Friday, June 14, 2013

Framing with Bling {Bo Bunny Design Team}

Today the design team girls at Bo Bunny were give the challenge to use framing in a creative way.  For my layout I used the new Bo Bunny Jewel Flourishes to create a unique swirly frame.  I also used one of their new background stamps to make another frame that is meant to draw the eye into the photo and at the same time frame the title.  The photo is of my niece Jade, she is such a sweet lil thing! 
Here is a close-up photo of the crystal flourish frame.  I just pasted my photo down on some Bo Bunny Vintage Dot paper (I just LOVE these papers, the make great backgrounds and accents for pages!) and then layed my flourishes around the photo.  Then I just simply cut around the flourish designs with some scissors to complete the frame.

Here is a close-up shot of the stamp frame.  I just used the corner stamp from the 'Flourishes and Such" stamp collection and stamped down my 4 corners.  I then used a black pen to draw a squiggley line and doodled squiggles on that line to link the corners.  The title sticker is from Heidi Swapp. 
 
For my bloom I used one of the Bo Bunny Denim Dahlia blooms, but in this case I took the bloom apart and used the base of the bloom and the center (I saved the middle layer for another use....it's a darker navy blue) and I cute some flower shapes from the same Vintage dot paper to layer in the middle. The two white blooms I got at Michaels in the $1.50 bargain bin, they were white and I just added a hint of blue with an old paint brush and some blue chalk ink (Versa Magic Pastels)
 
Supplies:
~ Patterned Paper (Bo Bunny Mama-razzi2)
~ Cardstock (Bo Bunny Vintage Dot - Ocean)
~ Stamp (Bo Bunny 'Flourishes and Such')
~ Bling (Bo Bunny Crystal Flourishes)
~ Blooms (Bo Bunny - Denim Dahlia), Michaels (no name blooms)
~ Chipboard - Bo Bunny C'est La Vie layered chipboard
~ Title Sticker - Heidi Swapp
Other: Home made texture paste, Ink - Versa Magic (Pastels), Lace (off the roll), Corrugated Card (Dusty Attic)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I always enjoy a nice visit! xo xo


16 comments:

Hannah said...

Lovely LO :) Great idea to take the flowers apart, makes them a little different and makes more out of the one flower :)

lynda said...

This is just stunning! I never thought to use flourishes like your did!

Unknown said...

Wow, this turned out totally gorgeous! The way you did the frame and decorated it looks so beautiful.

Vicky Alberto said...

Oh what a gorgeous idea to frame the pic that way!

Ульяна и Полина said...

Очень красиво!!!

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle

This is a great idea the swirly frame, its gorgeous. You are full of great ideas, after my holiday i want to try some things that i see on your blog, i love your style.
Have a nice weekend.

Hugs, Danoesja

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

Hi Gabrielle,what a lovely LO. Thank you for explaining so well how you make things,you are very creative and I love the way you had the idea to connect the stamped corners with a doodle-line. Have a nice weekend,greetings Miranda

Patty O'Malley said...

I love how you created the frame with the swirls. I have been hoarding so many swirls--now I know what to do with them! This is beautiful!

Cindy Gay said...

Lovely page!

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow this looks amazing, I have not ever seen flourishes used in this way around a photo and cut out and it looks so beautiful.. love the blingy look and the focus is still on the darling photo too.. really beautiful!!

Mimi H. said...

So creative. Love the framing technique. Your work is always beautiful.

Mimi H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aline Fonseca said...

I can't hardly find words to define how gorgeous is this page!
Fabulous!
Hugs from Brazil!!

Carole Wright said...

absolutely fabulous!

Unknown said...

wow luv It how you did framed the pictures gorgeous design

Allie Marie said...

Love popping over to your blog, Gabrielle, you come up with some awesome ideas that are easy for us all to use and your tutorials are well appreciated xoxo for sharing with us !! Your L.o is just gorgeous !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails