Monday, July 28, 2014

I've Got an Article Pubbed in Scrap 365 Magazine! {August/Sept Issue}


Hi everyone!  Wow, this summer is moving by so quickly!  I had meant to post about this last week but time just got away from me.   I just wanted to let you know that the latest Issue of Scrap365 is now out (August/September Issue), and I'm happy to say that I have an article and 2 layouts pubbed in this one!  I'm always dabbling in other crafts as well as scrapbooking and am always trying to find ways to incorporate these crafts into my scrapbooking projects.  

This time around I did an article on 'Fabulous Felt'....showing ways to incorporate felting techniques into your scrapbook projects.   I played with 2 types of felting techniques to create the blooms I made, ...Wet Felting and Needle Felting.


I'm only allowed to show portions of my layout (sneak peeks), but above you can see part of the bloom design I created using these fun felting tecniques.  


Here is one more peek at the page I made for this article, the bloom/vine was so much fun to make and surprisingly easy as well.  I know I will for sure be playing again with this technique for future pages.


For my second page I shared a very simple felt floom technique combined with a bit of inking to the fabric as well.  Above you can see a little peek at my page.  I tried to share techniques that would appeal to both beginners and more advanced crafters.

If you are interested in checking out this cool technique, look for Scrap365 Magazine at your local magazine/book store or you can subscribe HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! xo xo


15 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Congratulations Gabrielle, so well deserved.
Julie x

Janene said...

Beautiful as always!

Unknown said...

Well deserved
Chris x

Paula Calvanico said...

Congrats! Wonderful :) The peeks are lovely <3

Paula

Patty O'Malley said...

Congratulations on the features! I hope I can find a copy of this magazine to see the full reveal.

Beverley said...

Congrats Gabi!!!! SO well deserved. As ever, both your layouts are gorgeous - the felt techniques is so effective.

bernii miller said...

Congrats Gabby.. I saw this feature and it was gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Very cool! And love the sneak peaks! You have and endless supply of innovation and creativity! Congrats!

Lizzyc said...

These sneeky peeks look stunning, I look forward to seeing the whole layouts either in the mag or when you can show the full layout on your blog... well done on getting published!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

You do indeed! And the moment I saw it I knew it was your work, even before I saw your name! Stunning inspiration, too! Congrats! xx

Bunny Dobbie said...

Congrats! Can't wait to learn about the felting!

Janie said...

Yes, congratulations, your work is super and inspiring.

Seadragon said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news!! In my opinion, you should be considering a book! Your work has such an individual, gorgeous shabby-chic look to it. The card books in my reasonably-well-stocked library are so-so, and the ones on Mixed Media are non-existent!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Gabrielle! Beautiful sneak peeks!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Congrats Gabi!!! Love those peeks and technique. You should have your on mag full of your work. Yes, I would buy it!
Huggies

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails