Thursday, September 10, 2015

Mixed Media Video Tutorial {Shimmerz & Dusty Attic}


Hello friends, I know it's been a while since I last posted!  It's been a busy summer, we just finished putting in new floors in our kitchen, bathroom and mud-room....now we are doing a little painting. But with the kids back to school, I will have time to get more projects going!  Today I have a mixed media page and Video Tutorial to share with you using some lovely Dusty Attic chipboard, some Shimmerz Paints and Maja Design Papers from the Nyhavn collection.


I used the Dusty Attic September 2015 Inspiration board to choose my colors for the page.  NOTE: there is still plenty of time to play along in this months Inspiration board challenge, just be sure to post your project in the right side column of the Dusty Attic blog....there is a $100.00 Gift Certificate to the DA online store up for grabs!


These are the Shimmerz Paints products I used on the background of my page as well as on the Dusty Attic chipboard pieces.  NOTE: Remember to mention my name 'Gabrielle' in your 'Instructions to Merchant/seller' part of your order to get your FREE/Bonus Shimmerz Paints product in the color of your choice!

These are the Dusty Attic products I used to create this page design.  I created a short(ish) video tutorial to show how this page was made.  So, grab a beverage, take a little break and enjoy!....


Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial! Mixed media pages are a lot of fun to make and (other than drying time) go fairly quickly.  Here are a few close-ups you can view at your leisure.


I love all the new wonderful title chippies available from Dusty Attic.  For this one I simply stamped it with some black ink and applied it to the page.  The blooms I used here were a very inexpensive layered sticker set I bought at my local dollar store (I thought the colors were a good match to the inspiration board :)


Here you can see the lovely texture I got on the Elegant Swirls #3 chippie by using some Shimmerz Gritty Graphite Textures on it....I feel like it gives it a kind of cool iron look.  The cute lil bridge was part a super generous gift pack sent to me by a dear friend in Hawaii....thanks so much Kimberly!


Underneath the photo and in the corner of my page design I used one of the stencils I designed for The Crafter's Workshop called 'Moving Vines'.  For this project I used the 6x6 size.  I also added a bit of stamping using a text stamp from Bo Bunny (It is Written Stamp) and a brick textures stamp I designed for The Scrapbook Diaries.  You can find both my stamp and my stencil at The Scrapbook Diaries (USA) HERE. ...and some great news for Canadians! I just heard from Karen Ellis at The Art House Studio in Cambridge, Ontario (Canada), she has all my stencils in her online shop, so hopefully this makes ordering easier for Canadians, you can find her shop HERE.



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, as always I so appreciate all the kind and lovely comments and feedback, you ladies truly make my day! xo


31 comments:

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Gabrielle,

ich bin wieder total begeistert von der wundervollen Gestaltung. Es ist alles perfekt aufeinander abgestimmt und ich bewundere es sehr.
Liebe Grüße Silvi

jenny said...

Absolutely gorgeous Gabrielle.
Wanted you to know that i have today ordered all your stencils in the uk! Yay!I am so excited, now all i hope is that i can do them justice.

I thought that Jaimie at Crafters Workshop gave you a lovely introduction on her video of all the new stencils.

Suzna said...

wow wow i love it.........

Kathy Bradley said...

Your page is gorgeous - wonderful design and elements and a lovely photo. And, your video was awesome.

Sue Kosec said...

Just beautiful work, Gabriella ... as always. I looked here on your blog for an e-mail address but find none. Would you please contact me? Thanks!
SuZeQ

Four11Lady said...

I love when I see that you have posted a video detailing your creative process..............it is so exciting to watch you create and see the magnificent results of your efforts. Your work is amazing and although I do not do scrapbooking, I try to pick up ways to incorporate your creativity into my cards and art journal, using the products that I own. Thank you for sharing your work...............I LOVE IT!

Jane said...

What a beautiful piec, I love the shimmer with the vine. Such a fantastic stencil x

Romy said...

Oh wow, what's not to love about this gorgeous lay-out?! Your mask is just amazing and you managed to make the most amazing lay-out with it too! I love every little bit of it.

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle
Beautiful is your LO with these gorgeous flowers and chipboard.
Hugs, Danoesja

Di Garling said...

Delightful layout Gabbi and I loved watching your video too. TFS.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautifully done, as always, Gabi!

Unknown said...

Dany, assisto e acompanho varios trabalhos de scrap, mas, nenhum, se compara aos seus! SΓ£o divinos! Maravilhosos! Especiais! Amoooo! πŸ’‹πŸ’ŸπŸ’‹πŸ’žπŸ’‹πŸ’πŸ’‹πŸ’—πŸ’‹πŸ’–

langeatheart said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the color of the leaves (have to look again!). Glad to see you back! Missed you and your wonderful videos. Bought a ton of Shimmerz and go figure I have one out of all those colors lol sigh. . .

Beverley said...

Such a pretty project Gabi! Love your combination of Shimmerz Paints, stamps and stencil. As ever, thank-you for your video,
such an inspiration to those of us who love to soak up every little
detail of your wonderful creations! xx

CarolynPhi said...

Such a soft, beautiful layout, your work is always lovely. I love to watch you audition each elements in your design.

Thank you for sharing your talents.

Janene said...

Beautiful of course!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Liz's creative corner said...

Another beautiful layout, beautiful details and fab picture, so love the vine mask and your stamps, do you know if they are available in the UK? about to go on hols, so will have to order from abroad if not, lol

thanks for all your gorgeous inspiration hun,
Liz xx

Lizzyc said...

Hi!mi saw this over at dusty attic and loved it! That stencil sure is lovely! Fabulous stamping too! Another beautiful layout! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim said...

Wow you make it look so easy! Your pages are gorgeous, now you have me thinking and wondering....oh the possibilities!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Thanks so much Liz! Yes, TCW is available in the UK (a number of people from the UK have mentioned they were able to pick up the stencils) ...You can check The Crafter's Workshop store locator "Where to buy" at their website for a location near you. xo

Julie said...

Beautiful layout Gabrielle. I too have been able to order your gorgeous stencils (thanks to my crafting buddy who requested them) so I look forward to 'playing' with them!

Wanda said...

Really beautiful. Thanks for the video!!

mommyx2 said...

Wow!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! I love your new stencils, I already have lots of your stamps from Janene at www.thescrapbookdiaries.com now I must buy your stencils!! Love your work!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Hi Gabi. What a gorgeous LO. Love those colors and stencils. Must get those. Thanks for the inspiration as always. You are my #1 designer.
Huggies!!!!!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Gabi~
I am so glad to be able to visit your blog again and comment!
I've been gone (from blogland) for a year and a half.
Anywho, I really enjoyed your tutorial video!
I still don't know how you spritz and not get warped paper!
But the l/o is beautiful; and so are all your new 'products'.
Hopefully one day I will get to order some things from
SBDiaries and TCW.
I love the photo you used here! (Megan was such a cute
peanut; now a beautiful young lady:)
And the layers of Maja are perfect~
I am a scare-baby with paints and inks - but someday if
I grow up I will try some Shimmeriz! LOL
Blessings,
Karen

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Hello sweet Karen, so lovely to have you back again. Don't let Mixed media intimidate you....it's one of those thongs you just go with the flow! As for warping, if I find my paper is getting too warped,I sometimes will take a 20 min break and sit a few heavy books on my project. That seems to do the trick to flatten it so I can continue ;)

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful!

Carole Wright said...

wow absolutely fabulous as always, beautiful and a great video too. x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

I'm very much enjoying the quiet beauty of this piece!

KoliberArt said...

It`s incredibile! I love it ! You are such a talented ! Hugs from Ewelina ~Koliberart

hibiscus mum said...

Thank you, I so loved this tutorial as I love mixed media journaling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails