Monday, October 4, 2010

WonderFALL October kits from My Creative Scrapbook!!


It's that time of the month again!! Reveal day, at MY CREATIVE SCRAPBOOK!! I'll start with the LE (Limited Edition kit) this month.....I was so 'WOWED' when I opened this kit! Gorgeous papers and blooms but it's the trim's that really got me this month! Crochetted laces, applique trims, sheer/sequin trim and so much more! I've had this l/o knocking around my head for weeks now and it was fun to get the goodies to put the idea to paper! For this l/o I wanted a very loose/distressed/fabic looking design so I added touches of drybrushed white paint here and there, buttons and stitching. The circle stamps were simply the edge of the acrylic paint bottle cap stamped onto the page.
TIP: Take the time to actually sew your buttons onto a page, it makes a big difference to the finished look of the l/o!
Here are some close-up pic's .....


Another layout I made from this kit is one in which I used the circle die-cut paper....I just love the rich pretty florals in this paper! The photo is one that I took of my youngest daughter when we were on a Fall walk....
I made the white blooms from white and yellow cardstock.....I used the 'Water Distressed Blooms' tutorial I shared with you all a little while back. I cut 2 small jaggedy edges circles with a scissor from the white cardstock and then punch 4 very small 'daisy' blooms from the yellow paper. (I got my little little Paper Shapers retro daisy punch at Walmart for about $4.25 in the Craft Department....that little punch has come in really handy for flower centers)

NOTE: I also added an extra element of design to the flower by softly inking the center of the top white layer with some yellow chalk ink (I used Colorbox 'Wheat' color for this) Here are some close-ups.....
I made a 3rd l/o from this kit combining the Webster's Pages and 7 Gypsies papers (love these!) I braided 3 pieces of the green velvet trim to make this thicker border along the bottom of the page. The blooms are again handmade as above. The photo is one I took of my little great-niece Jade.
TIP: If you really like a certain element in your papers like the butterflies or leaves, blooms etc. take a color scan of them and print them out to use as cut embellishments for your page (this saves chopping up your papers too much and they can stretch a lot further)....here I scanned some of the leaf designs fromt the Webster's paper, cut them out, inked the edges and adhered them with pop-dots....
And finally a 4th l/o I made with this kit, I used some of the soft aqua colors in the kit. The photo is another that I took of my youngest on our walk. The butterflies are made from the Prima Packaging (the card of paper the Prima blooms were attached to) ....you can find my picture tutorial for this here ~~~> Embossed Butterflies
The brown felt flourishes were actually from a set of Prima gates in the kit that I took apart. (Check out the work of the rest of the DT to see the gates used in full....
Another amazing kit I got to work with this month is the beautiful Main kit. Talk about colorful! and so many wonderful die-cut embellishments to work with. Again, I just love the trims and little extra's in this kit (the green ruffle ribbon is just gorgeous IRL!) Here is the first l/o I made with this kit...

I wanted to make the flower accent on the page resemble the flower on my daughters dress, so I extended the medium size Prima rose with some (water-distressed) cardstock petals.....



I just love all the rub-on's, lace and other goodies in this kit!....for a 2nd l/o for this kit I picked up the smokey plum colours in the kit and played some pinks against it. I took this photo of my oldest daughter Chloe when she was kind enough to pose for me when I made a whimsical hairband for Bo Bunny.....
All the blooms are from the kit, except I made the large pink on using one of the small blooms in the kit and some plain pink cardstock (I again used the Water Distressed flower technique for this ...I gave it a little extra twist by lightly curling the edges of the petals in with my finger tips when I opened up the wrinkled balls of paper). I also made the butterflies from the Prima packaging that came with the blooms in this kit (see my Embossed Butterflies Tutorial for more information on this) Here are some close-ups...
For my 3rd l/o for this kit I played with the fun die-cut sheet that coordinates with the papers in this kit. I dressed the lamp up with some of the trims found in the kit and the large green bloom was made by wrapping some of the green trim in a spiral shape and sticking it to a piece of cardstock with glue, I then finished it with a vintage looking button also found in the kit. Here is the l/o with some closeups....




And last but certainly not least, another gorgeous kit I got to work with was the Album kit from MCS!! I knew that Pam had ordered these papers for the album kit a couple of months ago and just couldn't wait till the October kits got here so I could have a go at them! The black/red/tan colour combination in this kit is so striking and elegant and the trims and blooms she put with it were so beautiful (all the DT girls just went mad for the stripped ribbon!!) Here is my first l/o for this kit....
I think as mom's we tend to put everyone else first and we feel that we are being caring and unselfish....but in reality it's really important to take care of ourselves too! This came home to me last month as I was battling strep throat, I realized I don't take enough time to take care of me. This page was a reminder to me, to get good rest, good exercise and eat well too! Here are a couple of close ups of the goodies on this page (check out the cute black lace/gem flourish from Prima...YUM!)....


Another l/o I made using these beautiful glittery papers is this one about my daughters and the way they dress themselves. These papers had a Parisian flair with their french script and the pic's of the Eifel Tower so I went with a french title "Haute Couture'....meaning 'High Fashion'....I have to smile when I see their stripped leggings and cute hats....

I just love the unique and pretty floral cluster Pam included in this kit, it's made up of blooms, seed beads, gems, feathers and lace! Here is a close-up pic....

And finally a 3rd l/o I made with this lovely kit was a l/o of my dear husband and I. We still had our sweet Mocha at the time (Chloe took this pic of us last fall when we went on a little outing....Steve had to hold Mocha back because we were on a beach and there were ducks scampering about on the shoreline :) ....

I made the roses and bloom from the patterned papers in the kit. I used the 6 Petal Punch Bloom tutorial I shared with you last year for these blooms. Here are a few close-up shots....




I know it was another super long post but I hope you were able to get some helpful tips and ideas for your own pages. I just want to say thanks so much to all the wonderful followers I have at my blog, I read every one of your comments and really appreciate your input!

Happy Scrappin'!!

~Gabrielle xxx

27 comments:

ofchinka said...

Я ваша поклонница и просто очарована вашими работами. Одну из них использовала как источник вдохновения(извините что не спросила разрешения) Может вам будет интересно взглянуть - http://ofchinka.blogspot.com/2010/10/3.html А мне будет приятно узнать ваше мнение.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, Gabbi! Each and every one of these is just GORGEOUS!!! I could sit and stare at them forever. There are so many wonderful details. I love all of the layers, trims, flowers..everything. Your work is always just breathtaking!

Jolanda said...

oh wow,i'm still......what a beautiful work...very pretty all of it!!!Look at all these flowers and details...your work is stunning!!!!
Have a nice day!

Unknown said...

Never ending srappin i see lovely work with great details and sweet pictures...love your tutorial to thanks..
byebye,lean

Tamikko said...

beautiful Gabby! I love all the papers so much. So rich and the colour combo's are my fave. Great job!!!

Romy said...

Oh my gosh...I've been ooh-ing and aah-ing about all your jaw-droppingly beautiful layouts for about half an hour. Just scrolling up and down this post to make sure I didn't miss out any of these gorgeous details. Let me way your work with these kits is stunning (again). How do you do it...making so many creations that are all so fabulous and full of details. I'm a huge fan of yours:)

Vicky Alberto said...

You did it again... I'm speechless.

Maureen Reiss said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous LOs!! Love the rustic fall colors and all of your flowers

Unknown said...

Wow my friend you first layout what is that wonderful.
With that paint stripes on a nice efect.
and the hinge is so cool.
And the second one with the scallops how to cut around it is so beautiful and the paper is as jamie.
And the bird on the key and the butterflies that you created yourself wowwwwwwwww.
And what I think every layout is different every lo
all so wonderful I look at my eyes and it just will linger on your blog.
you have a great beautiful job on this layouts.

I wish you a nice evening
XX Carla

Sandi Smith said...

Every layout is so beautiful with so many gorgeous details...your work amazes me every month!!!

Cindy Gay said...

My favorites (they're all perfect you know!) are the last ones with the striped ribbon. I especially like the one of you with the point to take care of yourself! Also like the design tips.........sewing buttons on the page. Love the lace lined borders.

Maria Elena said...

Wow you are an artist ! great job ! And thanks a bunch for all tutorial and tips... Now I' become in your follower !

Have a great Tuesday !
http://www.mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

LISA said...

I always look forward to your new work!! It is stunning as always!! I cant believe we made almost the same flowers!! Yes great minds do think alike. And the same color too, although I made 5 different colors, I love the one I used for my tutorial the best. It must be because your inspiration has taken a hold of me.Thank You...I modeled mine after Prima's Eliza flowers after I saw them and did them for a Heartfelt Creations LO last month. Yours are beautiful as well.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Gorgeous pages, Gabi! You are the best of the best!

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning! I love coming to your site and getting ideas to incorporate into my LO's. Thanks so much! Blessings

DebraK said...

I love your attention to details. It's fun to click on your work to enlarge it, then find all the intricate particulars. Your work is always so beatuful...

Patty O'Malley said...

Wow, Gabi! I don't know where you get your endless ideas from! I just could sit here in awe staring at the LOs all day taking in the incredible details. You really need to write a book!

Brenda L said...

First, let me say "ditto" to everything that has been said. Your work has its own signature! Every LO is a work of art! I also want to say thank you for taking the time to share the LOs, show the closeups, and explain your techniques through the tutorials. One problem though.....you need a little boy so you can do more 'boy' pages. LOL! You're the best! Have a great day!

Natasha said...

Hi Gabi. All of your layouts this month are beautiful! (No surprise there lol.) Love the flowers you made and will have to try out your tutorials. TFS!

angelwhispers said...

Just fabulous as always!! So many beautiful layouts and so many fantastic ideas! Just love the little lamp and the chandalier just perfect!!! thanks for sharing your inspiration!! nearly forgot the butterflys are amazing and look fab on your layouts!!

Love Chanelle

Hope you have a great weekend and a fabulous nights sleep in your fresh sheets!!!!!

Russellee said...

Love your work. You are so talented. They are just great. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Joan said...

wow wow wow.... Every layout is so beautiful with so many gorgeous details... i love every page ...your work is stunning, it amazes me !!!

Anonymous said...

Где то я это уже видел

Anonymous said...

привет, Какое абстрактное мышление

Anonymous said...

Всем привет, Должен Вам сказать.

Nelly said...

Woow, I'm so glad to meet with your work, one hour sit and look with open mouth your pages and say ah oh ... or just no words.
I love the way you work arranged, your handmade flowers and focus on every detail. Feast for the eyes!
Thank you!

Veena said...

Fabulous layout. The flowers, butterflies and the colors complimented the overall look.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails