Friday, September 21, 2012

Mixing Webster's Pages Collections

I love changing up the look of a collection by mixing in another collection.  I got this sweet photo of my great niece from my nephew a couple of weeks ago and knew right away that the pretty pinks in the Parkdrive collection would work perfectly for the photo....but then I had this framed paper in my stash from the 'Ladies & Gents' collection and I really liked how it paired up with the Parkdrive papers and floral elements.  Here are some close-up shots of the embellishments for this page.... 
I made the pink roses on this page using the FLOWER TUTORIAL I shared with you all a little while back (just click on the word 'flower tutorial' to take you to it).  The nest/eggs are from Recollections from Michaels.  The fabric bloom is the new Princess Petals from Websters Pages.  The shaggy looking trim is some stuff I bought a roll of at Michaels (in the knitting area). 
I fussy cut a lot of the blooms brom one of the Parkdrive collection papers but before I attached them with pop-dots, I did a little bit of stamping on the paper behind them with the Webster's Pages/Unity Stamp Diamond Tag stamp (I use that one a lot!)
(You can find this stamp at the Websters Pages website www.websterspages.com
And here is one more close up of some of the fussy cut blooms from the Parkdrive collection that I attached inside the frame from Ladies & Gents.
 
So, tell me, do you like to mix & match?  Or do you like to stick to just one collection? 

15 comments:

Neia Ribeiro said...

I love your work, it is a source of inspiration for me, so complete numca found work in fashion, finesse, colors, simply beautiful, congratulations!
I have learned so much from you, thanks!
Kisses!

Romy said...

Gosh, you mixed and matched these papers in such a wonderful way! It is a gorgeous, feminine lay-out.

Unknown said...

This is simply adorable, Gabi- I LOVE all the pink- perfect for a little girl layout :)~ beautiful, beautiful work~!

xErin

Joyce B said...

Another beautiful LO Gabrielle. I love all the detail.

Patty O'Malley said...

This is simply stunning, as always, Gabi! Love your detailed cutting as well as that shaggy trim--any idea exactly what it is?

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, gorgeous page!! Love all your fussy cutting and what an oh so sweet photo!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

a1983alaskan said...

As always-- LOVELY!!
I often mix and match collections, if there are ones that look good together :-)

Beverlely. said...

Yet another beautiful layout
Gab., thank-you SO much for sharing. I pour over your every layout, and hoping you don't mind, try to use your ideas on my work. Could you please tell me about the beautiful butterfly used on this layout? (I think it might be a favourite of yours). p.s. I tried the melted glue, and egg shell techniques...what fun!, and thank-you.

duffy said...

As always you do such beautiful and inspirational work! I used to wonder about the wisdom of putting a single photo on a 12X12layout until I found your work. The way you make the entire confection all about the subject of the photo is a revelation to me!! I have also come to appreciate your journaling style, as I tend to be too wordy. You have so much to teach! Thank You

Gitte said...

Wow beautiful layout. I like to mix&match.

mommyx2 said...

Gorgeous layout!! I don't usually mix and match but,.. You have inspired me to try!!

sixofone aka Leah said...

So gorgeous Gabbi. I love the way you have mixed the collections

Unknown said...

I like your collection of different Flower Wall Stickers which you collect.

Tone-Lill said...

Sweet and adorable, a fantastic creative LO. I just love the mix and match. It gives so many more opportunities :)

Anna_Merry_Journal said...

Just great, I loved it! I love your work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails