Monday, October 18, 2010

Timeless Chippies from Dusty Attic!


As soon as I saw this collection of beautiful Skeleton Clock frames from Dusty Attic, I knew they would be a favourite of mine! I've had these in my stash for a couple of months now and I only just now got a chance to use them on the weekend. These laser-cut clock frames are so cool because they come in 4 sizes in the one package....so happily I still have 2 other pieces to play with for other layouts! (below you can see the way the cut-outs come to you)....

The finish I gave the frame design is simply some gold metalic paint with a dab here and there with some turquoise color acrylic paint and a brush here and there with some white paint. I finished off the design with a pearl adhesive sticker on each hour spot of the clock. The blooms were mainly some gifts I've gotten in the past from a dear friend (thanks Pam!)...and the larger pink/fushia blooms are from Michaels from their Recollections collection. The papers are from a K&Company pad I had in my stash. Here are a few close-ups....



I called this l/o 'I Pick You' .....it's a play on the idea that my daughter is surrounded by all these blooms but from among all the pretties I still 'pick her'. She is such a smart and confident girl especially when it comes to 'smarts' but not as confident when it comes to her appearance...so I just wanted to make up a layout that makes her realize how special she is.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Gabrielle xxx

28 comments:

chrissy o said...

that is just a beautiful layout
hugs chrissy o xx

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Wow Gabi this is fantastic my friend!!!

Romy said...

Wow, wow, wow!! You know I love pink and flowers, so this layout is a layout after my heart...it is sooooo gorgeous! I just can't stop looking at it. You did an amazing job with the Dusty Attic chippies. I really envy the Dusty Attic DT. DA has some amazing products for sale:)

Unknown said...

wow this is This is another Beautiful creations.the frame skeleton clock definitely very amazing!!!and the flowers PInk.
they still have more sale
I love these products.


And what good that she is confident that she radiates too.
And your daughter state it good with the make up they get an age that they want It LOL.

wish you a nice evening
XX carla

Maureen Reiss said...

Absolutly beautiful LO!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Another gorgeous layout of your equally gorgeous daughter! I love what you did to the skeleton clocks.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Gabrielle
Your layout is wonderful, the colours especially just pop the page.
Smiles:)

Cindy Gay said...

She is a beautiful girl and this beautiful layout will add to her confidence. Great job Mom!

Michelle said...

Gabi, I just love the sentiment behind the page!!! What a great confidence booster!!! She is a beautiful girl!! I love your page.. those DA pieces are gorgeous! You always have such great details to all of your pages.

Marilyn said...

This is Beautiful!!!
Hugs!!

Lizzyc said...

oh how beautiful! i havent seen these frames yet, but i reckon i may just like to grab a couple of packets of them!! xx

Sandi Clarkson said...

Gabi . another wonderful page! Love the DA!

Treasure said...

Super Work
Thank you

Paulien van den Bosch said...

oh wow.... this is just so beautiful!!!!! I totally love what you did with the DA clocks and my gosh..... this page is so full of dimension....... your daughter.. sigh... she is sooo beauitufl!

Jolanda said...

i love everything on this!!so much style and beauty!!!!
GREAT job!!!
Have a nice day!

angelwhispers said...

Fabulous clocks they look amazing on the layout and to still have some left even better!!

Love the papers you have used and all the blooms and a gorgeous picture of your sweet daughter as well "Stunning" Love Chanelle xxx

Mieke said...

Wooohhhhooooo looking very good Gabi! love that Dusty Attic!

Unknown said...

lovely work cool colors.
byebye,lean

laterg8r said...

this lo is divine - such a lot of work, well worth the result :D

Zuza Matuza said...

very nice work!

Cass. said...

I love this page. I need to get that chip clock...its so fantastic...a must have for sure :)

Ava Gavloski said...

beautiful, what retail store in the cambridge area sell's dusty attic chipboard?

ava
cottagerca

Meg Giroux said...

GORGEOUS work Gabi!!!!! As always you blow me away with your stunning work!

Maria Elena said...

Wow you are an artist... GREAT job !

Have a great Wednesday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Cathy said...

Hi Gabrielle,

What a beautiful lo, I just love the Dusty Attic products! You are one of my favorite artists on Scrapbook.com!
Thank you for sharing your work!

gr8mom52 said...

Hi Gabi!! I always tell you that your last project out does the previous one. Fantastic! So beautiful.

Denise said...

Gabi I think this is one of the most beautiful LO's I've seen!!! I just got those DA clocks, and now am inspired to use them..love it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for good stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails