Sunday, March 8, 2015

Whimsical Party Favors {Bo Bunny Garden Journal & Flutter Stamps}


Hello everyone! I'm excited to share with you today a fun party favor project I made using the NEW Bo Bunny Garden Journal collection and their NEW Flutter Stamps!  We have a big wedding anniversary party coming up for my parents next weekend (their 57th anniversary!) and I thought it would be fun to prep some whimsical party favors (Chocolate flavoring spoons for stirring into coffee or hot chocolate) using the new Flutter Stamps and the Garden Journal collection.  

Party Favors by Gabrielle Pollacco using BoBunny's Garden Journal collection and new Flutter stamps.

I started out with this empty Panko tin I had saved (I don't throw out these nice smooth sided tins, I find they are great for off the page projects).  I began by painting the rim of the tin with some Gold Pearlescents to give a nice shimmery edge to the tin.  Then I glued a section of the Garden Journal 'Wonder' paper directly to the tin using a combination of white craft glue and water. I then cut out a piece of the Garden Journal 'Notebook' paper to perfectly fit around the tin.  I really wanted the curled out part of the paper to be green (the revers of that paper is blue) so I first glued on a little section of the green floral paper from the Garden Journal 6x6 paper pad....then I curled back the two top corners.  I added 6 metal eyelets and then adhered this paper panel to the tin, tying up the corset design with some crinkle ribbon.  

Party Favors by Gabrielle Pollacco using BoBunny's Garden Journal collection and new Flutter stamps.

I added some lace (and a chipboard zipper) as well as some pearls and topped the design with a butterfly embellishment I made using the new Flutter stamps.

embossed butterflies using Bo Bunny Flutter Stamps

I made my butterfly embellishments by stamping one of the butterfly images onto one of the green floral papers from the Garden Journal 6x6 paper pad, and the pink one's were made by stamping onto the Garden Journal 'Wonder' paper.  I added a shimmery black, gold and amethyst embossing powders.  I added a little jewel from the BoBunny jewel packets for the heads and cut out each embellishment.


Next I prepared my favors by laying out some plastic spoons, melting some semi-sweet chocolate and a couple drops of oil and pouring it into the spoons.  I decorated with some colorful sprinkles....


I then wrapped each spoon with some plastic wrap and decorated with one of the embossed butterfly embellishments

Party Favors by Gabrielle Pollacco using BoBunny's Garden Journal collection and new Flutter stamps.

I set them all in my embellished tin and my little project is finished!

Bo Bunny Products used in this project:
Patterned Paper: Garden Journal/Wonder, Notebook
6x6 Paper Pad: Garden Journal
Pearlescents: Gold
Stamps: Flutter Stamps
Jewels: Think Pink, Emerald, Mocha

I hope you enjoyed my 'off the page' project today and hope I've inspired you to play with Bo Bunny's new Flutter stamps Garden Journal collection!

Thanks to all who come by my blog and leave your kind 'rays of sunshine' behind, I appreciate all the lovely feedback on my projects! xo

22 comments:

Romy said...

Oh, these are gorgeous! Your daughters are so lucky to have a mom who is as creative as you are :)

dstandard said...

This is just an awesome idea! Beautiful and love the gift possibilities!

Анна Немирович said...

Очень красиво! :) А идея с шоколадными ложками - потрясающая!!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow a stunning creation everything is beautiful.
Chris x

Lisa Landry said...

cute & innovative!

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, Gabrielle, a gorgeous project for your parents' anniversary gathering! The tin is beautifully decorated and the spoons are really lovely too! I bet one in a cup of coffee would just be awesome! Thanks for sharing your art!

Patty O'Malley said...

You are just incredibly amazing, Gabi! Fantastic project!

Unknown said...

Thank you Gabbi for sharing.... this is so lovely I am a huge fan of your work there is nothing I don't like that you create

Unknown said...

Thank you Gabbi for sharing.... this is so lovely I am a huge fan of your work there is nothing I don't like that you create

Nancy Dynes said...

What a stunning (and delicious) transformation, Gabrielle! The butterflies are amazing! I am going to check out the flutter stamps right now.
Hugs,
Nancy

Martie Rollin said...

I'm impressed with how long your parents have been married! Congratulations! Cute project...thanks for the instructions.

evlin95 said...

superbe bravo !!!

Jenny Alia said...

Very creative. I love your box and the spoons make such a nice favor.

Maureen Killen said...

Hello Gabrielle,
I shall be borrowing this project for my granddaughters birthday this July, with your permission. It's amazing.
Maureen x

Unknown said...

This is a totally fun and beautiful project!!

Beverley said...

Gabi My Dear, is there no end to your talents??? This project is positively gorgeous!! ... the lacing; pearl cluster; embossed butterflies - and oh, those chocolate filled spoons!! I hope your parents have the most wonderful wedding anniversary celebration surrounded by family, love and joy! Thank-you (once again) for the tuition and inspiration you shower us with week after week. xx

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi Gabi. Totally stunning and yummy. Love the details. Fantastic inspiration. Keep it coming!!!!!
Huggies!!!!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Permission granted Maureen ;) xo xo

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Permission granted Maureen ;) xo xo

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow you are so creative, I have never seen such a thing as the spoons, I am sure they will be a wonderful hit for the party.. and a very big congrats to your parents too.. that is a huge milestone for them, I hope you all have a beautiful celebration for them.. love the decorated tin too.. beautiful creating once again..

Conniecrafter said...

A very Happy Anniversary to your parents, this is just Beautiful, such a wonderful idea and such wonderful touches you gave to it!!!

Janene said...

Not sue how I missed this post but seriously awesome idea! Love the way you laced it up - fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails