Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Making Retro Style Cards with Maja Design's Summer Crush!


Hi All! I'm so happy to share with you all today a couple of cards I made using the adorable summer collection 'Summer Crush' by Maja Design!  I just love the 'Snapshots' paper, so many fun little vignettes to serve as centerpieces to a cute retro style card!


Maja Design paper is just made for layering.  I start by choosing a favorite patterned paper like the polka-dot 'Flirty' paper.  I distress the edges with a Tim Holtz Edge Distressor, then just start layering on more and more patterned papers.  Tuck in a little burlap, some floral embellishments and a little wood-cut trellis (Scrapiniec), and you're done!


For my second card I again used the polka-dot pattern, this time in the blue and used the cute l'il blue guitar picture as my center piece.  Perfect for a fun little card to cheer up a friend!  Again, I just did lots of layering and tucked in a little burlap, embellished with a butterfly and added a little twine. In a short amount of time I had 2 fun cards ready to go!

Maja Design products used in these projects:
Summer Crush 6x6 paper pad,
Summer Crush 12x12 paper (Flirty, He Gives Her flowers, Snapshots, Long Summer Nights, Falling In Love-bs)

Thanks so much for stopping my blog today, hope you all get a chance to play this week and get creative with Maja Design's Summer Crush collection! As always I appreciate all the sweet and kindhearted feedback I get from you all! xo


13 comments:

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous retro-style cards Gabrielle, lovely colours and layering.
Greetings Miranda

Jennifer Scull said...

good golly, my shabby heart is going pitter pat over each of these! and yes, please, I'd love to drive a pink car exactly like the one in the card!!! tee hee!

Bunny Dobbie said...

Fabulous! I must check out this collection!

Biały Akr said...

Śliczne, podziwiam Twoje zdolności:)))

Unknown said...

Nice :)

Christine Kiehl said...

Very delightful cards! I so want to make a couple like these of my own! Very inspiring!

Romy said...

Your cards are both super pretty! I love the romantic and sweet look of them.

Patty O'Malley said...

Awesome cards, Gabi!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your cards are really lovely and the colors are lovely!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Sooo beautiful Gabrielle!
Love the organic additions to these
shabby retro cards!
and gorgeous layers of wonderful
Maja papers~
Thanks for the inspiration! : )

Lizzyc said...

Hi! love these cute cards, fabulous colors, love the images you have used and love the distressed edges too!

Valia Katzaki said...

Your cards are so pretty and elegant - and I love that retro feel!

Unknown said...

These are so cute!!! Time to go order from Scrapbook diaries

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails