Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Resist Stamping with Bo Bunny Stamps!

Bo Bunny makes so many beautiful stamps to coordinate with their amazing collections.  Today I decided to play with a whole bunch of the them and use them as 'Resist Stamps'.  First off I thought I'd share a few close-ups of my page, then I thought I'd show a quick little step by step on how I created a unique background by using some Bo Bunny cardstock and stamps. 
I embellished this layout with the gorgeous new Bo Bunny Flowers!  I used a combination of the Natural Earth colour flowers here. And I used some of the NEW Bo Bunny lace in behind the torn area on the page, having the lace peek out from behind the rip (Color Natural Earth Lace)
I used a little bit of a Dusty Attic chipboard frame that I had left over from another project to frame the corner of my photo. (Baroque Square Frame).
I used the watercolor washed looking side of some BB Chiffon Dot cardstock as the base of my layout and combined some older and newer Bo Bunny flourish stamps to create a border. I stamped with a clear embossing stamp and then added some clear embossing powder and heat set it (above). 
Once I finished doing all the edge stamping and heat embossing, I used some distress ink and working from the outside in, added ink fading it as I worked in. (I used Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet and Frayed Burlap). The embossed/stamped area's resist the ink and only the paper part takes the ink, in this way you create the 'resist' design. 
Here is a look at what my layout looked like once I finished doing the heat embossing on the stamping and added the distress ink around the edges, allowing the stamp design to shine through.
TIP:  Some inks my slightly stain the resist part, just take a slightly damp paper towel and rub over the resist stamp area on the page and the 'resist' part will lighten up more, creating a better contrast between inked and uninked area.
I then figured out my photo placement and added the tear design (above) and some more Bo Bunny stamps (The Sun Flower stamp from the Forever Fall collection) so that ut would surround my photo and did a little more stamping/heat embossing/inking to the page.
 
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Little Miss (Hannah, Jaquoya)
Cardstock: Bo Bunny Chiffon Double Dot, Clover Double Dot (leaves)
Flowers: Bo Bunny Natural Earth Dahlia, Natural Earth Daisy, Natural Earth Bouquet, Blush Bouquet
Lace: Bo Bunny Natural Earth Lace, Blush Lace
Trinkets: Bo Bunny Little Miss
Stamps: Bo Bunny Enchanted, Powder Mountain, Forever Fall (plus an older Bo Bunny Flourish stamp)
Jewels: Bo Bunny Apple Cider
Chipboard: Dusty Attic (Baroque Frames - Square)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet, Frayed Burlap)
Here is a picture of the older Bo Bunny stamp set that I used (the other ones are all recent stamp sets that are readily available at the stores, but this one may be hard to find, I think Scrapbook.com still has it in their clearance area)
 
Sometimes it helps to see a page broken down in steps so you get the idea of how it's put together.  Hopefully this post is helpful in seeing the way I layer my pages as I go.  Funny, I used to LOVE stamping when I first started scrapping and then I got distracted by other products and techniques, ...for me it was really fun getting back into the stamping!  Hope you give it a try too!

44 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow, wow, wow! That corseting on the tear is just a fabulous design element. Your stamping/embossing is perfection. A simply gorgeous page....just enough. I'm really impressed!

Арина-Валерия said...

Wow! Thanks for the detailed story, I loved it!

Neia Ribeiro said...

Amo,Amo,Amo, tudo muito lindo!! como sempre, beijos!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Gorgeous page! Thanks for the tips on how do resist stamp! Definitely something I'd like to try!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Can't take my eyes off your beautiful layout ~ love it! TFS your resist stamp and tips. LOL, stamping was my first addiction when i first started scrapping and still stamp until today. Just finished stamping a card hours ago; would love to invite you over to my blog and see the card if you like :)ps: Thanks again for your endless inspirations!
Hugs,
Asmah

jennifer berkhahn said...

Beautiful work. This layout really is timeless and it gives me a lot of inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Love your design style!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning LO and a great step by step! Love the stamping around the edges! Btw, the Distress Ink is called Victorian Velvet, not Victorian Rose lol (unless he has brought a new one out that is)...

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Yes! Thank you Astrid, it is indeed Victorian Velvet....I've gone back in and corrected it....thanks so much for the heads-up! xo

Susan said...

Gabi, this is just gorgeous! I love doing the resist stamping and inking...and what you've done here is so fabulous! Love the sweet photo of the girls too!

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Gabrielle!!!

Parabéns pela belíssima obra de arte que ficou o seu LO. Obrigada por compartilhar conosco suas dicas maravilhosas.

Beijos

KellyCreates said...

Your resist technique is GORGEOUS....the inking you did to create that background looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing :)

Keren Tamir said...

as always Gabi I loooooooooooooooooove your creations!! that stamped background is fantastic!! and I love that tear in the page!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this.I am a new follower.I am absolutely new to scrapbooking and layouts and instead of looking at basic stuff,look where I ended up for inspiration.After looking at your work,I have absolutely no hope for myself.I can never be as good!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous layout. Love the whole next to the picture with the stitching through the eyelets. Beautiful as usual. TFS. ana

morkaren said...

Du er så kreativ, jeg elsker også at se hvordan du kommer frem til de vidunderlige LOer. knus morkaren.

phamil said...

WOW, what a gorgeous look! And thank you for showing how you did it! I will have to try! This is just so dreamy and gorgeous, the swirls and shapes are just stunning! You are the Queen of distressing that's for sure!!!

Jenny said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for showing us the technique!

Kaszás Ildikó said...

Fantasztikusan szép !!!!!
Én nem értek hozzá de nagyon tetszik ez a technika !!!!!
Gratulálok, gyönyörű szép képet varázsoltál !!!!!!

Romy said...

Your resist stamping looks amazing! And so does the paper tearing. This is a perfect girl lay-out - definitely one of my favs of yours:)

LISA said...

I have sooooo many stamps...They just sit nice and neatly organized in draws..You have inspired me to start pulling them out and start stamping. Resist stamping is a wonderful technique and you have done it beautifully in this gorgeous layout of the girls. So so pretty!!! The softness of it all looks like velvet!! Love it!

scrapbook point said...

It's such a beautiful work!!! Uauuu
no words to describe!!XXOO
Meg

Sasha said...

So cruel! I want that stamp!!! and scrapbook doesn't have it!
You should start your own line! I would definitely be buying it!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful LO love all the resist tech. you did around the edge . Thanks for the step by step tutorial so easy to follow. Love your work will be adding this to mt fav.
Marilyn

Unknown said...

Beautiful work, as usual. I love the heat embossing and the distressing techniques.

Unknown said...

This is one of the most beautiful layouts I've ever seen....everything about it screams beautiful. TFS Noel

Jonjon said...

Gorgeous!! I have learned so much from your blog, and I am really excited to try this one out! Your layouts are always so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Jane said...

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Your work is so rich and interesting, sometimes I wish I could peek underneath the layers to see what is there. you really should write a book and have your own line!

Jane said...

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Your work is so rich and interesting, sometimes I wish I could peek underneath the layers to see what is there. you really should write a book and have your own line!

Jane said...

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Your work is so rich and interesting, sometimes I wish I could peek underneath the layers to see what is there. you really should write a book and have your own line!

Patty O'Malley said...

How beautiful this is! I love what you did with the stamping/embossing. Thanks for sharing the tips. I have one question. How do you get the distress ink to blend in without leaving the rectangular mark from the blending tool? I just can't seem to make it blend without leaving the shape of the tool.

Ruthieann said...

I love your work and have been following for a long time. I only wish I could make pages like yours. Thanks for the breakdown of how you put your pages together. Maybe I could try it again. Your work is gorgeous!!! Thank you!

Cindy Gay said...

I love what you did with the stamping. I will try that soon! Thank you. It's lovely!

Tanya S said...

Wow another stunner ! I just love the stamping on the layout,I just never think to do that.It's such a nice touch,must remember to do so.And the corset ?? Love ,gonna case that lol

Unknown said...

OH MY...Now I have something to try at the next crop night..THANK YOU SOOOOOO much for ALWAYS being so inspirational XX

Patricia said...

I will need to take out those stamps and dust of some old techniques again as well! Thanks for the inspiration !

Joan Ervin said...

OMG...this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love the soft, pretty colors and I loooove how you did the corseting on the tear...just fabulous!!!!

Lynne said...

Stunning!!

Lesley said...

This page is absolutely gorgeous (as usual). By the way, congrats on the layout in Scrap 365.

Cindy Gay said...

I tried your technique in my latest layout: http://cindyspagesintime.blogspot.com/2012/10/never-too-spoiled.html
Thank you--it's not the first time you've inspired me!

Lizzy Wurmann G. said...

Soooo Fabulous!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

So gorgeous! I must give this a try ,, it's been awhile for me!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Patty, to answer your question on avoiding getting the square edge showing up when using the inking tool.... I work from the outside edges in, applying light pressure until I see how much ink is appearing on the page, I then apply more pressure if I want to see it darker. You might want to check out this link, it is a Youtube video inwhich Tim Holtz shows some techniques with his distress inks, he shows how he uses the tool near the end of the video clip) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV-8nWHplaY
Hope this helps! xo

Rea' said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous , gorgeous ! Wow I love your DETAILS and the colors ... OMG !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails