Saturday, April 19, 2014

Cardmaking with Bo Bunny's Primrose & Kraft Wood


Hi everyone!  I thought today I would share a couple of cards I recently made with the beautiful Primrose collection and Bo Bunny's fabulous Kraft Wood Shapes. I love how the neutral color of the Kraft Wood works so well with whatever colors you chose to design with.  For this 'blank' card (I sometimes like to leave some cards I create without a sentiment so that I can just add it as I need it), I used a couple of pieces from the New 'Elegant' kraft wood collection. 
 
 
Instead of using the frame design as something to mount my title on, I used it as a base design for my handmade rose bloom (made with Primrose 'Breathtaking' paper and Spellbinder's Rose Creation dies).  I used one of the wood flourish pieces as a design element tucked under the lip of the patterned paper.  I did a little bit of inking behind the piece to make the design pop a little more. The pretty circle doilie design was made with plain glossy white cardstock and a Memory Box die 'Quinn Flourish' (thanks Janene!! Mwah!).
 
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Cottage, Breathtaking (both sides), Bliss (both sides), Dot, Memories / Primrose
Kraft Wood: Elegant Shapes
Dies: Spellbinders (Rose Creations), Memory Box (Quinn Flourish)
Hemp Twine
 
 
For my second card I used the same paper collection and Kraft Wood Elegant Shapes pack. For this one I wanted to go a little more 'artsy' so I did some inking and misting and a whole bunch of stamping.  I even added few strips of washi tape.

 
I used one of the elegant frames to frame the greeting card title and used one of the flourish designs to add a little 'flow' to my fussy cut butterfly.  When I use natural elements like wood in my projects, I love to team them up with other natural elements like hemp twine and burlap.
 
Supplies:
Patterned Paper:  Bliss, Dot, Joy, Memories / Primrose
Kraft Wood: Elegant Shapes
Washi Tape: Primrose, Black & White Patterned
Stamps: Enchanted, It is Written, Ambrosia, Weekend Market
Other: Burlap, Hemp twine, Gesso, Lace, Martha Stewart edge punch (Swirling Lace)
Ink/Mists:  Lindy's Stamp Gang (Tainted Love Teal), Ingvild Bolme Chalk Ink (Sweet Pea)
 
I hope you enjoyed my little card projects!  They are a great way to get your creativity on and at the same time use up some of those scrap bits you have leftover from other projects!  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and for the really sweet comments you all are lovely enough to leave me! xo

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your cards ! They are beautiful !

Patty O'Malley said...

Fantastic and beautiful! Always inspiring! Do you think you could do a video tutorial sometime on making your cards? I primarily make cards and would really enjoy seeing your process. I know it's similar to putting together a layout but on a smaller scale. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter!

Kathy G. said...

These are beautiful. I so look forward to your posts.

LisiB said...

Gabrielle, these are truly spectacular. Thank you so much for sharing! I have put this collection on my wishlist for my birthday.

Pirkkis said...

Oooh, You're so talented. I love these cards <3

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Gabrielle, 2 beautiful cards, love the the burlap panel. Happy Easter, Julie x

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks for the kind comments ladies! Patti, yes! I will try and remember to do a little tutorial the next time I make up a card :)

Susan Lankford said...

Two very gorgeous cards!

morkaren said...

Dine kort er så harmoniske og smukke, i de skønne pastel farver, og med rigtig mange detaljer. knus morkaren.

cabezuela said...

preciosas ...me encantan

Beverley said...

My first reaction was... "Oh, what sheer joy the recipient will have when they open their envelope!!" As ever, just delightful Gaby, your cards are always SO special.

Becky said...

wow, these cards are just stunning. Gorgeous little details and colors.
Have a Blessed Easter,:)

Lizzyc said...

HI.. This is one of my all time favourite papers ranges.. I wish I have bought more when I got some!! Your cards are so very pretty, I love the rose on the first one.. and all the stitching and layers.. beautiful cards.. they will cheer up someone that is for sure.. Have a Blessed Easter!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the colors!!

Denise said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I love your work!

Unknown said...

I don't think I was able to Pin and share that first card quick enough!! I love butterflies and the second was amazing as well. But there was something just so spectacular about that first one! Wow!

Cami said...

Both cards are gorgeous! You always create stunning projects and I am always so impressed with your designs and creative talent...what an inspiration you are. Have a wonderful Easter, and I always look forward to seeing your next creation. I have learned about the "art" of paper crafting through your creations.

Aloha,
Cami

Anonymous said...

I just LoVe your handmade rose!!
These cards are just beautiful and what a gorgeous paper line!
The wood elements are awesome! and highlight your elegant
and unique shabby chic design ~
TFS!

Gitte said...

Your cards are stunning. Happy Easter

Liz's creative corner said...

Oh wow these are sooooo gorgeous, love them both, the wood effects and natural embellies are fab, hugs Liz xx

Niece said...

Gorgeous as always! I don't know how you do it. I am always excited when I see you've done something new because I know it will be beautiful. Happy Easter!

cathylynn said...

I love both of these gorgeous cards! Beautiful colors and details. Always a pleasure to visit!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Zamaline said...

is beautiful!!!

Eva Olmo said...

Hi Gabrielle! Both cards are gorgeous! I love how you put each ornament and how to alter the papers.
I'm your fan number 1! hehehehe
Kisses from Spain!

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi hun, Just letting you know I finally got brave and had a go at my first scrap book page, it's on my blog here lol
http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/beautiful-memories.html

hugs Liz xx

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle
So gorgeous are these cards, i love all the layers and the handmade rose. I really love your style and looking forward to see your next creation.
Hugs, Danoesja

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Hi Gabrielle, gorgeous cards, I love all of the textures and the adorable colours, woody colours seem to blend with anything.. Hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Gabrielle! I love your cards!! :) They're absolutely gorgeous!!! TFS! I get so inspired by all your projects!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Wow, wow, wow!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails