Wednesday, November 19, 2014

So Sweet {Dusty Attic & Maja Design}



Hi all, today I have another page to share with you using Maja Design papers and Dusty Attic Chipboard (as well as a few lovely page accents sent to me from Lucy at Tresors de Luxe).  As I was scrapping this recent photo of my youngest daughter, I was struck by how much she's grown up.  I can't believe she is a teenager now (turned 13 over the summer).  I miss her being my baby girl, but I also have enjoyed every stage of her life, this girl cracks me up with her funny sense of humour and quirky style. For this page I used a modge podge of Maja Design papers.  I more often than not combine a variety of Maja papers, coordinating them by color rather than collection name.

So Sweet_Sig_Layout_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_04 I used a variety of scraps in neutral tones and greens to make my rolled paper accents.  I rolled up the scraps and then bound them with some twine.  I added a fun l'il door hook on the side of my paper from Ingvild Bolme's Junkyard Findings.

  So Sweet_Sig_Layout_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_05

I used a variety of Dusty Attic chipboard as part of my page design, including a Skeleton Clock Frame, Foliage, and the 'So Sweet' title.  For the frame I first painted the pieces with some white Gesso.  Then I randomly dabbed on some 'Broken China' and 'Peeled Paint' Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  I did a little edging with Ingvild Bolme's 'Branch Bark' Chalk Ink.  Then I added a coat of Inksenttials Crackle Medium.  When it was dry  and crackled I dabbed on some 'Walnut Stain' Distress ink so that it got in the little cracks and whipped off the excess ink.

  So Sweet_Sig_Layout_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_03

I used the 11th of March-bs paper as the green background frame for my page and as the main background paper I used the backside of 'Flannel Shirt' paper from 'Walking in the Forest Collection'....this is one of my favorite papers to use as a nice neutral background, especially when I do some mixed media on the page as I did here.  I used a bit of Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress ink pads on the page and added some texture with home-made texture paste and a Crafter's Workshop Stencil called 'Mini Damask'.  The butterfly is an image that I printed on a piece of transparency and cut out.

  So Sweet_Sig_Layout_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_06

I wanted to keep my blossoms soft and clean, so I went with a burlap bloom from Petaloo and two white blossoms from Dusty Attic Designs.  The small sugared dots are from Prima.

  So Sweet_Sig_Layout_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_08

The strip of lace I used on the bottom of the page and the natural floral cluster (just above the title) are both from Tresors de Luxe.  I had a little fun with the title.  First I gave it a coat of brown chalk ink 'Knotted Wood' by Ingvild Bolme, then I used some 'Waterfall' Stickles in the center of my alpha's.  After it all dried I gave the whole thing a coat of gloss medium with some Glossy Accents.

Maja Design Products used in this project: 

Vintage Spring Basics (11th of March-bs, 7th of April, 7th of April-bs), Antiglen (Kaffe pÄ trappan), Walking in the Forest (Flannel Shirt-bs), Sofiero (brown dot). I hope you enjoyed today's project and hope you find yourself some time this week to get your Maja on.

Dusty Attic Products used in this project:

~ Skeleton Clock Frames
~ Foliage
~ 'So Sweet' title chippie

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, you ladies are all awesome, the comments you leave here really touch my heart, thanks for that! xo xo


32 comments:

Petras BastelschÀtze said...

Hi Gabrielle,
I like this work and the compilation of all the decorations really. So many beautiful accents you've set again, and the color I like very large class. The lace also looks absolutely beautiful. Then a great compliment to your beautiful daughter.
Greetings Petra

Neha Natani said...

the layout looks amazing!!

Becky said...

This page is stunning Garielle! I just love all the beautiful little details you put into your pages.

AngelkissesbyLinda said...

I think you know by now how much I love your work and this layout is no different. I have learned so much from you and thank you for teaching me. This is just Gorgeous Gabi.

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always! So is your daughter. Boys stay little longer. My girl at 13 was years ahead of her brothers at the same age. Too bad they can't all stay little forever!

mamablitger said...

Oh Gabrielle... As usual your layout is awesome. Love all the fab details !!!! And your pretty daughter makes the perfect center for this layout with such a great title.
LOVE and adore your work. You always inspire me. The worst thing is that Dusty Attick chipboard seems to be hard to find. I know you have shared several stores. But not all ship to Spain and one of them do have outrageous shipping.
But that does'nt keep me away from being an avid fan of your work.
Thanks for sharing. Hugs from Monica.. Spain

Paula Calvanico said...

Hey Gabi :) You always make your pages packed with goodness and yet never too busy or not melding perfectly. Seeing your girls grow up through your pieces is amazing, your baby is beautiful.

Paula xoxo

Romy said...

Gosh, this is far beyond beautiful, Gabi! Your lay-out looks feminine and elegant, but also natural and vintage. I just love the colours that you used and the pretty chipboard accents.

Janie said...

Beautiful elements so skillfully composed. Your use of color is fabulous.
Daughters are wonderful.
I'm pleasantly inspired!

britgirl58 said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent. Julie

Janene said...

beautiful as always! Love the details and design!

Danielle Champagne said...

wow.. Hello Gabrielle, your page is out of this world gorgeous. I loooooooove the little door hook! I also love those rolled papers at the right, interesting elements. everything is beautiful, of such good taste, such balance, and wonderful colors. Awesome. Hugs.

Patty O'Malley said...

Wow! Love all the beautiful details on this page!

Patty O'Malley said...

Wow! Love all the beautiful details on this page!

Beverley said...

Such a beautiful layout Gabi...your baby a 13 beautiful years already!! Thanks so much for sharing how you created your clock and foliage - love them both.

Rachelle Olaridge said...

So gorgeous Gabi. Love all the beautiful details. You such an inspiration to me.
Huggies!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow this takes me breath away.. so very beautiful.. every inch of it is so pretty, gorgeous details, lovely photo stunning chipboard.. and yes I understand where you are coming from... my DD is 13 and getting so grown up.. it is nice to see they grow and turn into wonderful young women, but can they just slow down a bit..hehe!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always. Love the rolled scraps

Elena F Scrap said...

Fantastic LO as always.

LISA said...

It has been so much fun to see your girls grow up throughout the years. Megan is absolutely beautiful. The layout speaks for itself. Soft, romantic and oh so breathtaking. sigh.....such inspiration....xo

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore those "sugared" gems!! Does Prima make the larger ones too? Your layout captures the essence of a mother's love for her child... touching and stunning...Hope you have a wonderful way :)

Unknown said...

I meant day...:)

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Absolutely Stunning!!! This layout is now one of my all time favorites by you!! Love, Love, Love!!!

Jan said...

This is fabulous xx Jan

Unknown said...

magnifique page! bises

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much Lynda, your kind words always put a smile on my face! xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

So true LuAnn, I just try to appreciate every moment I have with them, scrapping those moments helps! xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much Monica! Sometimes it helps if you contact the store owners through email with regard to the shipping price as they may be able to send it in a small package at a better shipping rate. Also, Dusty Attic now also ships direct from their website, you may want to check with tgem as well. Another option is to ask your local scrapstore if they would consider bringing in Dusty Attic chipboard for their store. xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

What a sweet thing to say, thanks so much Janie! xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much Julie! xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments and lovely feedback Danielle!! xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much Kirsten! The square sugared gems were some leftover I had from a no-name pack I got at a local dollar store, ...I looked and I couldn't find them again, wish I'd picked up more! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails