Monday, March 9, 2015

Together - NEW Video Tutorial {Dusty Attic Chipboard and Shimmerz Paints}


Hello friends! I'm so happy to be sharing with you today a page which was my 'attempt' at doing a 'white space' page.  I often admire the look of the layouts that utilize only a small portion of a page but do it in such a way that the eye is drawn right in to the photo.  I, being  an over embellisher find that my attempts at this style does not always come out as I had envisioned!  In this case I think I came closer to what I was envsioning so I guess I should be happy with that. (maybe next time I'll start with a smaller photo?)


Here are the lovely Dusty Attic chipboard designs I incorporated into my page.  Some you may not recognize because I chopped it up a bit and used small pieces of it (Vine Corner). 


I designed this page using the Dusty Attic's March Inspiration Board as a jumping off point.  Every month Dusty Attic has a great challenge (with prize!) going on centered around their Inspiration board.  Just create a page using Dusty Attic chipboard utilizing the colors and moods set on the inspiration board for the month. 


These are the Shimmerz products I used to create this page, using the Dusty Attic Moodboard as my color inspiration. **Pleas NOTE: I said in the video that I used "Bamboo Leaf" Spritz, when it should have said Olive Branch...sorry about that!**   Here is a full step by step video tutorial I created on how I made up this page. Enjoy!



I hope you enjoyed watching my video tutorial!  I've got some close-ups of the page for you to view at your leisure below....


I used some of the Punked Up Purple Spritz to add a soft hint of color to my Rodanthe Blossoms from Prima.  I always love a nice white blossom that you can change up to match your page with just a few dollops of color!  I've got to say, that Dusty Attic frame (Decorative Scroll #1) has to still be one of my all time favorite Dusty Attic pieces!


Another design technique I really like to use in my work is laying down a couple of layers of color with my Shimmers mists and then stamping on top of it. In this case I used a well used stamp I have from Bo Bunny called 'It Is Written'.   The pretty Moroccan looking chipboard is a piece from Dusty Attic called Marrakesh Trellis panel.....and the circle frame is an old favorite of mine called Decorative Scroll #1.


I did a little bit of fussy cutting from a labels paper I had from the House of Roses paper from LemonCraft. The title sticker is a Heidi Swapp epoxy sticker.


To achieve a shabby chic look, I like to first paint my chipboard pieces white, then do some random stamping in black using an archival ink (so it doesn't run when you hit it with other mediums).  I used my Paris/Beauty stamp for this. Then I rub a little brown chalk ink along the edges of the chipboard to give it a well worn look. Finally I add a coat of Crackle Varnish.


And I don't want to forget to talk about the yummy tinted texture paste used here, it's the gorgeous green color of Texturez called 'Artichoked'.  I used this with a Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil, I think it adds a nice festive touch, don't you?

I hope you enjoyed today's project, I had a LOT of fun making it!  Remember, if you are looking to purchase Shimmerz Paints products, DONT FORGET TO MENTION MY NAME 'GABRIELLE' in your 'Instructions to Merchant/Seller' part of your order to receive a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz product in the color of your choice!  You can find the Shimmerz Paints online store HERE.

If you would like to play along with the Dusty Attic Inspiration board challenge, be sure to post a pic of your layout at the side panel of their blog using their link button.  A good reason to play along?  How about a $100.00 Gift Certificate to spend in their online store?!  Hope to see you play! xo

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, your kind words and feedback always make my day! xo xo


32 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, this is the epitome of pretty! Wow, another new favorite! Such an incredible motif - gorgeous design!!!

ar said...

It's so beautiful! I love your work!

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome, lovely photo and framing of it too, love the colors, wonderful touches!

Lisa Landry said...

This is gorgeous and inspirational.

Romy said...

What a gorgeous lay-out! The colour combination is one that I hardly ever see, but you used it so beautifully! I just love your work on the background and all the lovely little touches that you added.

Seadragon said...

You've done a fabulous job with this Gabrielle. Yes, there is 'space' but not 'empty space! And you've framed the photo so perfectly! I wish a few other people around at the moment would look at this one!

Maureen Killen said...

Hi Gabrielle,
Over-embellished - no way. This is gorgeous and the eye is taken straight to the photo. It's stunning.
Maureen x

mommyx2 said...

Wow! Gabrielle another work of beautiful art. I have said many times only you can turn anything you touch (an empty bread crumb can!!??) into an incredibly beautiful piece. While this is more "space" it covers the page beautifully.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, wow! Another stunner! Love these colors and your gorgeous design.

Patty O'Malley said...

So gorgeous! Love the shine on this layout. The fussy cut flowers and the harlequin stencil are so pretty.

Kathy Bradley said...

As always, Gabrielle, your layout is really gorgeous. The pretty colors and chipboard are lovely and frame the wonderful picture. I always come away learning something from your awesome videos! Thanks so very much for sharing your art!

Kathy

Kathy G. said...

Another beautiful layout. I'm loving the shimmer on the Texturez. (Now on my must have list) Just watched the video - AMAZING! Thanks for showing us your incredible talent.

Janene said...

Seriously STUNNING Gabi!! Love the colors and textures. It's just amazing!!!!!

Diane said...

This is absolutely stunning, Gabrielle and so totally inspirational! Thank you so much for sharing your way of working in the video.
Diane x

Lizzyc said...

This is absolutely stunning, so pretty, so feminine, love the little touches you use on your layouts... like the pearls, and the design is so lovely...love the video to.. thanks for sharing..

Lizzyc said...

This is absolutely stunning, so pretty, so feminine, love the little touches you use on your layouts... like the pearls, and the design is so lovely...love the video to.. thanks for sharing..

Di Garling said...

Such a gorgeous layout Gabbi and I thoroughly enjoyed your video too. TFS.

ike said...

AWESOME - that's all I can say.... AWEESOME !!! xoxoxoxo

dstandard said...

This is just gorgeous! Love your details and explanations!

Unknown said...

I have changed my mind about white space pages...your turned out beautifully. Most pages I've seen look like a globby mess. I love the colors that you chose..the are bright yet softly blended.. (if that makes any sense at all)..Love the shimmery texturez

Beverley said...

I agree with the word most others have used "gorgeous" - that's just as I found it too! Thanks so much for the video, always such a treat to see you work!

Unknown said...

Hi Gabi felicidades !!! Me encanta todo tu trabajo y aprender mas graclas thank's

Unknown said...

Gracias es hermoso tu trabajo Gabi felicidades aprendo mucho contigo

Ann said...

Beautiful layout, and I enjoyed the video. Thank you for sharing.

Maire Gamber said...

You are AMAZING
Marie

Unknown said...

You're art is truly stunning. I just recently found you and I can't stop watching your tutorials. I have a question. My daughter passed away in Feb 2015. I would like to make something like this and hang it on the wall. How can I do that? Thank you. Gaylane

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Oh my goodness, my heart goes out to you and your family Gaylane. I know we sometimes find solace in creating a special tribute to a loved one. I have another kit page coming out in a week or so that I designed for The Scrapbook Diaries, you get all the product I used plus unlimited access to a video tutorial I made to go with it. This one has a nice title that would work well for a mother/daughter photo. It should be posted next week or early the week after.
Sending loads of ((((Hugs)))) your way. xo

Unknown said...

Thank you, Gabrielle. Your words are comforting. So, you are not only incredibly talented but beautiful inside and out. Thank you for your compassion. I will keep checking for the kit. Gaylane

amelia farah said...

Hi Gabrielle ,I love the things you make. I'm from Brazil, Rio de Janeiro. Congratulations for your work. I do crafts and their work inspire me a lot. Thank you for sharing.

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is beyond stunning Gabrielle. I love all your work but this has to be my fave to date. Love the tinted texture paste, the treatment on the chippies and the overall design!! Pure scrapbooking magic!! xx

jreyoriginals@gmail.com said...

So very beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your art! I so enjoy your videos and watching you create! :)

Unknown said...

Hello I am french my name is sylvaine I live in Lyon and I am worshiping your work I very regularly Regrade your blog and your video that I find sublime. you know if it is possible to buy the product and dusty simmerz in France or you sell it internationally thank you for your reply
friendly sylvaine
( desolé if my English is not that good )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails