one of my favorite little scroll chippies in the bottom right corner of the page as well.  I love the light airy filligree look the fine cut chipboard gives to a page.  The cute little natural/lavender floral cluster is from Tresors de Luxe.

 
I've had this Dusty Attic Bracket Frame set for years in my stash and only this weekend got to using it!   I used one of the smaller frames in the set to frame my photo. 
 
 
I used a really intricate and beautiful border chip from Dusty Attic called 'Sweet Pea Border' for the left side of the page design. (it is not pictured in the supplies photo below because a photo was not available online, but you can get it at the website).  I added a few adhesive pearls to finish the look.
 
I also did a bit of inking on the page with some colors that I picked out from the background paper (7 Dots Studios Dreamer/Sleepless) ....I wanted to feature the teal blues with the soft pinky/lavender.  So I did a little inking with Donna Salazer Distress Inkpad (Denim), Versa Magic Chalk Ink (Spring Pansy) and did a little spritzing with Lindys Starburst Spray (Steampunk Sepia).  And I added some texture with my home-made texture paste and a Crafters Workshop Stencil called 'Art Is'.
 
Dusty Attic Supplies used in this project:
~ Bracket Frame Set
~ Sweet Pea Border
~ Small Scrolls
~ Dusty Roses - Eggplant
~ Film Strip
 
I hope you enjoyed my Dusty Attic project today and hope that you feel inspired to create a project using beautiful Dusty Attic products!  As always I just want you all to know you can find retailers for Dusty Attic in the right side column of my blog (under the Dusty Attic DT photo of me), and I can let you know as well that I was recently at Natasha's Shop 'Moments of Tranquility' and she has a nice big selection of DA products available for online shopping there.  xo
 

13 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your lay-out is stunning, love your blog, thanks for the inspiration!

Becky said...

wow, another stunning page!

langeatheart said...

This is stunning! A perfect balance of shabby chic and mixed media! Thanks for showing us how it's done! All the best!

Romy said...

Wow, this is as gorgeous as everything that I stumble upon on your blog :) I just love the colours here and your beautiful mixing and matching of different papers and embellishments.

Anonymous said...

OMW! Gabi this l/o has everything!
I find myself at a loss as to where to begin~
OK, Megs is SUCH a doll!: )
The soft dreamy colors and layers are
a treat to the eyes; and your work
with the DA chips is amazing as always!
Thanks so much for sharing details!
What a tremendous help! You are inspiring~

Patty O'Malley said...

Breathtaking, of course! You never disappoint! I love the script stencil and the delicate chipboard. That lavender flower cluster is beautiful. I still think you need to write a book.

Beverley said...

Just SO "pretty"!! Your textures and colors are stunning. Must have been fun for you to use just whatever you chose ... and what a result!! (Isn't that photo just adorable?). Thanks for heaps of inspiration Gabi!

Lizzyc said...

Wow, I am totally loving this layout, and those sketches are awesome to use as inspiration.. you really capture the essence of the beautiful photo with your lovely embellishments and colors.. love this one too..

Davi said...

A gorgeous LO, you do such a fabulous job of combining all the elements, real eyecandy :)

Goyi Rodriguez said...

Un trabajo, como siempre impecable y maravilloso!!!!

Lanette said...

So beautiful!!

Teresa said...

Another superb page with gorgeous elements, thanks for the inspiration.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi Gabi. Stunning layouts as always. You finally answered the question I always wanted to ask. Do you use sketches? Now I know. Your work is so inspirational. I have been trying to get some of the Dusty Attic products. Most are sold out. I buy from Natasha. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration and stopping by my blog. So honored.
Huggies
xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails