Monday, November 10, 2014

VIDEO TUTORIAL: Making a Fun/Easy Watercolor Card {Dusty Attic & Shimmerz Paints}


Hello friends!  Gabrielle here with you today!  I have a fun and easy little card tutorial to share with you all today.  It's the weekend and I wanted to have a little fun playing with some of my Shimmerz Paint products, and some of my Dusty Attic chipboard.  So I gather up a few supplies, some watercolor paper and got playing!

Here is a quick l'il video tutorial I made up to show how I put it together!  (Note:....my lighting is bright when I film so the card appears softer in color in the video...above is the actual colors)  Enjoy!


Here are a couple of close-ups of the card design: 


I used some old stash for this card, some Prima Hydrangea blooms I had from an old kit.  I also used Martha Stewart leaf punch for the green leaves (just punched from cardstock and given a bit of a wrinkle.


I used one of my stamp designs, the Dandelion, as my center piece.  I used some white embossing powder with it....I would recommend not to press as hard as I did for this card as I feel I lost a lot of my detailing because of this :)


Products Used in this project:

Dusty Attic Chipboard:  Filigree Frame


Shimmerz Paints Products:
~ Moody Mauve Coloringz
~ Don't Citron Me Coloringz
~ Plum Pudding Sprtiz
~ Punked Up Purple Coloringz
~ Blue My Mind Inklingz

I hope you enjoyed watching me create this card today and hope you have some fun just gettin' loose and playing with your Shimmerz Paints!  You can shop for Shimmerz Paints HERE. NOTE:  Don't forget to mention my name "Gabrielle" in the Message to merchant part of your order to get your FREE/Bonus Shimmerz product in the color or your choice!  Go check out the shop, there are lots of amazing deals on Seasonal color groupings going on right now! xo


11 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Love your pretty card, Gabi, with the sweet little fairy! I'm so glad there's a tutorial--I definitely will check it out. Thanks so much, also, for the sweet comment you left on my blog.

Petras Bastelschätze said...

Gabrielle I like your work very much. The frame looks so beautiful and the color harmony as always perfect

Bunny Dobbie said...

Really pretty! Love the tiny fae peeking up at the flowers.

AngelkissesbyLinda said...

Another great tutorial, Very sweet card. TFS!

Janie said...

Delightful piece, your work always makes me smile, always inspiring.

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous card Gabrielle! Thanks for sharing your process too

Di Garling said...

Beautiful card and a great tutorial Gabi. TFS.

Samra said...

What a stunning creation! Your work inspires me so much!

Becky said...

wow! This is stunning.

A Country Twinkle said...

Beautiful card! I love watching your vids and all the wonderful things you create.

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

So gorgeous, those colours look beautiful!
Rebecca.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails