Tuesday, August 27, 2013

NEW!! Bo Bunny's 'The Avenues' {A Pinspiration Based Page}

 
I have just been itching to get my hands on the NEW Bo Bunny collection called 'The Avenues'!!  I have always had this passion for weathered paint on  wood, beautiful shabby doorways and windows, aged shutters.  I even have a board on Pinterest where I collect images of weather doorways!  So I was so happy when I was asked to do a post for the 'Pinspiration' blog post at Bo Bunny.  I was asked to choose an image from Pinterest and use it as inpiration for my layout.  I chose the above image of some aged wood trims! I love the beautiful soft color combination of warm cream, gentle sage and pale aqua.  Here is the page I made as inspiration from the above image (using The Avenue's collection).... 
My oldest daughter has been helping out this summer doing some work for her dad (he has a landscaping company)...along with doing the mowing etc. she has also been learning about gardening, about plants, soil, potting and planting.  She just loves learning from her dad and working outdoors.
 
Before I began my layout I took a few minutes to to a little cutting on some of the wonderful patterned papers.  There is a page full of old vintage clocks, and another with weathered doorways and yet another with weathered shutters (LOVE!).  I precut all the images on these sheets and put them in a little baggie, so I have them all at my fingertips when putting my layouts together.
 
In this photo you can see how I layered some of my cut images around my photo (clock, window/door designs). I also did a little bit of inking behind my images first. (I used VersaMagic, Pretty Pastels chalk ink, green, aqua)....and then stamped with the Bo Bunny "It Is Written" background stamp.  I also did a bit of masking with the Crafters Workshop brick stencil and some home-made texture paste (recipe can be found in my right side panel of my blog under 'tutorials').

I also did a little more stamping with the Bo Bunny "Geometric Patterns" background stamp.  Another thing I like to do when making up a page is to look at the designs found in the patterned paper.  I love that there was washi tape design in the top left corner of the patterned paper. I had some washi tape in my stash that has a similar look so I added bits and pieces here and there to mirror the design in the paper.  You can see some of it below the photo of my daughter and over the frame...the cute polariod frame is from Dusty Attic :)   Here is a list of the products I used on this page....
 
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: The Avenues - Stripes (backside), The Avenues, Clocks, Shutters, Doors
Cardstock: Vintage Decaf Dot
Trinkets: The Avenues
Brads: The Avenues
Chipboard: 12x12 Chipboard The Avenues
Stamps: It Is Written, Geometric Patterns, Stained Textures
Stickers: The Avenues
Other: Versa Mark Chalk Ink (green, blue), Dusty Attic Polaroid Frame, no-name roses from craftbin, vines are from local craft store from the floral area.
 
Do you ever find yourself stuck for ideas, or need inspiration for a page?  A great way to give yourself a boost is to create your own inspiration board on Pinterest!  Or you can always let the gorgeous designs in the new Bo Bunny patterned papers be your inspiration! :)
 

15 comments:

Anneke said...

Beautiful layout. Must have been alot of work.You have done a good job. Thanks for showing Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Your layout is simply stunning Gaby. I love all the elements and fussy cutting! I also love how you used the photo of the flower and then the smaller photo of your daughter!

Svetlana said...

Wonderful layout with so many details !
Svetlana

Romy said...

I just love how you are able to find inspiration in everything :) I really love how you turned this image into a lay-out. It looks absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Gabrielle! OH how I love those colors!
and the shabby-chic weathered feel.
What a joy to work with these papers!
This is soo lovely~
PS - I have seen your Pinterest board
and the doorways; etc! :)

Patty O'Malley said...

I love this shabby look! You always are so clever with your embellishing.

Paula Calvanico said...

Just gorgeous! Awesome tip,about cutting the images. I usually just sit there staring at them while I weep at the thought of covering them up! From now on I'll do this with image heavy papers :)

Paula

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Such a gorgeous layout!!! Love how your image inspired it!!!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

Such a gorgeous layout and I love how your image inspired it!!!

Di Garling said...

Simply STUNNING. Di xo

DollZandThingZ said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Lizzyc said...

Or I can just come by here and get inspired big time.. this is so beautiful.. It is like you have little sections on your layout for special embellies.. really lovely layout!! Bo bunny papers are always so beautiful!!

Elly said...

Your hand for little details is amazing. That's why we collect your layouts on pinterest for inspiration (:o)

Elly said...

Your hand for little details is amazing! That's why we collect your layouts on Pinterest for inspiration (:o)

craftyb said...

oh wow!! LOOOOOVE this one - look at all the layers and textures - just gorgeous!!x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails