Friday, January 19, 2018

NEW! Travel Journal Mixed Media Video Tutorial {TCW Stencils}


Hello friends! I'm back with a NEW video tutorial....well, sort of, LOL, I made this travel journal last year using some fun stencils I designed for The Crafter's Workshop (TCW).  I had said I would come out with a video tutorial for it but took forever to get it done.  My only explanation is that it's been one crazy busy and hectic year.  Along with my oldest daughter getting married, I also have been dealing with some health issues.  I have AFIB (Atrial Fibrillation) and recently has been getting worse and worse.  I'm under a cardiologists care now (after having had to undergo cardioversion twice! to bring my heart back to a normal sinus rhythm), so hopefully I will get things sorted out and get back to normal living again!


I used 3 stencils that I designed for The Crafter's Workshop last summer.  Many of you may already have these, I know I've seen a lot of beautiful work by you all using these over the past few months.  But here is a little project I made using them.  Time to grab your cuppa and relax for a few minutes and enjoy a little creative time.....


Hope you enjoyed watching this video tutorial! I had so much fun making this one and it really was quite quick and easy to do!  Here are some close-up pics of the front and back of this journal....

This is a head on view of the journal.  I bought my base for this at our local dollar store, I always keep a lookout for fun things to make-over using mixed media products and this one is inexpensive and works beautifully for my purposes.


I kept the centerpiece very simple for this one...I only used a couple of chipboard cogs by Dusty Attic and a square piece of chipboard (I think it was an inside throw-away piece from a window) and used the stencils to get creative.


This is a pic of the front and backside of the journal.  Although I made a full tutorial, you can of course create the background using your own creative style.


As I'm sharing this video tutorial (finally!)....I have some NEW news!  I have designed 4 new stencils for The Crafters Workshop which are being released this weekend at the Creativation show in Arizona!  Here is a little peek at the new stencils....Hope you like!!


I hope to have some fun new video tutorials for you soon using these fun new beauties!  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and for all the lovely and kind words of support you guys are always leaving me, they are much appreciated! xo



11 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. I hope you are feeling much better really soon, and you can get on top of what is happening.. Thanks for doing the video, it was wonderful to watch, just love the stencils you have used and great colors too.. take care of yourself....

NancyO. said...

Thank you so much for inspiring me to decorate my art journal covers ! I love this video and need to purchase some prills !!!

GTNana said...

I've been wanting to make another travel journal so I'm so glad I saw your video today. I love the stencils and the colors you used. You always inspire me. And...Great job on not getting anything on that pink elastic band...I would have had paint or ink all over that! TFS.

Patty O'Malley said...

Awesome journal, Gabi! Your new stencils are, once again, beautiful! Glad to see you back and with a video tutorial but am sorry you are having health issues. I know how scary that can be as I've had some issues at times with my heartbeats. Take care of yourself and wishing you all the best especially with your health.

Jan.moogie said...

Sorry to hear you are unwell,hope it gets sorted sooner than later. Loved the video it was awesome. I am always amazed at the finish when watching you from the start of a tutorial, love it, especially when I am trying to emulate what you are doing and my work is almost as awesome as yours. Thank you for all you do. hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jenny said...

Welcome back Gabrielle you have been sorely missed. So sorry to hear you have been struggling with health issues.
I love the journal cover and having seen the stencils used i have now ordered them.......the Riveted really rocks. And i just love your new designs so very shabby chic.
take care, hugs jenny x

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Gabi~
I'm sorry to hear of your physical 'troubles'
: ( but I'm hoping you will rise above and
'get back to normal' : ) very soon.
Your journal is knock-out work! So much detail
to take in; just gorgeous~
Your stencil collection is amazing friend!
I hope you know what a wonderful contribution
you are to the paper crafting world <3
Hugs, Karen O

Moose-ings said...

Love this and would like to make it, but can't for the life of me find the 'riveted' stencil in Australia, and overseas sellers don't tend to ship to Australia. Any suggestions? Thanks.

lanath toulousaine said...

i m french and i found your blog faboulous! my friends are canadian and they speak about you !! et i m there!!
xoxo from France!

Unknown said...

Awesome - as usual. You have inspired me to try a couple steampunk canvases. What glue would you recommend for attaching actual metal nuts etc. that I'll be rusting?

Hope you feel completely well very soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Hope you are getting better. I love, love, love, your work. All I need to see is your name and I'm in! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome skills. I was looking for how to email you - anyway - your photos are so magnificently edited what program do you recommend? Thanks so much! Denise

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails