Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Double Layered Chippies from Dusty Attic!!


I was recently working on a l/o for a 'Grandparents' album for my mom and dad and scrapped this photo I took of Chloe a few years ago, since it was a photo my Dad really liked. I used this really cool double layered flourish chipboard piece by Dusty Attic that I'd been meaning to try out for a while now. I simply painted each layer seperately with some aqua color acrylic paint and some bronze metalic paint. I glued the two layers together (I used this new glue pen I got from Tombow to glue them together...it's awesome, great for glueing together detailed work). After the paint/glue dried I added a little bit of Distress Stickles in a Antique Bronze color....this gives the finished piece a flaked rust look when the Stickles dry. To finish it off I added some adhesive gems. The papers I used were from the My Minds Eye 'Lost & Found' collection. The blooms are Prima (thanks Pam!). Here are a few close-up detail shots of the page.....


Thanks so much for stopping by!! .....And if you have a moment, take a peek at the posts below for some fun contests and challenges that we are having over at MCS, the prizes are simply AWESOME!!
~Gabrielle xx

23 comments:

laterg8r said...

such pretty feminine perfection :D

Luz Maria Bruna said...

This is simply PRECIOUS Gabi!!!

Rachael Elliott said...

This is simply stunning.

Romy said...

Your layout is a timeless beauty, just like Chloe is:) Amazing layering on here! That chipboard flourish is so gorgoeus and I just love what you've done with it. The colours on this layout are fabulous too.

Ava Gavloski said...

Gabby, your layout is so full with creativity and artistry. Keep the artist within you free to express.
ava
cottagerca

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Gabrielle,
My name is Sue from N.Z. I found your Blog a few weeks ago, I just wanted to comment on your wonderful page. It is full of embellishment but done so well it does not take away from the photograph. Well done.
Smiles:)

prutsels said...

You bring out the best of whatever your working with,amazing....

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

another gorgeous work of art... beautiful!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the double layer flourishes and you toned them perfectly. Also like the burlap behind the beautiful picture.

Adriana - DRIARTE said...

Your creation is very fantastic and stunning!!!! Adorable layout!!!

Jolanda said...

OH wow this is prettier than pretty...What a beauty (your daughter) and the L/O too!!!
Love your work Gabi!!!
Have a nice day.
Love,Jolanda

angelwhispers said...

My word this is just adorable and everything!!!! is just perfect!!!

Love Chanelle xxx

charlot said...

Amazing!
The picture is perfect
with the colors from
the layout!

charlot*

Gitte said...

Hello!
I'm amazed by you. you make wonderful LO and I'm truely inspired. I look forward to see what you will created next.
Gitte

Unknown said...

this is so amazing Gabi I love the antique swirl and the old pictures from your beautiful Chloe .
And the colors are so great !!!

I wish you a nice evening
Hugs Carla

Debbie Sherman said...

Gorgeous Gabi! Love the pearls connecting the butterflies!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful page, Gabrielle!!! Many great details!!! Hugs!

annysanny said...

Здравствуйте! Вы знали, что у вас есть поклонники и в России. Я просто без ума от ваших невероятных работ. Они столь насыщенны по деталям и столь гармоничны по цвету! Мне очень нравится ваше творчество))

joan said...

oh wow GABRIELLE... i love this layout... really beautiful.. love all your detail... so pretty

ScrappyLizzy said...

This is so beautiful! Which DA design is this! I've gotta get my hands on it!!!!!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

So simply stunning! I need to get some Dusty Attic supplies!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog as for me. I'd like to read more about that matter. The only thing it would also be great to see on this blog is a few pictures of any gadgets.

David Karver
jam mobile phone

chrisw said...

gorgeous layout just love those flourish chippies and what you've done with them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails